Tank Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meelor

12-24-2010

I am finding this very tanky build very viable, I've used it to some pretty good success in both normal and a little bit of ranked. I find this char has very strong utility as a damage and CC soak for your team, sticking to a target and pumping out sustained damage and slow.

Starting Items-
I lane as him, solo top even sometimes, starting with a regrowth pendant and mana potion. Early game is based around your strong early game farm with Rabid Bite making it very easy to lasthit, and your ability to absorb a ton of harass and stay in the lane. You will be regenerating 28 health per 5 in the lane at lvl 1, making you almost mundo-like in your ability to absorb damage and keep fighting. You are a god**** troll, pain does not hurt you

Runes/Masteries-
Armor pen reds, mana regen/lvl yellows, magic resist blues, and health quints.
Masteries 14 in offence, with crit chance, attack speed, armor pen, 1 in damage to minions, 2 in base damage
16 in defense, with armor, magic resist, strength of spirit, harden skin, and veterans scars all maxed

Full Item Build- By your first trip back you should be able to afford heart of gold and boots, maybe a health or mana potion or a sight ward. Next finish merc treads, which coupled with your contaminate will give you 75 percent CC reduction eventually. This is insane- 4 stuns on your totaling 8 seconds is only going to effect you for two. They can try but they can't really stop you from either closing or escaping. Awesome
After this you must finish your force of nature as soon as possible, this is my core item for trundle. It gives you a boatload of magic resist, you can fight forever and play super aggressive with all that regen, and it gives you the speed that you need to get up in someone's face or escape them. You need to be the fastest thing on the map as trundle, its absolutely essential.
Next is warden's mail to randuins. By the time you get this you are going to be made of steel, and it is going to take some serious focus to bring you down. Randuins gives you strong regen as well, you are gonna be hard as iron with 100 regen/5 or so, and force of nature passive. You can tank their whole team, hang out around the fight for a second, and then save your stragglers with pillar or hunt down theirs. That aoe slow is amazing as well.
Lastly is triforce, I build it phage>zeal>sheen. When this is complete your already pretty solid sustained damage output (trundle has 2 attack steroid skills! You don't need items to do damage!) is going to increase pretty massively, and every indivdual stat or benefit this gives is useful to trundle. Especially cause after you get this you are gonna have 462 base movespeed. Nothing can escape you, and you can escape full 5 man ganks often.
After this I like to get atma's, maybe frozen mallet, but really most games dont go longer than this.

Teamfights- You are both fast and tough to catch, so you are ideal for being the outrider who stays a little bit ahead or to the side of the team keeping watch for the enemy. Get in the jungle and try to bring the fight there if you can, as your pillar of filth is just crazy useful in those small chokes. As soon as someone overextends you get in their face, with agony off their resists, and immediately rushing to them and sticking til they are dead. Just attacking headlong like this is bound to get your targeted. As soon as that happens, use your randuins slow and keep sticking to their most vulnerable target and wailing on it until you have to get out.Your team should use agony as kind of a target designator: whoever you drop it on is gonna die instantly if they get focused.
Depending on how your team does you make either a great chaser or a great protector for an escape- your high movement speed, regen, and strong utility from contaminate and pillar make you awesome at either catching them and stopping their escape, or helping your team escape.

Thanks all for reading! Cheers and happy trolling

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

i like! movespeed is win

just for fun, try my build: ruby crystal, boots, sword, complete merc treads, complete occult, complete leviathan, tome, fort elixir, complete soulstealer, then take whatever you want.

Meelor

12-24-2010

Thanks! Soulstealer? I prefer not getting AP on trundle, and i'm not really a fan of stacking items. The ap only helps your ult's damage, so each point of AP is I think only one point of additional damage you will deal in the whole of a fight since you can only cast your ult once. I don't think ap buffs the resistance reduction, otherwise AP might be a worthwhile stat on trundle.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

it's a better heal