Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I miss my kind...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

12-13-2013

My stinger is ready.

JavaPlus

12-13-2013

Quote:
RCIX:
My stinger is ready.

Is this about his rework coming in the patch Dominion style?
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1sslox/skarner_changes_were_included_in_patch_315/

if so, the backlash seems strong since so many people say it's a nerf... maybe when I get back a computer soon, I'll take a look on my favorite little Scorpi.

Redeemed In Fire

12-13-2013

"Skarner rework is trash" - everyone who hasn't seriously tried it.

The big differences are the subtle ones. I don't remember if they buffed base stats in any way and wiki doesn't say they did, but offhand:
* Shield is bigger. More tanky = yay!
* He has a 1000 range slow. This lets him actually gapclose beyond being fed enough to march up with shield intact. Also lets him gank pre6 on SR.
* He has permanent access to attack speed throughout the fight (instead of a limited-time duration dependent on him not soaking enough damage to pop his shield, which happened in every major skirmish). This feeds into his passive so more AS = more CDR = more spellcasts = more effectiveness.

Yes, this is all better than a heal no serious AD or tanky skarner leveled and a "perma slow" (which had more issues with it than i care to list)

Edit: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=43726080#post43726080 Dammit riot, let this **** go for once, the changes are good

Kaiseresc

12-13-2013

can only comment for real after the changes. For now, I can only say that he needs love and I doubt Riot will know what to do with him.

Nyx87

12-13-2013

Quote:
Kaiseresc:
can only comment for real after the changes. For now, I can only say that he needs love and I doubt Riot will know what to do with him.

Supposedly the changes snuck into this build without being mentioned in the patch notes.

Kaiseresc

12-13-2013

Quote:
Nyx87:
Supposedly the changes snuck into this build without being mentioned in the patch notes.

yes I read that, but he's been disabled. They'll hotfix him, he's back to his old sucky self.

I tried him in Dom the other day and its staggering. Between chunking your mana on your E or seeing your shield from W drain faster than saintvicious' receding airline...it's just not fun to play with him. at all. And Garen's in the same boat.

also, what's up with Riot's design team? so many heads knocking each other and they simply decided "For Skarner rework...hm...let's make him like Volibear!"

JavaPlus

12-13-2013

Quote:
Kaiseresc:
also, what's up with Riot's design team? so many heads knocking each other and they simply decided "For Skarner rework...hm...let's make him like Volibear!"

Basically, a redditor nailed it but... Riot design phiosophy these days are simply steam lining old champions to their specific roles rather than being creative with the roles given.

Kaiseresc

12-13-2013

Quote:
JavaPlus:
Basically, a redditor nailed it but... Riot design phiosophy these days are simply steam lining old champions to their specific roles rather than being creative with the roles given.

well said.
Riot is becoming stale and constantly making things less interesting. The game right now has no room for evolution in gameplay. You're stuck in the lanes and rolls and there's no chance to change since Riot is also making sure things stay the same. **** that becomes stale eventually die sooner.

Lessis

12-13-2013

uh skarner was made first ...and the stuff in the new skarner's kit was in there b4 now its just on spells where it makes sense if anything he is less like voli because he has no healing now

Redeemed In Fire

12-13-2013

Quote:
Kaiseresc:
well said.
Riot is becoming stale and constantly making things less interesting. The game right now has no room for evolution in gameplay. You're stuck in the lanes and rolls and there's no chance to change since Riot is also making sure things stay the same. **** that becomes stale eventually die sooner.

I find it amusing this was posted on the day of Yasuo's release.