Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What does QQ stand for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dwarfortres

12-23-2010

I see it used all the time, but I still don't quite understand what both Q's stand for.
I know what it means (kinda) but what exactly is it saying?

Raoool

12-23-2010

People will tell you it looks like two crying eyes.

However, these people never played WC3.

ballastatuss

Recruiter

12-23-2010

its when you realize your gf in runescape is really a man.

QQ

chaito

12-23-2010

Alt+QQ on Warcraft 3 is the easy way to quit out of a match. Thus QQ actually means go ahead and rage quit or leave...

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I GOT NINJAED!

YoungUnicorn

12-23-2010

Alt QQ used to close the game in Warcraft. It was the "u mad" or "nub" of the time, taunting people to give up.

dwarfortres

12-23-2010

i thought T.T was the crying face.

btw just found out that "QQ" in chinese is the name of a very popular online chat website.

Nyfari

12-23-2010

qq stands for quick quit, which dates back to old pc games of all sorts. You could /qq in console or sometimes chat to just instantly log out. Saved you the trouble when you were super pissed off (although I always bound qq to F13 so I could leave games easier when they were over)

beezo

12-23-2010

Back in WC3, in order to quit the match and then the game, you hit Alt+ Q, then Q. So, originally, it was analogous to "just quit the game."

However, because the letters QQ symbolize an emoticon of two eyes crying, it also can mean "you're crying."

Either way, it's an insult to someone who is mad by someone who is telling them that they would be better served just quitting the game altogether.

My question is, what does "re" mean.

I know when I call "mia" but they return, I call "re" to let them know they are back. But, does "re" mean "rescind that last comment"? Or, "recalled and now they are back"? Or "returned"?

I don't know...

I destroy noobs

12-23-2010

'QQ' originates from WC2, when you could use the command ALT+Q+Q to leave both Battlenet and the game at once. However, many players of the younger generation misconcepted it as a pair of crying eyes and now use it as so.

Nyfari

12-23-2010

Quote:
beezo:

My question is, what does "re" mean.

I know when I call "mia" but they return, I call "re" to let them know they are back. But, does "re" mean "rescind that last comment"? Or, "recalled and now they are back"? Or "returned"?

Means they have returned to the lane