Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 491 24.51%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.5%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 881 43.98%
Voters 2003 .

So this Diana Skin..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finch Toast

12-13-2013

There seems to be a lot of complaints going around about this Diana skin. Now, this thread isn't 'necessarily' to complain about it. (Though, I, Myself and not fond of it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbGydTeGrAE

But regardless I was curious to know what peoples opinions were on it as well as ideas on alterations that could be made to the skin model to improve it or other ideas entirely that people had imagined of a lunar revel skin for Diana.(Or someone else even if you have a really good one in mind).

Please say below some of your ideas and explain them below. Get your creativity flowing!

DoctahBad

12-13-2013

I really am disappointed with this skin. I know that it is unfinished, and it still needs particles.

I am really not feeling the hair color change, I personally would have liked the white hair to stay, although I know that the concept makes it to where the brown hair makes sense, but it doesnt LOOK that great.

I also HATE her shoes, I do not think that looks elegant, what so ever. It looks peasant.

I feel like, there needs to be more armor elements within this as well. I dont like that its so much clothe.

Overall, I just dont really enjoy the concept, or the way it was handled at least.

Nampoosh

12-13-2013

People just need to realize that this skin is not done.

Riot releases these unfinished skins on the pbe to get feedback.

So instead of just saying "OH ITS UGLY Y U DO THIS RITO," give it some time, submit some feedback and just maybe Riot will change it to include popular suggestions.

NotBuzzJack

12-13-2013

Why does it get a headdress. Dark Valkyrie wasn't allowed to have a headdress because it covered her moon symbol. This skin has a headdress that covers her moon symbol.

This irks me severely.

Dreaminn

12-13-2013

First of all I am not a huge fan of diana but for other characters that havent got them (Heres looking at you Rango and Kha) I dont care for this skin at all doesnt look like diana. I dont like the colors i dont really care for the style. Thigh high sandals really Riot really parrot? I would be highly upset if the next Rango skin made him look like slick panther with only his blades intact i would be really upset this imo.

SlumlordThanatos

12-13-2013

Quote:
Nampoosh:
Riot releases these unfinished skins on the pbe to get feedback.

Except that they rarely listen to feedback, except in the most extreme circumstances. They'll add particles and release it as-is.

And in the case of skins, no amount of yelling will get them to make major alterations. Look at Steel Legion Lux. Two gigantic threads, and they didn't change a damn thing about it.

Finch Toast

12-13-2013

My thoughts. I separated this into a different post because I didn't want my own personal biews to represent the entire point of the thread.
I dont believe the color scheme really fits with the lunar revel theme. Now maybe it does with her being a "goddess" and in certain cultures there are colors which represent certain aspects in beliefs. However I am not aware of this and if someone does know please let me know. It would be a nice cultural experience to pick up on. It does have a very Dynasty Warriors/ Romance of the Three Kingdoms feel to it. And the top half I do like. But when I look at it through just the images of model viewer it reminds me more of a gypsy theme (Not including the head in that statement) However part of me feels this doesn't look like Diana. The model is also very tan compared to base Diana.

RandomICE

12-13-2013

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
Why does it get a headdress. Dark Valkyrie wasn't allowed to have a headdress because it covered her moon symbol. This skin has a headdress that covers her moon symbol.

This irks me severely.

It's a lunar skin that is less lunar-ish than her lunarless skins.

Cpt Goofy Beard

12-13-2013

Dark Valkyrie>This One

Dreaminn

12-13-2013

Quote:
DoctahBad:
I really am disappointed with this skin. I know that it is unfinished, and it still needs particles.

I am really not feeling the hair color change, I personally would have liked the white hair to stay, although I know that the concept makes it to where the brown hair makes sense, but it doesnt LOOK that great.

I also HATE her shoes, I do not think that looks elegant, what so ever. It looks peasant.

I feel like, there needs to be more armor elements within this as well. I dont like that its so much clothe.

Overall, I just dont really enjoy the concept, or the way it was handled at least.

Yea i agree but at the same time particle effects or slight reworking of this skin isnt going to save in my eyes. Look at Ahri's new skin than look at Diana's I KNOW they can do better I've seen it