Jinx bug, lag, freeze, crash, Riot official response?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yakuraa

12-11-2013

Since 3.14 I've been having SO many issues. Lagging, disconnecting, the visual bug from Jinx. Most of times when I die the screen freezes for a couple of seconds. After game the screen goes dark. I've seen the other topics about it so I know it's not just me.

It's becoming to the point of the game becoming *unplayable*, not even joking. Playing on a Mac gives you an unfair advantage at the moment. I would love to hear what Riot has planned to fix this, or even DISABLE the client until it is fixed, because I don't get the feeling they take the Mac users very serious.

I am new to playing on a Mac (several months now) and have no idea how to give you info. I saw the topic what to do to report a bug, but I couldn't find the folder in /applications they were talking about. I am not on PBE, I am on the live version of the client. I also don't know what else I can do to speed this up, just saying it is really frustrating.

I don't want to take this to Reddit or other places and have it blow up, but I am really hoping for fixes soon. It was all working just fine for me before the patch.

Yakuraa

12-12-2013

I hate how Riot overlooks the Mac client so much. At least be upfront and honest about it and tell us what is going on. I HATE not knowing if they are going to fix it or not.

Mike4Real

12-12-2013

I do wish they would let us know what they are trying to fix at the moment and what can be tested on PBE. I was able to communicate a little bit with Brentmaster about the freezing on death issue, but I wasn't given the info soon enough. By the time we find out that potential fixes are out on PBE, its too close to the patch.

I honestly think they need to tell us which issues are known and which are not more clearly. The currently pinned known bugs thread is a joke. Boomje made it and its never updated, it should be removed. There should be an official one where we know exactly what they know about and what they don't. I still have no idea if they know about the "League quit unexpectedly" even when it didn't problem (although I have mentioned it in my posts that they have quoted so they must have at least read about it). Would be nice to have some confirmation on whats being worked on. I'm tempted to make my own known issues thread and bump it consistently when fixes happen.

Also I think more members of this forum need PBE access to test things.

EDIT: I think you might be able to fix the Jinx bug by repairing the client (clicking on the small gears before you click play)

EDIT 2: I agree with you in that they are not clear always in how we should format our reports, there's really no clear guide but the folder you might be looking for is here (assuming you have LoL in your applications folder): /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/LOL/Logs
just right click on LoL and chose show package contents to browse inside of the application

Mike4Real

02-18-2014

Thanks to a user named Sember on the LoL subreddit, I have found the solution to the Jinx W issue!

Sember
It's because you have your particle effect settings set to very low, setting it to low fixes this.