Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is LeBlanc a little on the strong side of dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

12-10-2013

Quote:
SylianEUW:
I'd say she's one of the top 6 champions for top atm. I'd say top 6 atm is, in no particular order: Fizz, Kha'Zix, Talon, Taric, Kassadin, LeBlanc.

lolno

Reikken

12-10-2013

nah dude, all damage is increased by 20% on EUW

Stofen

12-10-2013

Quote:
Northpaw:
I made a thread about her a few months ago but it didn't get much attention. She can burn in a combined electrical, grease, and chemical fire as far as I'm concerned.

Well a few months ago Kassadin was still Kassadin.

AlphaFerric

12-10-2013

I'd really only put KZ and Nid in top tier of awesomesauce right now. Taric Leona kind of deserve their own offshoot until nerfs come to either SR or def masteries as a whole. Outside of that you have most of the assassins in T1 along with things like Jayce, Wu, J4.

As for LB in particular... I won't call her OP right now but IF the right player is on her, she is a terror. I hold something ~70% with her in blind queue. Unless she's last picked in tourney play I see her as definitely counterable with a few of the other assassins (Talon, Fizz, and Zed come to mind), along with some of the point and click stuns (I think annie was mentioned earlier).

That said, she's an absolute beast late game with max CDR. You have an effective 3sec downtime on distortion, and if you really screw up you blow her 15sec ult. BFT with with her whole combo unloaded kills pretty much anything at 5 item, or kills one thing and you your kit still pulls 40-50% off of something else. Her ganks are pretty godlike (as are most assassins, doing their job and what-not). If she camps, she really does warrant another hard camp or bush roam from the bot laner if they are bursty enough.

Did I mention 3/15sec effective downtime on distortion? Because I have juked the **** out of 2-4 with how silly that ability is. I don't consider it old kass level cheese juking, but the outplay potential is pretty high.

SylianEUW

12-11-2013

Quote:
Koravel:
lolno
Very constructive. Anyway, I asked some top players from EUW about the current top 5 champions, and while there was some variety, all of them had Talon, Kha'Zix, Kassadin, LeBlanc in the list.

The point is, LeBlanc is a beast when played right. That being said, she isn't the easiest champion to play, but when you see player who got to Diamond 1 50 LP+ in solo queue, players with good mechanics and good understanding of how LeBlanc works, you'll be scared...

Actually, other LeBlancs can be scary as well. My point is, LeBlanc isn't quite as easy to play as, say, Talon, and even then I've seen Talon's fail and do nearly no damage.

Koravel

12-11-2013

Quote:
SylianEUW:
Very constructive. Anyway, I asked some top players from EUW about the current top 5 champions, and while there was some variety, all of them had Talon, Kha'Zix, Kassadin, LeBlanc in the list.

Its not very constructive because I don't care to debate with you. It's like talking to a brick wall that constantly comes back with the same thing. Assassins are good, assassins are great, you can't do anything against assassins, all hail assassins!

Talon is not top-5. He's not even in the top 20. LeBlanc is not top-5, also not even top-20. Hell I would even say Kassadin is not top-5, though that is debatable.

Now I am not at all saying she's weak, but this top-5 talk is ridiculous.

Golly

12-11-2013

Quote:
Koravel:
Its not very constructive because I don't care to debate with you. It's like talking to a brick wall that constantly comes back with the same thing. Assassins are good, assassins are great, you can't do anything against assassins, all hail assassins!

Talon is not top-5. He's not even in the top 20. LeBlanc is not top-5, also not even top-20. Hell I would even say Kassadin is not top-5, though that is debatable.

Now I am not at all saying she's weak, but this top-5 talk is ridiculous.

Not saying I disagree with you, but out of curiosity; who is currently your top 5 OP?

Koravel

12-11-2013

In no particular order:

Kha'Zix, Nidalee, Leona, Taric.

That's off the top of my head. Not really sure on a 5th, those four I feel are pretty much above the rest.

Possibly Wukong, Lulu, or Kass. It's hard for me to draw a bead on Kassadin because every time I run into him in solo queue its someone using the old "RoA rush" build which I feel isn't really that great on him because he needs CDR a lot more now.

Reikken

12-11-2013

Leona is good, but top 5?
She seems like a pretty far cry from Mr "Not only am I outrageous in group fights but I also win every duel" Gem Knight. Am I mistaken?

SylianEUW

12-11-2013

Interesting list. Kha'Zix and Taric, sure. Nidalee, well, maybe. I suspect she'd be more highly regarded on EUW if the top Nidalee players bothered to play her, but even then, I don't think she'd qualify for top 5, for a few reasons, one of which being if she's caught, she's dead, pretty much. If the Nidalee can land her Q's, then she's scary.

Leona? Top 10 maybe, but I don't think she's quite strong enough to qualify for top 5. She's easily on of the lankiest champions out there, and she provides a ton of cc, but her damage isn't that great. I don't think she's strong enough for top 5, but she's really strong nonetheless.

Wukong? Wukong was a top champion in Season 2, but in Season 3, he faced a lot of competition, with other bruisers out damaging him and assassins having far greater mobility. I'd rate Talon, Kha'Zix, Jarvan IV, and Vi higher than Wukong atm, unless I'm missing something Did he get stronger in Season 4? That being said, Wukong is still good, sure.

Lulu? Eh. She provides a lot of utility, she can kite well and her damage is decent, but she doesn't bring quite the same amount of power as other champions. She can move really fast, but if she gets caught by Talon or LeBlanc, odds are she'll die. She might be top 10 though, or maybe top 15, but she's far from OP. Do people still play Lulu in high elo NA Dominion?

I should note that I haven't really tried much Lulu in Season 4, and AP Lulu did get some buffs. I think I've only seen one or two Lulu's other than me in Season 4, but only a few people played her in high elo EUW anyway, even back in Season 2 when she was really strong. I'm going to try her more and see what I'll think of her, but I highly doubt I'd put her as a top 5 champion.

Quote:
Reikken:
Leona is good, but top 5?
She seems like a pretty far cry from Mr "Not only am I outrageous in group fights but I also win every duel" Gem Knight. Am I mistaken?
Leona is really good, and quite likely top 10, but I don't think she's top 5.