Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Internet speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immortal Legacy

12-23-2010

Whats the minimum internets speed to not have a 999 ping? My video card, processor, and RAM is all good enough to play, but the internet where I am staying is only 1 MBPS, will 2 MBPS be enough? Why do I have 999 ping on load up, but i have 50 - 60 fps during game but I still lag?

iStarr

12-23-2010

mine hardly touches over 1mb/s during peak times and its fine

Pokemaster

Recruiter

12-23-2010

128kbit is fine, you just need better connection, speed doesnt rly matters

Cheez Bix

12-23-2010

Speed = / = latency. You could have dial-up, but play on a ping of 50ms, although you'd probably need to be directly adjacent to Riot's servers.

Immortal Legacy

12-23-2010

well, we have hughesnet satellite internet, when i was on comcast it ran perfectly, no lag. But as soon as I got on Hughesnet, it lags like crazy and 999 ping on load screen.

Momciloo

12-23-2010

I have 999 ping because I'm far away from north America( from Serbia to be precise). I don't lag at all

12-23-2010

ping =/= fps. fps (frames per second) = video quality. ping = signal strength. I can only play LoL while in my dorm room because at home I have 999 ms latency due to satellite internet.

Reiyson

12-23-2010

I have a 19 ping and a 20-30 fps.

I get lag because of the opponents. Which sucks alot.