These east coast connection problems have been causing me a massive amount of anxiety

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorFunguy

12-13-2013

Original East Coast Server thread with 700+ upvotes.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2277789

Riot what is it going to take to make you actually treat this seriously? I know for a fact it's not on my end. I've played many different games including WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, TF2, and Dota 2 and I have had practically no connection problems with any of these games. League of Legends is the only game I have ever played where I had such an consistent and immense problem with connection to the point where every game feels like a coin toss on whether or not my ping is going to cause me to lose.

I have played this game from several different households using Verizon, Comcast, and Time Warner and my experience has been equally as awful between them all.

I keep joining matches where my ping will be up to 100 more than it should be and stay that way for the entire match. I ended up getting a VPN and whenever this problem happens I end up switching servers and reconnecting and the ping magically goes back to being normal. I shouldn't need to get a VPN to have acceptable ping in this game.

And then you have the random massive 500+ ping lagspikes that can happen at any time and completely screw you over. This problem seems to be impossible to fix no matter what VPN or ISP I use.

It's especially frustrating that you guys closed the thread for this problem and then went and claimed everything is all good now when it is definitely not. If you can't actually fix this horrible routing then please give us east coast servers.

DoctorFunguy

12-13-2013

bump

Unversable13

The Council

12-13-2013

Yup. Sometimes I get 77 ping, sometimes I get 104 ping and sometimes I get 5000 ping. Kinda sucks.

DoctorFunguy

12-13-2013

bump

Chager

Producer

12-13-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorFunguy View Post
Riot what is it going to take to make you actually treat this seriously? I know for a fact it's not on my end. I've played many different games including WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, TF2, and Dota 2 and I have had practically no connection problems with any of these games. League of Legends is the only game I have ever played where I had such an consistent and immense problem with connection to the point where every game feels like a coin toss on whether or not my ping is going to cause me to lose.

I have played this game from several different households using Verizon, Comcast, and Time Warner and my experience has been equally as awful between them all.

I keep joining matches where my ping will be up to 100 more than it should be and stay that way for the entire match. I ended up getting a VPN and whenever this problem happens I end up switching servers and reconnecting and the ping magically goes back to being normal. I shouldn't need to get a VPN to have acceptable ping in this game.

And then you have the random massive 500+ ping lagspikes that can happen at any time and completely screw you over. This problem seems to be impossible to fix no matter what VPN or ISP I use.

It's especially frustrating that you guys closed the thread for this problem and then went and claimed everything is all good now when it is definitely not. If you can't actually fix this horrible routing then please give us east coast servers.
The next time you experience this, can you open your netlog for the game you just played (default location will be in your League of Legends / Logs / Network Logs. From there open it up and look at the IP of the server you're connecting to (will say something lik 'a new client connected from X ip address).

Run a tracert on that in the cmd line (windows, run, cmd will get you to the right screen) and put in a PS ticket with lag and that tracert. From there we can tell what data center you're connecting to and what hops your packets take to get there. My unconfirmed hunch is that the internet may be sending you weird ways to get to the server, and the spikes are possible internet DNS issues, but I am far from a network engineer.

Thanks,
-Chager

Spitsonkittens

12-13-2013

Can we get any word on an east coast server?

MisterTitanic

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Can we get any word on an east coast server?
EAST COAST SERVER WHERE?

Seriously Riot, if you care so much about being an Esport, make things fair to the East Coast

DoctorFunguy

12-13-2013

bump

NinjaLyon

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
The next time you experience this, can you open your netlog for the game you just played (default location will be in your League of Legends / Logs / Network Logs. From there open it up and look at the IP of the server you're connecting to (will say something lik 'a new client connected from X ip address).

Run a tracert on that in the cmd line (windows, run, cmd will get you to the right screen) and put in a PS ticket with lag and that tracert. From there we can tell what data center you're connecting to and what hops your packets take to get there. My unconfirmed hunch is that the internet may be sending you weird ways to get to the server, and the spikes are possible internet DNS issues, but I am far from a network engineer.

Thanks,
-Chager
Saw na east server, saw riot post, got hopeful, saw this. Much disappoint

Chun Li

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLyon View Post
Saw na east server, saw riot post, got hopeful, saw this. Much disappoint
Literally this.. So disappointed.

At least it isn't entirely OUR fault this time!

1234511 ... 28