Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil La Pew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesouroDeRaio View Post
Hello IronStylus, I don't know if you are still getting suggestions, but I will leave mine here:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9065/vl9c.png

It's just some recolors, I hope it will help in some way. ^^
The black and white one looks awesome. If they did that and took away the hair bow I would buy it.

Capitan Rick

12-15-2013

As a person being guilty of a diana QQ thread instantly upon seeing the skin, im glad you are making changes. Personally i dont have a problem with the outfit or her needing armor or whatever. The problem i have is her tan skin and brown hair. Shes the moon goddess or moon person or whatever not a regular human and having that extremely human appearance is odd, and i realy dislike it. Seconf i know you mentioned it herself, that copper gold animations look bad, like they are the same color as syndras balls on the judicar skin. Thats my little input, take it as you like Iron Stylus.

BesouroDeRaio

12-15-2013

Honestly, I don't think bright and high saturated colors works with Diana, that's why I suggested the Black & White theme.

One of the purposes of the colors is to express emotions, her skins needs low saturation, and as some here have mentioned, the "pale" factor is something very important to her personality.

We need a skin that looks awesome in-game, we don't need a skin that we would have to explain to our friends that it's colored only because of the Lunar Revel theme.

Anyway, that is my opinion.

Finch Toast

12-15-2013

I Actually saw a really nice color combo earlier with like deep reds and pale rose color that was mixed by using a desaturated brown almost grey done with a grunge effect. The way the colors blended was nice and how it offered color well still keeping it darker? in attitude was nice

OtherMaTwo

12-15-2013

Hi Iron.

Pls take my concept art about the Lunar Flower Diana. Well the original idea came from the Wolf's Rain series. The fast draw i made it's based about similar ideas.
The idea of the white Lunar flower will be the shape of the Diana's hair.
Here is a fast draw for u. I'm still developing the whole idea is just a concept. I left u some pics of cool ideas too.
http://imageshack.com/a/img812/5289/ohha.jpg

Wobiwobi

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesouroDeRaio View Post
Honestly, I don't think bright and high saturated colors works with Diana, that's why I suggested the Black & White theme.

One of the purposes of the colors is to express emotions, her skins needs low saturation, and as some here have mentioned, the "pale" factor is something very important to her personality.

We need a skin that looks awesome in-game, we don't need a skin that we would have to explain to our friends that it's colored only because of the Lunar Revel theme.

Anyway, that is my opinion.
^ totally agree with this, specially the second bold statement
if this skin will be available in shop whole time even when event end (it should be just like Zyra new badass skin) then giving her colorful/bright skin isn't good idea imho.

BesouroDeRaio

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
I Actually saw a really nice color combo earlier with like deep reds and pale rose color that was mixed by using a desaturated brown almost grey done with a grunge effect. The way the colors blended was nice and how it offered color well still keeping it darker? in attitude was nice
Yeah, there are a lot of possibilities, I just think that Riot didn't picked the best colors for the Lunar Revel skin.

Dark Valkyrie skin is a good example, it's very saturated, but to compensate that, it's very dark, that's why I like that skin.

xokolade

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I think my redesign got lost in the posts, but here's what I came up with. I went with the "more light armor" route since that's what Iron seems to want to do and there's a lot of "not enough armor!" criticism. I only added a gorget (neck/collarbone armor) and made her top a bit more drapey. I made her hair blonde because...it looks better. Not sure why. The top-loops can't be removed, though.

I'd be awesome if it were black, gold, and white, but I'm quite sure that black and white doesn't read well in 3D isometric views like LoL. I remember reading something about it a long time ago in relation to old Karma's colors.

Attachment 857783
Attachment 857785

I know, some people don't want it covered up more, but I only really turned her thigh-highs into basically fancy yoga pants and gave her a gorget...I have an alternate version without the gorget, but I'll post it in a few hours if anyone is interested.

I've got the model and I can do texture changes, but not complete model changes. I'll entertain any doable changes. I might go back and try to add an Asian-style pattern onto bits of her clothing to make it less plain. I also kind of want to make her bracers look like they are wrapped.
I would love to see more of a asian texture on the model! The one problem I have with this edit is the hair... The blonde and gold and her skin tone all seem really close to one another, and it doesn't create enough contrast. Maybe try another color?

Kyriella

12-15-2013

I agree the brown on the haircolor isn't exactly the greatest

But dark contrast colors doesn't seem to really work either. I mean she can have many other skins with that contrast but this one, lets keep it color. I rather at least see her in a happier setting rather than gloomy and depressing just because of lore.

BioSurvival

Senior Recruiter

12-15-2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diana.gif
Views:	100
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	857822

After alot of review, I decided to throw together a quick edit how Riot could make this skin look better. As I agree this looks nothing like Diana that we all know and her face is ugly, her skin tone is also off. Check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks! -BioSurvival