Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.90%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.78%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.32%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Bad logic. Those champions at least have multiple skins. The champions he listed have nothing aside from their release skins. They have no options. Ashe, Akali and Irelia do.
K so move Yasou, Jinx, and Lucian to the top of the deserving of new skins list as well then. By your bad logic older champions will never be deserving of a new skin.

VelliusQuincy

12-14-2013

Is this inspired from the Japanese Kaguya, the princess from bamboo tree? It looks pretty oriental.

Crimson Mutt

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
K so move Yasou, Jinx, and Lucian to the top of the deserving of new skins list as well then. By your bad logic older champions will never be deserving of a new skin.
Bad logic again, they just got released.

Diana was stuck with a bad release skin, which was worsened some more post-release, for over one year.

Ashe has what, 5 skins? Irelia has around 5 as well. You have options.
There's a reason I use the default Diana skin.

Crimson Mutt

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelliusQuincy View Post
Is this inspired from the Japanese Kaguya, the princess from bamboo tree? It looks pretty oriental.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang'e

Wobiwobi

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Thanks for the discussion, guys. Hitting the sack now. I appreciate the feedback, ideas, and especially reference. Throw up more ideas if you've got them. Visual reference helps a ton. I'll keep tabs on the thread over the weekend and bring it to the team's attention on Monday.

Thanks again.
aaaaaaand I missed Parrot on forums... FML!...

just in case you are still here:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4115732
or just suggestion to want could be changed
- hair color changed into white, dark blue (like in DV skin) or black because brown look veery weird
- remove headdress and give her some kind of strand of hair/forelock/hair bangs that could cover a bit her forehead http://imgur.com/a/XlVjI
- give her bell bottom sleeves by removing those bracers/arm-guards so her dress won't look so puffy in elbow area or hide bracers under the bell bottom sleeves if you want a bit of armor parts... srsly am I'm the only one who thinks that puffy part of her dress looks silly? it's nor Arabic/Djinn skin so no need for puffy areas
- remove that weird hairstyle (specially that "thing" from top of her head)... please
- give her new dance because the original one sucks hard
- shoulder pads may look better with gold-dark blue combination like her shoes instead of gold-purple theme
- maybe change main color of her sword from gold into light blue to match her dress? or dark blue to fit her shoes and changed shoulder-pads
- maybe give her boots with heels? I think that Diana is the only female that don't have boots with heels
- something else? (maybe someone in this thread will be able to suggest something new)
Name:  dd2.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  248.4 KB

as someone already said before there is no sense of giving her more armored parts since she already have 2 armored skins... (power ranger suit base skin and plate-mail bikini Dark Valk skin with purple skin - lmao)

Hallows Evelynn

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nampoosh View Post
People just need to realize that this skin is not done.

Riot releases these unfinished skins on the pbe to get feedback.

So instead of just saying "OH ITS UGLY Y U DO THIS RITO," give it some time, submit some feedback and just maybe Riot will change it to include popular suggestions.

it may not be done, but doesnt change the fact that the outfit and the style of the outfit is ugly.

Ralik098

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Mutt View Post

Diana was stuck with a bad release skin, which was worsened some more post-release, for over one year.

Say you give skins to those champions that guy listed, Rengar/Zed/Kha'zix whatever. They are just replaced by the next champions to be released and so on and so on. By your logic older champions will NEVER receive a new skin. By your logic this Lunar Revel skin will be the last Diana ever gets.

Senstrae

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Mutt View Post

I feel like calling out logic in a debate over opinions and feelings is a tad silly.

My personal opinion. If a champion has not seen new content in excess of two years, that's a pretty major concern for people who really identify with the champion. Granted as an Irelia main I'm a bit biased, however I'm patient since I figure she's going to get a VU + Rework at some point. But to help illustrate a case where it's not an ideal comparison (skins vs no skins), I'll give an example. I use Frostblade in 90-95% of my Irelia games, because while the themes for Nightblade, Aviator, and Masquerade are cool, she's got tentacle hair going on, which means in spite of owning every skin I just stick with Frostblade, because it's her only content with any amount of recent polish or higher standards. The others just look weird and outdated by comparison.

Now another one of my personal opinions is that champions that were released a year ago or more should be slated for a skin before too much time passes (see Karma, Trundle, Rumble), if nothing else out of respect for every champion having a place within the game. So I'm not disagreeing with your position. Just, I want to clarify that more choices doesn't always mean better options, you even mention that you have an alternative skin that you just plain don't like.

The best solution for everyone would be for Riot to increase production to cover old champs, new ones, and also keep up with VUs. But... limited resources stink.

EDIT: Fixed the quote, was super sleepy last night, sorry.

Crimson Mutt

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
You don't get it do you? Say you give skins to those champions that guy listed, Rengar/Zed/Kha'zix whatever. They are just replaced by the next champions to be released and so on and so on. By your logic older champions will NEVER receive a new skin.
They don't need new. They need update to the old.

Ashe's skins look very good as-is. She doesn't need more skins and her current ones are up to snuff.

Irelia needs:
a) a kit rework
b) a VU to compliment that rework

She has enough skins, but they are fairly low-quality and could use an upgrade.

Skins don't come from nothing.
If the design team comes up with a cool concept for an older champion, they'll make it, but they can't just wish a new skin. The idea has to come from somewhere.

Hell, they did that already, plenty of times:
iBlitzcrank, Ghost Bride Morgana, Popstar Ahri, Arcade Hecarim, etc. etc. etc.
Those were older champs with several skins, yet they got another. Why? Because someone got a cool idea and it went through the quality control.

If Irelia or Ashe get a cool concept, i'm all for it, but they need to have priorities.
The larger the skin pool, the smaller the idea pool for new skins.
Ashe already has the Ice Queen, Nordic, Robin Hood, Jewel, Even Icyer Archer themes explored. There's not much left you can work with there, for a frost archer archetype.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

After seeing the Youtube video, I love the skin. I don't have any complaints, though it'd be cool if there were some particle changes, but I can't say I really care about that. As it stands, the skin's an insta-buy for me. Something drastic would have to happen to get me to not buy it.