Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.95%
Needs Slight alterations 625 31.65%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.41%
Voters: 1975. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finch Toast

12-14-2013

Please do not downvote people for their opinions unless they are overly being rude.

Now that I'm back on my computer I can finally get back to adding something to this conversation :3

KPOP Ahri

12-14-2013

hm I'm not a Diana player but I've always liked the character and her lore . I don't like the clothes' colors and the overall style of the skin :/ it isn't dark enough , doesn't make me think of the night and the moonlight . it doesn't look like Diana , it's more like some kind of new character to me .
it's a beautiful skin , but it doesn't fit Diana at all in my opinion . I can't feel the character's lore in it , her facial expression is too bright , too normal , doesn't reflect what she has been through unlike her classic and valkyrie skins . also , why a heart on her costume ? :/

Jikker

12-14-2013

The shoes are my main issue. Flip-flop sandals are not Diana in the least.

Wobiwobi

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyElGato View Post
@IronStylus:

Is this skin the result of the concept art we saw a while ago, where Diana looked like she was wearing all black (it was only her head that was shown).

I was looking forward to THAT skin, and I thought it was going to be some kind of ninja-looking thing.
he showed concept art? when? where? IMPOSSIBLE! LINK PLEASE! PIC OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! I want to see it now! please

also every time I read comment with "make her skin very pale" or "give her more armor and less clothes" I starting to think you guys just want Dark Valkyrie skin but with human pale skin (instead of purple) and with more covered body... or the "it don't fit Diana at all" ... people are you all drunk? SKINS AREN'T SUPPOSE TO BE 100% ACCURATE TO LORE AND CHAMPION CHARACTER!! if her base and DV skins are battle themed (battle suit and valkyrie armor) there is no need for new full/totall battle suit/full body armor skin for her

also if it's suppose to be somehow MOON GODDESS skin then the less armor she have the better it would follow that concept of goddess. After all gods, specially goddesses don't need silly armors created by mortals to protect their immortal bodies from harm, so they can wear delicate clothes that can show their godly beautiful/sexy bodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Thanks for the discussion, guys. Hitting the sack now. I appreciate the feedback, ideas, and especially reference. Throw up more ideas if you've got them. Visual reference helps a ton. I'll keep tabs on the thread over the weekend and bring it to the team's attention on Monday.

Thanks again.
so you want references? I checked via google images/deviant art for art with moon related goddesses (Luna, Diana, Artemis, etc...) or moon themed warriors and:

most of the goddesses are wearing very delicate dresses that show big part of their bodies: no boots, no armor, no shoulder pads just dresses.... same goes for Asian Moon goddesses so that whole "let's add more armor here and there and there" is negating that "Lunar Goddess Diana" concept IMHO

before I post those pics I gathered, here is a list of my suggestion/ideas for this skin:
- hair color change into white, dark blue (like in DV skin) or black because brown look veery weird
- remove headdress so her moon mark will be more visible, give her some kind of strand of hair/forelock/hair bangs that could cover a bit her forehead http://imgur.com/a/XlVjI
OR
- change the headdress for some kind of small silver tiara, so she will have her forehead accessory, her moon mark will be visible, you can give her those mentioned strands of hair/forelock/hair bangs http://imgur.com/a/XlVjI
Attachment 856823
- give her bell bottom sleeves by removing those bracers/arm-guards so her dress won't look so puffy in elbow area
OR
- keep bracers/some kind of armored (but not plate) elbow gloves but keep them under those bell bottom sleeves, the "armored" part will stay and they will be partially visible in the hand, wrist area where sleeves end
- remove that weird hairstyle (specially that hair loop from top of her head)
- give her new dance because the original one sucks hard aka it's not even dance. no dance parties for Diana during game T_T
- shoulder pads may look better with gold-dark blue combination like her shoes instead of gold-purple theme and maybe different shape, maybe something like this:
Attachment 856822
- maybe change main color of her sword from gold into light blue to match her dress? or dark blue to fit her shoes and changed shoulder-pads
- maybe give her boots with heels? I think that Diana is the only female that don't have boots with heels. high heels look more femine and maybe will make them looks less pleb/common with flat foot boots
- and for GOD SAKE, IRONSTYLUS PLEASE DON'T GIVE HER PALE SKIN OR VERY HARDCORE EYES SHADOWS/EYE MARKINGS (maybe delicate makeup but not uber hardcore like for base skin)
Attachment 856824

and now the pictures of Lunar/Moon Goddesses... I tried to find pictures with Goddesses in some kind of battle attire instead of pure goddesses robes but it was hard :| I ignored asian Moon goddess pictures because they almost looks the same: long dress/kimino + some kind of weird hairstyle and hair accessories
Attachment 856841
Attachment 856842
Attachment 856843
Attachment 856844
Attachment 856848
Attachment 856849
Attachment 856850
Attachment 856853
Attachment 856856
Attachment 856857
Attachment 856858
Attachment 856859
Attachment 856860
Attachment 856861
Attachment 856862
Attachment 856863
Attachment 856864
Attachment 856865
Attachment 856867

Daemon

12-14-2013

Alright, so I decided to edit the texture of the model a bit, trying to fulfill some of the suggestions I've seen in various places. However, the texture is low-res, so making it look perfect is very hard. Another note: when designing models for 3D isometric view, it's best to have lighter colors on top, then darker colors on the bottom. This is why I didn't use the light blue on the bottom of her leggings.

List of changes:

-Fixed the face. Removed the pencil brows (this isn't the 90s!), added eye makeup, "glowy" eyes, blush, and fixed the lips a bit. Also added the heretic scar, removed the crescent.

-Changed hair color to blonde, edited the ties to match the rest of the outfit.

-Brightened up the entire model. It was so dull, so I made it more vivid.

-People are saying there's not enough armor. I added a chestpiece under the shirt and made the cloth shirt more drapey.

-Changed up the leggings a bit to make them look like light armor.

-Added a bit to the shoes.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'll try to add/subtract stuff.

Attachment 856888Attachment 856889Attachment 856890

(Once the skin is released to the public, I'll upload this to LeagueCraft.net as a custom model)

Finch Toast

12-14-2013

@ Our Parrot Master.
Thank you for the compliment. I tried not to put my own opinion too much in the Original Post. ( Though I did slip in a little bit) Hopefully we can keep this topic on-topic and constructive!

I did like a lot of the ideas you suggested in your original post. I had already gone to bed before you posted so haven't had a chance to respond until now since I was reading from my phone earlier. For the people who feel like shes missing armor I believe if you can pull off what you suggested that sounds like a nice "nod off?"( Think that's the phrase, can't remember) to them. If not, in one of my earlier posts I did offer up a reasoning behind her being armorless. So hopefully that can make people more okay with her cloth garbs. Though I do have some disappointment with the skin model itself I am still very excited to see what the vfx artists did with her particle effects. ( I could imagine like a firework crescent maybe even the balls of her shield like glowy etheral paper lanterns) It will be interesting to see what they do.
As far as inspiration for changes I was fond of the picture posted by Blade of Justic a page or so back and what he talked about. I also would suggest taking inspiration from that Deity Ahri concept art if you have ever seen it. The joining of the cloth and armor aspects is very well done and maybe can be used as inspiration in this case and if not maybe for a future design. I dont believe she needs to be armored but if a little is added even gods go to war.. with firework flaming crescents. I would really love to see some vibrant colors on this skin. Both Diana's base and skin aren't very vibrant so if would be a nice addition. However it may more it may not. I could see a lot of reds golds silvers and maybe jade somewhere. I am fond of the back part of her model and that cloth that hangs down in the back. The arms however are very gypsy-esque. I'm probably restating things I said earlier but oh well.

Edit: Maybe a update or polish is needed on the weapon as well. Remember to pull Diana back into this skin

Tropical Twist

12-14-2013

Haha, I knew this was a Chang'e skin. I realized that when I first saw it. The hair gave it away.

Snakerot

12-14-2013

Whenever I see yet another skin for a lady that has some ridiculous piece of architecture protruding from their head it automatically ruins the whole thing for me. They don't all need whimsical hats.

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I personally like the head dress since I feel that she's already had one taken away once and could use a replacement. I think obscuring the brand is ok if there's some similar form or symbol there to take it's place. Not sure if the current head dress is doing that. I'll have to evaluate.
So your response the DV hat debacle is to "compensate" with new, purchasable content? 9_9

HKG Koala

12-14-2013

this may be a slightly unpopular opinion, but I personally enjoy the skin as it is now.

The skin in it's current iteration is already a compromise of Chang'e, who is very elegant/dainty in her style of dress, while remaining well clothed, and Diana's armor+practicality (the bracers preventing the sleeves from billowing, the lack of a full-length dress)

I think that it is a well done combination of fairly contradictory images, and I like the idea of having a more innocent Diana skin as if from a simpler time.

I do agree that the gold colors could be a bit warmer though.