Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

That new defense tree...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

12-12-2013

Is anybody doing 5/21/4?

Tortferngatr

12-12-2013

Quote:
Orphane:
Extreme goodies at the top of the utility tree

!?!?!??!??!?!??!!?????!???!

Free boots of mobility and CDR I guess?

Darkness4910

Recruiter

12-13-2013

Quote:
Kholdstare13:
Is anybody doing 5/21/4?

I am doing 5/22/3. I'll probably move away from the aura armor + MR buff, since it's range has been reduced.

Nexus Crawler

12-13-2013

Quote:
Darkness4910:
I am doing 5/22/3. I'll probably move away from the aura armor + MR buff, since it's range has been removed.

All the range nerf means is that if you're Melee or frontline you'll still get it but if you're a Mage or ADC there's not much point in it. Still too good to pass up IMO.

Kaiseresc

12-13-2013

I missed General Quackers' bullcrap-o-rama.

GeneralStan

12-13-2013

0/30/0 all the way

General Quackers

12-14-2013

Quote:
Kaiseresc:
I missed General Quackers' bullcrap-o-rama.

I know a lot of people don't like the way I present ideas, but the defense tree offers very little incentive over utility if you're not going to go deep into Defense. 2 less champ damage and a bit more health doesn't outshine a bit more MS and stronger potions.

Kaiseresc

12-14-2013

I understand disliking the defense tree because it kind of asks you to go full into it or take too little from it.

but right now, if you go full for it (either 21 or even 30 points) you can receive a lot of benefits. Even for guys like Volibear, Maokai, Sejuani or Blitzcrank. Taric and Leona are the big cats that take advantadge of it the most, but others can become quite tanky and still produce their damage by delving into that tree with a ton of points.

Yes, they hit utility tree hard too hard to be interesting enough to invest in it. But still, your problem is saying that the defense tree is garbage. That **** is ludicrous.

General Quackers

12-14-2013

Quote:
Kaiseresc:
I understand disliking the defense tree because it kind of asks you to go full into it or take too little from it.

but right now, if you go full for it (either 21 or even 30 points) you can receive a lot of benefits. Even for guys like Volibear, Maokai, Sejuani or Blitzcrank. Taric and Leona are the big cats that take advantadge of it the most, but others can become quite tanky and still produce their damage by delving into that tree with a ton of points.

Yes, they hit utility tree hard too hard to be interesting enough to invest in it. But still, your problem is saying that the defense tree is garbage. That **** is ludicrous.

I never said it was garbage. I said the subspecs it offers are garbage. The Defense tree is arguable the best spec for 90% of the cast. However, if you using and Offensive or Utility spec, there's too little that can be had from only putting 9 points in Defense relative to what you can get our of 9 points in either Offense or Utility. As you put it, it's an all in tree.

Koravel

12-14-2013

The question is WHY would you ever be using a deep utility build on Dominion with the sole possible exception of a POOTERSS strat?