Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finch Toast

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacccey View Post
snip.
That 4th image is beautiful. that armor design on the chest o-o

Edit: also the 7th is very graceful

L0S

12-15-2013

Hey Guys, I don't know how much my opinion is worth, but one thing for sure is I like that IronStylus and the team actually considered feed back. In my opinion I think that new feel for the skin is just awesome I think you guys out did your selves in terms of finding a new feel for her , its really creative. what I think could help bring the skin to another level though is to make her particles extremely FLASHY!!! I think that would add alot to the model. My idea's would be to have a feint moon appear above enemy champions,right at the top of the light, when she lands a crescent strike ,when she ults the target the moon is made visible and drops down to her to gives her have an aura or moon light cloak thats flaring like a moon light flame.
when she q's again make the animation looks like this skill shot is much more powerful and thus the cloak disappears thus an easy repettion in the animation? , keep her moon light particles always glittering fluorescent texture , almost as if the moon light it self is alive, try experimenting with the natural base particle holders to achieve a new flashiness to better complement the skin feel, another thought, maybe change her auto attack feel, give it like a yasuo high noon feel where each attack there's blood splattered, and on her third strike activating her passive some moon dust is splattered too, with her attack speed up that would look really dope! and add to assassin vibe I see in the skin, anyways thats all i got right now , id like to see the dianna skin moved up to 1350 kinda worth instead of a 975.... its been quite a wait ahah :P gj though guys

Nightingales Sky

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Queen View Post
I think everyone needs to separate their expectations for a random new Diana skin from a Lunar Revel skin. I keep seeing people tossing around the comparison to pool party Leona. And that's just it, it's from the pool party skin line. No one goes swimming in armor. Even though Leona is so heavily armored, it wouldn't make any sense at all. Similarly, Diana's skin is for the Lunar Revel line. She is supposed to be at a festival. It's her down time. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for her to be wearing armor. Stop griping about the hair color, it should be different, again it's a Lunar Revel skin. Look at Guqin Sona (brown hair) or Panda Annie (black hair). The ribbons, the loops, they make sense because IT'S A LUNAR REVEL SKIN. Please don't make this more of a Warring Kingdoms skin, Lunar Revel should be her festival!
My vote is for less armor. It doesn't mean she has to have more skin exposed. If anything I would think she would be a little happier, a little merrier partaking in a festival named after the moon.

Let's not forget, regardless we have a new Diana skin! If you don't like it, don't buy it! I'm buying it, even if not one tiny thing was changed. Thanks for making a new skin Riot! <3

You're right. This is her down time. Does that mean she went to the local salon to get her hair down up and dyed? Met up with the Jersey Shore crew to go get her tan on? Did she go see Ahri and borrow some clothes out of her closet from her dynasty look? Oh, let me guess she also went to the local chinese antique shop to get a new headdress with her loopy hair...

See where I and we are coming from? It wouldn't have been so bad if they did just the clothes with no armor and kept her the same. But they changed EVERYTHING about her. Not in a good way either. It isn't like pre-void kass, or sewn chaos ori. Those still (while changing the whole aesthetic of the champion) keep in the realm of the champions modeled view.

So while you may see Diana as the same person, we, those of us who have waited so long, feel cheated and wronged about this. Including the only responses we get from Riot are just tid bits about how they hear us but have been giving no definitive answers as to if they plan on changing it for the Diana fan base community.

*EDIT* While I am not trying to be mean or belittle your opinion I feel like you would just be interested in the new skin just for the new skin. Not so much for the fan base of it all.

Finch Toast

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowed Nijhts View Post
You're right. This is her down time. Does that mean she went to the local salon to get her hair down up and dyed? Met up with the Jersey Shore crew to go get her tan on? Did she go see Ahri and borrow some clothes out of her closet from her dynasty look? Oh, let me guess she also went to the local chinese antique shop to get a new headdress with her loopy hair...

See where I and we are coming from? It wouldn't have been so bad if they did just the clothes with no armor and kept her the same. But they changed EVERYTHING about her. Not in a good way either. It isn't like pre-void kass, or sewn chaos ori. Those still (while changing the whole aesthetic of the champion) keep in the realm of possibility for them.

So while you may see Diana as the same person, we, those of us who have waited so long, feel cheated and wronged about this. Including the only responses we get from Riot are just tid bits about how they hear us but have been giving no definitive answers as to if they plan on changing it for the Diana fan base community.

*EDIT* While I am not trying to be mean or belittle your opinion I feel like you would just be interested in the new skin just for the new skin. Not so much for the fan base of it all.
Please dont be to upset with Riot. Its the weekend and Iron said he would talk to the team on Monday so lets wait to see what they do im sure Parrot has thought about it over the weekend and has thought up some things he wants to try.

Daemon

12-15-2013

The reason that everyone is so worked up about this skin is because it'll be a year and a half since her release and she has yet to get a skin.

Needless to say, Diana fans kind of want this skin to be really good. Who knows when she'll get another skin?

xokolade

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacccey View Post
snip
I LOVE THE SECOND TO LAST ONE! The shoes especially! They are so stylish...

Dryad Soraka

12-15-2013

Very, very disappointing.

Finch Toast

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokolade View Post
I LOVE THE SECOND TO LAST ONE! The shoes especially! They are so stylish...
Im liking the right one (her left) you?

Nightingales Sky

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
Please dont be to upset with Riot. Its the weekend and Iron said he would talk to the team on Monday so lets wait to see what they do im sure Parrot has thought about it over the weekend and has thought up some things he wants to try.
You're right. I am just annoyed at how long it has been. I mean no harm just wish that they had considered the feeling of the community before making such a bold and brash move.

Taja Rayne

12-15-2013

I wasn't sure of the skin at first. It's grown on me a bit, but there's definitely elements I'm not very happy with.

Because I'm not good at describing this sort of thing that well, I figured I'd sketch out how I kind of pictured the skin looking (see attachment below), based heavily on what is already existing. But I'll try to explain why I did what I did.

1) I think that it's acceptable to give her that dark hair, but if so, it should be a cooler tone to give her that signature "dark" feel that seems to be missing in the skin as is. So maybe a bluer tone like the leggings instead of that burgundy tone, I think it's a bit warm.

2) Like others said, the placement of the loops I understand are part of the style they were going for, but I'm not sure how they fit for Diana. Maybe if they were in the back instead of on top of her head? That way the look is still in place, but it is more understated instead drawing so much attention to the top of her head.

3) I think the headdress is nice, but I feel the moon brand on her forehead is very central to her identity, and by changing the hair color AND not incorporating the forehead symbol, it detracts too much from her image. So I made a smaller forehead brand that is encompassed by the headdress for some sort of compromise.

4) I do agree armor is part of her image, and since there wasn't much on Dark Valkyrie, I'd like to see it, but I also agree that it would be nice to see her in something flowy. So, like was suggested, maybe add armor wrist guards and shin guards, and maybe create an armor chestpiece under the flowy cloth for a happy medium (as for the detailing on the guards...Well, I'm not sure, so I just based it on the top of the original design).

5) THE BIGGEST THING: Please, please, please give her the eye markings. If I remember correctly, they are scars, yes? Removing them is like removing Katarina's scar. It's by far her most defining feature and I don't believe it is one that should ever be removed. If nothing else, please at least include the eye markings. It's an easy fix, so I really hope the design team will pull through on this!

As for everything else, I think it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about her being in a skirt over pants, buuuut...I'm going to pick my battles and leave that one alone. lol.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LunarGoddess.jpg (745.1 KB, 100 views)