Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banshee's Veil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DERRICKWANG

12-12-2013

I like the idea of turning Banshee's Veil's passive into an active skill. The active would turn on the shield for 3-4 seconds until it is triggered by a skill. The skill would then be blocked similar to the spell shield in place now, and the skill would then go on cooldown for 45 seconds.

The5lacker

12-12-2013

And then yet another counter to Teemo and his shrooms is removed, and Banshee's Veil gets an INSANE nerf, nearly doubling its cooldown and suddenly requiring a person to be aware that they're being attacked.

DERRICKWANG

12-12-2013

The cooldown used to be 45 seconds, but it is now 25 seconds after not taking damage from enemy champions. The higher cooldown is suggested due to the idea that the summoner could choose which spell to block.

BaronVonSlicey

12-12-2013

Well, if we take a look at any other item with a defensive active (Mercurial, Zhonya's, BoRK, Seraph's), they all have a 90 second cooldown (or 120 for Seraph's). And I don't see why Banshee's should get special treatment in this - so if it was an active, it would need a 90 second cooldown. And you can't say its unfair, because all Mercurial's cleanse does is negate a portion of a spells effects AFTER it happens - while Banshee's negates it before hand, including all damage and CC.
Secondly, it also completely ruins a large portion of the point of it. It stops you from getting killed by assassins before a fight even begins, and it stops them from initiating onto you. If it was an active - it wouldn't be usable while cc'd. Which would make it very, very likely to be useless on a squishy champion, because by the time the Malphite ult from a bush ends, you are either cc'd some more or are too low to make blocking a single spell matter. Or both.

DERRICKWANG

12-12-2013

I suppose the choice between buying a Banshee's Veil with an active versus a QSS is largely dependent on the opposing champions. I would certainly buy a QSS versus a Zed. However, I would like to have the option of using an active to block spell damage and crowd control against champions such as Malphite and Gragas. This way, my veil would not be triggered by a Lee Sin Q and my veil would come in handy when a Gragas threw his explosive barrel at me.

MadmanWithBox

12-14-2013

Quote:
DERRICKWANG:
However, I would like to have the option of using an active to block spell damage and crowd control against champions such as Malphite and Gragas. This way, my veil would not be triggered by a Lee Sin Q and my veil would come in handy when a Gragas threw his explosive barrel at me.

This would be less of a buff to BV and more of a nerf to every champion with a strong initiation. It would also 'somewhat' invalidate champion picks like Morgana, Nocturne, and Sivir, who each have spell shield as core(ish) part of their kit.

Nah, BV isn't broken. No need to fix it.

The5lacker

12-14-2013

Quote:
DERRICKWANG:
I suppose the choice between buying a Banshee's Veil with an active versus a QSS is largely dependent on the opposing champions. I would certainly buy a QSS versus a Zed. However, I would like to have the option of using an active to block spell damage and crowd control against champions such as Malphite and Gragas. This way, my veil would not be triggered by a Lee Sin Q and my veil would come in handy when a Gragas threw his explosive barrel at me.

That's called "Counterplay."