Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 486 24.34%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.60%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.07%
Voters: 1997. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

12-15-2013

500 posts about Diana new skin...

Parrot got to be really busy.

Calico Queen

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowed Nijhts View Post
You're right. This is her down time. Does that mean she went to the local salon to get her hair down up and dyed? Met up with the Jersey Shore crew to go get her tan on? Did she go see Ahri and borrow some clothes out of her closet from her dynasty look? Oh, let me guess she also went to the local chinese antique shop to get a new headdress with her loopy hair...

See where I and we are coming from? It wouldn't have been so bad if they did just the clothes with no armor and kept her the same. But they changed EVERYTHING about her. Not in a good way either. It isn't like pre-void kass, or sewn chaos ori. Those still (while changing the whole aesthetic of the champion) keep in the realm of the champions modeled view.

So while you may see Diana as the same person, we, those of us who have waited so long, feel cheated and wronged about this. Including the only responses we get from Riot are just tid bits about how they hear us but have been giving no definitive answers as to if they plan on changing it for the Diana fan base community.

*EDIT* While I am not trying to be mean or belittle your opinion I feel like you would just be interested in the new skin just for the new skin. Not so much for the fan base of it all.
No, I have been waiting for a new Diana skin since the headdress was removed from DV, because somehow after that the green and purples of the skin became super saturated and I personally didn't like it. So I passed. But ever since they hinted at an "elegant" new Diana skin I have been eagerly waiting, speculating that it would be a Lunar Revel skin because.. well "Lunar Revel" and timing.
What you're saying about her not getting dressed up for downtime, it makes sense. It's a logical conclusion. But when I think of these festivals, I meant downtime more as a time to celebrate and have fun, like a party. I'm not Chinese, I've never even been to China, so I'm not an expert, but I think of Christmas parties or New Years.. everyone gets dressed up. Especially New Years parties, guys don their tuxedos and the girls put on their shimmery dresses. So in a country that is dripping with culture, wouldn't it make sense in thinking that they would celebrate similarly if not more so?
(The skin color, I agree should be paler, but if they humored us with changing Jinx's I feel like it's likely they'll probably lighten it. I also think it's important to keep her scars and brand, as they are such a vital piece of her lore and character)
Eventually she will have more skins. But I doubt she will get another Lunar Revel skin. Wouldn't it make more sense for a skin that fits the line so that later when more are added we do have that variety?

Nightingales Sky

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Queen View Post
No, I have been waiting for a new Diana skin since the headdress was removed from DV, because somehow after that the green and purples of the skin became super saturated and I personally didn't like it. So I passed. But ever since they hinted at an "elegant" new Diana skin I have been eagerly waiting, speculating that it would be a Lunar Revel skin because.. well "Lunar Revel" and timing.
What you're saying about her not getting dressed up for downtime, it makes sense. It's a logical conclusion. But when I think of these festivals, I meant downtime more as a time to celebrate and have fun, like a party. I'm not Chinese, I've never even been to China, so I'm not an expert, but I think of Christmas parties or New Years.. everyone gets dressed up. Especially New Years parties, guys don their tuxedos and the girls put on their shimmery dresses. So in a country that is dripping with culture, wouldn't it make sense in thinking that they would celebrate similarly if not more so?
(The skin color, I agree should be paler, but if they humored us with changing Jinx's I feel like it's likely they'll probably lighten it. I also think it's important to keep her scars and brand, as they are such a vital piece of her lore and character)
Eventually she will have more skins. But I doubt she will get another Lunar Revel skin. Wouldn't it make more sense for a skin that fits the line so that later when more are added we do have that variety?
No, you're right Queen. She does need to get dressed up. I do love the panda skin they did for Annie last year for the lunar festival. I also love the lion Kog Maw skin they did for him to match the seasonal festival. I agree with you 100% that she should be dressed up. But I just don't agree the road they took for it.

The color pallet for her I feel is all wrong, the clothing situation, and her accessories don't add up either. I am okay with the elegant look to her. In fact I feel like it would be something different and all together positive.

I don't want you to think I was bashing on you in any way. I wasn't, I just feel like your view and my view could meet half way. I feel like with what Riot did was just make her way too feminine for the fighter that she is. If that makes any sense.

*EDIT* Anyways, thanks for not thinking I was a complete jerk.

Bloodredskies

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taja Rayne View Post
I wasn't sure of the skin at first. It's grown on me a bit, but there's definitely elements I'm not very happy with.

Because I'm not good at describing this sort of thing that well, I figured I'd sketch out how I kind of pictured the skin looking (see attachment below), based heavily on what is already existing. But I'll try to explain why I did what I did.

1) I think that it's acceptable to give her that dark hair, but if so, it should be a cooler tone to give her that signature "dark" feel that seems to be missing in the skin as is. So maybe a bluer tone like the leggings instead of that burgundy tone, I think it's a bit warm.

2) Like others said, the placement of the loops I understand are part of the style they were going for, but I'm not sure how they fit for Diana. Maybe if they were in the back instead of on top of her head? That way the look is still in place, but it is more understated instead drawing so much attention to the top of her head.

3) I think the headdress is nice, but I feel the moon brand on her forehead is very central to her identity, and by changing the hair color AND not incorporating the forehead symbol, it detracts too much from her image. So I made a smaller forehead brand that is encompassed by the headdress for some sort of compromise.

4) I do agree armor is part of her image, and since there wasn't much on Dark Valkyrie, I'd like to see it, but I also agree that it would be nice to see her in something flowy. So, like was suggested, maybe add armor wrist guards and shin guards, and maybe create an armor chestpiece under the flowy cloth for a happy medium (as for the detailing on the guards...Well, I'm not sure, so I just based it on the top of the original design).

5) THE BIGGEST THING: Please, please, please give her the eye markings. If I remember correctly, they are scars, yes? Removing them is like removing Katarina's scar. It's by far her most defining feature and I don't believe it is one that should ever be removed. If nothing else, please at least include the eye markings. It's an easy fix, so I really hope the design team will pull through on this!

As for everything else, I think it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about her being in a skirt over pants, buuuut...I'm going to pick my battles and leave that one alone. lol.
I like where this is going, hopefully the parrot catches sight of this one.

Calico Queen

12-15-2013

Quote:
No, you're right Queen. She does need to get dressed up. I do love the panda skin they did for Annie last year for the lunar festival. I also love the lion Kog Maw skin they did for him to match the seasonal festival. I agree with you 100% that she should be dressed up. But I just don't agree the road they took for it.

The color pallet for her I feel is all wrong, the clothing situation, and her accessories don't add up either. I am okay with the elegant look to her. In fact I feel like it would be something different and all together positive.

I don't want you to think I was bashing on you in any way. I wasn't, I just feel like your opinion and my opinion could meet half way. I feel like with what Riot did was just make her way too feminine for the fighter that she is. If that makes any sense.
I don't think you are being insulting at all, it is easy enough to respectfully disagree with another. I was a little saddened to see the cleavage come out, more so by the exposed upper thighs. I posted somewhere that in my mind I had imagined something longer, less revealing, and again more elegant. I agree with what you're saying, how it is possible to meet half way. However, honestly I wanted something grand and ...flowing? I personally wanted more cloth. I also thought the main color would be red, to work in the blood moon concept.. I digress. I understand it really sucks waiting for your favorite champ to get a new skin. And I'm sorry, it does seem to fall short of the majority's expectations. But it is what it is, it seems so rare for Riot to humor anyone's complaints about a skin, so huzzah that they're contemplating it. But for them to make it a Lunar Revel skin, I wanted it to look like a Lunar Revel skin. And I wanted her to be the queen

Jacccey

12-15-2013

Quote:
You're right. This is her down time. Does that mean she went to the local salon to get her hair down up and dyed? Met up with the Jersey Shore crew to go get her tan on? Did she go see Ahri and borrow some clothes out of her closet from her dynasty look? Oh, let me guess she also went to the local chinese antique shop to get a new headdress with her loopy hair...

See where I and we are coming from? It wouldn't have been so bad if they did just the clothes with no armor and kept her the same. But they changed EVERYTHING about her. Not in a good way either. It isn't like pre-void kass, or sewn chaos ori. Those still (while changing the whole aesthetic of the champion) keep in the realm of the champions modeled view.

So while you may see Diana as the same person, we, those of us who have waited so long, feel cheated and wronged about this. Including the only responses we get from Riot are just tid bits about how they hear us but have been giving no definitive answers as to if they plan on changing it for the Diana fan base community.

*EDIT* While I am not trying to be mean or belittle your opinion I feel like you would just be interested in the new skin just for the new skin. Not so much for the fan base of it all.
at first i thought it is a bad idea to completely change her look. i thought she would look good with armor and moon symbol
but, i think it really stops creativity if we have to keep most of the diana's features !
jsut look at bunny riven, forecast janna etc. they really make something different from the original character and its fun.
why ppl are okay with that? its becuz they already hv a lot of skins, designing something more creative is good and acceptable
i think the reason why ppl are upset about the skin is becuz, Diana doesnt hv enough skins.
we all want a skin with nice armor etc and now suddenly there is a new one, but its completely different from what ppl expected.
I would say since this is a lunar revel skin, why not just let them do something different.
and maybe diana would get another skin in future that suits her original design

Finch Toast

12-15-2013

I dont believe the scars are necessary but I would like to see the return of her mark. I take this skin as a "justicar" version of her. If when she was chosen by the moon people looked to her in awe instead of fear. Though that darkness isnt present I believe it would still feel like Diana. I've never really thought of her as dark though more so wounded, alone and betrayed.

Edit: Maybe however something reminiscent of her scars can be done with make up since she has no make up on according to stylus. Not to the tee but something similar.

xokolade

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
Im liking the right one (her left) you?
i'm a fan of the asymmetrical style actually
but the longer one is best

xokolade

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taja Rayne View Post
I wasn't sure of the skin at first. It's grown on me a bit, but there's definitely elements I'm not very happy with.

Because I'm not good at describing this sort of thing that well, I figured I'd sketch out how I kind of pictured the skin looking (see attachment below), based heavily on what is already existing. But I'll try to explain why I did what I did.

1) I think that it's acceptable to give her that dark hair, but if so, it should be a cooler tone to give her that signature "dark" feel that seems to be missing in the skin as is. So maybe a bluer tone like the leggings instead of that burgundy tone, I think it's a bit warm.

2) Like others said, the placement of the loops I understand are part of the style they were going for, but I'm not sure how they fit for Diana. Maybe if they were in the back instead of on top of her head? That way the look is still in place, but it is more understated instead drawing so much attention to the top of her head.

3) I think the headdress is nice, but I feel the moon brand on her forehead is very central to her identity, and by changing the hair color AND not incorporating the forehead symbol, it detracts too much from her image. So I made a smaller forehead brand that is encompassed by the headdress for some sort of compromise.

4) I do agree armor is part of her image, and since there wasn't much on Dark Valkyrie, I'd like to see it, but I also agree that it would be nice to see her in something flowy. So, like was suggested, maybe add armor wrist guards and shin guards, and maybe create an armor chestpiece under the flowy cloth for a happy medium (as for the detailing on the guards...Well, I'm not sure, so I just based it on the top of the original design).

5) THE BIGGEST THING: Please, please, please give her the eye markings. If I remember correctly, they are scars, yes? Removing them is like removing Katarina's scar. It's by far her most defining feature and I don't believe it is one that should ever be removed. If nothing else, please at least include the eye markings. It's an easy fix, so I really hope the design team will pull through on this!

As for everything else, I think it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about her being in a skirt over pants, buuuut...I'm going to pick my battles and leave that one alone. lol.
I like what you did with the shoes and the hair! They look good and still preserve the feel of the original skin. The headdress, imo, is a huge step up.

Gaundelf

12-15-2013

@IronStylus I get where the ideas coming from but the problem with Chang E being Diana is shes already shown with a lot of color and you all have already set the darkness of Diana to represent the moon this skin destroys the difference between Diana and the moon and Leona and the sun I think you would be better off doing concept art off of WoWs moon goddess elune shes always been dark with hair and it more shows who Diana is supposed to be