Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Lucian. How did he get so popular? How is he strong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artyom Vexis:
Lucian was always pretty strong for his role. People misunderstood on how to build him, ergo the 'Lucian is a bad champion' posts during his release.

He's strong, because he's a ranged AD caster. He's pretty much a Riven on steroids but actually balanced unlike her. His passive allows autoattack weaving through spellcasts, and as a mobile champion, Riot wanted to give him a run'n'gun system much like many action gun films like Equilibrium, and The Matrix.

I know people get so mad when I do it, but for me, I build BT, Greaves, Triforce, followed by another BT, and two Zephyrs. If they start building properly with armour, I'll sub out a BloodThirster for a Phantom Dancer.

But that's because I play focused moreso on his ultimate. But it still allows for /very/ strong kiting, and the Tenacity boost is great coupled with a no-cost dash. Again, that's just me, and yeah, I'm bronze. But a build works for me, so I'm going to do it.

Anyways, Lucian's a very versatile champion who can synergize greatly with CC-Heavy or overly-aggressive supports, which is what makes him so strong.

TLDR; basically an AD Riven, pretty flexible, great overall synergy, and damned fine scaling.

no one has enough time to explain all the reasons why your build is terrible. here are a few reasons:

- ADCs scale multiplicatively with AS/AD/CritDamage/CritChance
- PhantomDancer doesn't help against armor. LastWhisper is the item you should be building.
- Tenacity from Zephyr doesn't stack
- ADCs tend to need survivability in teamfights. As a last item, they often build a GA or BV instead of stacking more tenacity...which doesn't stack.

"Again, that's just me, and yeah, I'm bronze."

Try building BT - Greaves - Triforce - Last Whisper - IE - Banshees. It's pretty much better in every conceivable way.