Why does nobody complain about Leona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The LeBlanc Show

12-12-2013

Riven, Renekton, Nasus, The old op assassins, Vayne, Lucian...

So many powerful bruisers/adcs/junglers being called out constantly.

Even supports like Thresh/Blitzcrank can be extremely nerve wracking but in the end you can use minions to block.

While support/adc is a really hot subject to compare due to the infinite variations of player skill and game play, I can say a duo with Leona vs 2 Solo Qs is a dumpster ready to fill up.

Leona + any ADC with high dmg or CC = Dead enemy adc.

1) Her Q is targeted.
2) Her E goes through minions and has a massive hit box for mistakes.
3) Her Ult has so much range and splash it should be renamed to the Ion Cannon.
4) Her W makes her engage extremely intimidating / unable to poke her away.
5) Upon casting any ability that hits an enemy, an ally can spellblade off her hits for additional damage.

In short:

Passive:

Leona's spells debuff enemies with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. When allies deal any damage to those targets they consume the Sunlight for 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 AP dmg.

Q:
Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
Magic damage and stuns the target for 1.25

Magic damage: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 30% AP)

W: 275 range, Cooldown: 14
Bonus armor and magic resistance for 3 seconds. When the shield bursts, it AOEs. If Eclipse damages an enemy, the bonuses remain for an additional 3 seconds. (6 sec total)

Armor: 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 (+ 20% bonus armor)
Magic Resist: 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 (+20% bonus MR)
Magic damage: 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 40% AP)

E:
Range 700, Cooldown: 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9
Deals magic damage to enemies in a line. Leona will dash to the last enemy champion struck, briefly immobilizing them as she travels. (0.5 sec root to secure Q)

Magic damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+ 40% AP)

R: Range 1200, Cooldown: 90 / 75 / 60
Beam of solar energy to a target location. After a 0.625 delay,

< 100 range: Enemies are stunned for 1.5 seconds
100-250 range: Enemies are slowed by 80%

Magic damage: 150 / 250 / 350 (+ 80% AP)

-----------------

At level 6, thats 50 * 4 triggered AP damage. (not including that Q/E come back up fairly fast)

Q: 40 (+0), W: 150 (+0), E: 60 (+0), R: 150 (+0)

So at level 6, Leona can potentially do 600 damage with an adc hitting as well, and the poor sap who got caught by a Zenith Blade at 700 range (Longer than any auto attack range) is *stunned* for the entire duration, only praying that his support can mitigate the damage somehow.

Put that death engage on about a 40sec CD, and you have one of the best late game engagers as well.

I'm not saying she doesn't have counter play, but I'm just surprised she isn't banned as often with how much she can crush bottom lane and dive like a total monster.

Edit: I'm not calling for nerfs or crying, its just a question on why people feel shes not worth a ban. Don't understand downvotes.

Irasiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2013

She requires your adc to be on spot with timing.

She is one of the supports who relies the most on her adc. She puts herself in an extremely dangerous position when she engages, so if her adc doesn't react well, you just get blown up.

High risk high reward. Things go well? You get a kill. Things don't go well? You are in the middle of their team, with no escape, and melee.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2013

Because she is a traditional support, not possible to be OP, duh.

de Dust

12-12-2013

because if your team doesn't have the balls to commit when you do, then you are toast

The LeBlanc Show

12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irasiel View Post
She requires your adc to be on spot with timing.

She is one of the supports who relies the most on her adc. She puts herself in an extremely dangerous position when she engages, so if her adc doesn't react well, you just get blown up.
Yes, if she doesn't get ahead and stay tanky her style quickly fades from her deaths. But if you manage to snowball a few kills bot lane, she can basically set up a tent behind enemy turret.

I'm mostly speaking about duos/team play where people are communicating well. The classic adc/support problem of Solo Q is why any adc/support fails.

jusho1

12-12-2013

leona is a root stun support that stands in the middle of the chaos. she has no outs she is at risk of death anytime she engages

CallMeBlitzkrieg

12-12-2013

If/when they nerf annie/fiddle/taric I'm sure she is next on the chopping block.

It's almost impossible to lose lane as her to anything but the power 3 I just mentioned unless you have a vayne.

Nularia

12-12-2013

Because she can't kill things on her own.

Her passive is worthless without someone else around, and her base damages aren't high enough, and she doesn't build AP, she builds tank.

Irasiel

12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg2k12 View Post
If/when they nerf annie/fiddle/taric I'm sure she is next on the chopping block.

It's almost impossible to lose lane as her to anything but the power 3 I just mentioned unless you have a vayne.
Beating a Taric is easy. Its the traditionnal ''Who stuns first loses'' So you wait for an engage to counter engage and win.

Madtheos

12-12-2013

She's a strong pick but, like others have said, your adc/team has to be ready to go I'd you land a zenith blade. I usually only pick her if I'm duo'd with my adc.