Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 472 23.94%
Needs Slight alterations 624 31.64%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 876 44.42%
Voters: 1972. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolféran Maximus

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeTQ View Post
She wasn't allowed to have a headdress because people complained she looked too much like Syndra and they claimed Riot was being lazy and not creative. Any other reason is just a faade.

Comparison of original skin with purple eyes edited:
Attachment 857240
It was Syndra's fault all along...

RavenHusky

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
T___T

First, there are 5 more heavily armored, military themed skins in the line. We might see a feminine Lux skill as early as 2030. (If there are no delays.)
Wouldn't be surprised. We've been trying to get any info possible out of Riot ever since they promised us our next Lux skin.

You guys are lucky that Stylus immediately communicated with you about your Diana skin. All we got when Steel Legion Lux was revealed was the runaround from Ricklessabandon, the skin getting pulled from the PBE for a couple weeks, and nothing else until SL Garen was revealed, and that was about five months after the whole Finales Funkeln fiasco.

KyreeXD

12-14-2013

If this skin gets Diana publicity and therefore gets riots eye on her i will be happy the lunar queen needs some riot attention

PungentPepper

12-14-2013

New Diana skin is nice
And i have an idea.

it change the hilt of the weapon for mesh(?)
so like this →(http://bimg.c.aliimg.com/img/product...7/42765763.jpg)

How is this?

KittensGCS

12-14-2013

Good guy Parrot.

Ironstylus, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I actually love what I've seen with this skin so far. I love the purple tones that are being used. The darker hair goes perfectly with the purples that are being use as well. The weapon is very good too.

I think a lot of people are forgetting what a skin is supposed to be. It is a different look for a character. I see all these posts asking for the same hair color, more armor, and well more of the same Diana.

For me, I like that this skin is making some changes. For me, that is what a skin is supposed to be. I guess this is just a long way of saying that I like what I am seeing so far.

Daemon

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epichuntarz View Post
Better than it was before, but still not THE Diana skin I've been waiting on for a year. Gonna skip. Hopefully her next skin's concept is...more interesting.
I'm not really proficient in changing models, but yeah. I agree. I did what I could. I kind of what a Dark Knight skin. No, not Batman, but something kind of knight-themed, but dark and sinister.

Also, it's been a year and a half. Diana was released in the beginning of August and Lunar Revel isn't until the end of January.

IceTsuki

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Looks mostly like stuff that's just not complete.

As for her hair, I'm liking where it's generally going. I think the reversal from the white is appropriate for this particular skin. I'm certainly open to suggestions though.
I wanted to say that I love the idea for this skin, including the clothy bits. The only thing that bugs me is her hair color. I like the idea of reversing the white, but not brown. Black would be great. Dark gray would be great. But brown just doesn't fit her. It's too earthy.
That said, I'm really excited to see a skin for one of my favorite champs!

Lady Ash

12-14-2013

I love it the way it is.

Kyriella

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Thanks for the discussion, guys. Hitting the sack now. I appreciate the feedback, ideas, and especially reference. Throw up more ideas if you've got them. Visual reference helps a ton. I'll keep tabs on the thread over the weekend and bring it to the team's attention on Monday.

Thanks again.
Thanks again Mr Parrot :3 Also for my input: She looks amazing, just coloring could be improved, skin coloring, jewels, ect. She looks amazing though and I love the purple hues to her cloth. Its something nice and elegant, but still strong and warrior girl-like. I hate how she looks a bit older on her face. She could use some makeup, less lines, make her look more nice and glamorous for a festival. Also I hate the shoes, so boots could be great and different colored stockings! Also the fact that since shes our Moon Goddess she should be the crown jewel of this event. Give her what she deserves, something beautiful and that shines her. Ignore the armor ideas that people keep spouting. Every girl champ will eventually have something modern or showy, and this skin frankly is as far as it should go since shes like Leona: doesn't need to show a lot of skin to look beautiful.

Space Dandy

12-14-2013

Almighty Parrot,

I really like seeing Diana in cloth rather than her heavy armor. I think it is a really nice take on her. However, I don't know that trying to mix cloth and armor is the best idea. Personally, if I were going to give her an outfit such as this, I would try and make it almost pure cloth rather than an awkward combination of the two.

The headpiece doesn't flatter her at all in my opinion, although perhaps making it more subtle would be an easier and potentially better solution than removing it. I think it sticks out just a bit too much. Though maybe the headpiece just isn't meant to be on her

As for her hair, I don't think it needs much changing if it is to be a Lunar Revel skin, as it fits that theme well (although I'd personally rather see her hair completely free and flowing, but that doesn't really fit the theme well). I also feel that making her hair black may fit the skin better as well.

I believe the issues with her face have already been addressed.

Lastly I want to touch on the blade, which I LOVE except for one tiny detail. The outer edge seems rather blunt, at least in comparison to her other skins. While this does differentiate it, I believe it is supposed to be blade on both sides, considering she does slash both directions with it, so it should look and feel sharp on both edges.

There is plenty of potential to make a great skin here, it just may be too much to undo a lot of what work has already been done. However if some changes aren't made, I can't see this skin being very successful, and I am one of the people who have been dying for an new skin for our favorite moon lady.