Lucian. How did he get so popular? How is he strong?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstVayneMars

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ve1vet View Post
IMO I think his E was really underestimated when he first came out, if a support drops exhaust on you just Relentless Pursuit away.
My friend told me it was OP when it first came out... gesh it ish.

PieCakee

06-10-2014

Do you remember when he was seen as really weak on release?

Artyom Vexis

06-10-2014

Lucian was always pretty strong for his role. People misunderstood on how to build him, ergo the 'Lucian is a bad champion' posts during his release.

He's strong, because he's a ranged AD caster. He's pretty much a Riven on steroids but actually balanced unlike her. His passive allows autoattack weaving through spellcasts, and as a mobile champion, Riot wanted to give him a run'n'gun system much like many action gun films like Equilibrium, and The Matrix.

I know people get so mad when I do it, but for me, I build BT, Greaves, Triforce, followed by another BT, and two Zephyrs. If they start building properly with armour, I'll sub out a BloodThirster for a Phantom Dancer.

But that's because I play focused moreso on his ultimate. But it still allows for /very/ strong kiting, and the Tenacity boost is great coupled with a no-cost dash. Again, that's just me, and yeah, I'm bronze. But a build works for me, so I'm going to do it.

Anyways, Lucian's a very versatile champion who can synergize greatly with CC-Heavy or overly-aggressive supports, which is what makes him so strong.

TLDR; basically an AD Riven, pretty flexible, great overall synergy, and damned fine scaling.

Romantic Metro

06-10-2014

Aside from Draven, Lucian is my next favorite ADC simply because he feels fun. He dashes around and shoots double hand guns like John Woo. His kit though is super good. A decent gap close dash that removes slowing effects, long range spells that have good burst, and an ult that deals decent damage and can clear waves on a fairly decent cd. His passive is pretty kick ass too. He's got burst and strong dueling with his current build path. It's why he can beat late scaling champs like kog and twitch if he gets them in a 1v1.

Xyltin

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBloodGreed View Post
I never liked Lucian because of his ult not being able to change directions.
How did he get so popular all of a sudden?
Some people said "Koreans" but idk how they played him.
Can anyone show me a video of a Korean Lucian?
Can anyone tell me how to play him?
I wouldn't say all of the sudden. Lucian was popular some weeks after his release already.
But he got a way more higher pick rate last week due to being free to play.

Rockman

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hraagh View Post
E goes too far
Q and W have too much range and very low counterplay
Ult is long range damage

The question you should ask is, "Why did riot release a champ that has a high-distance escape, three long-range skills, AND a relevant passive?"

The answer: I'd like to know.
E is a long distance escape... what? Are you smoking crack? It goes 425. Aside from maybe Graves, other mobile carries go much much farther.

GlobDaBlob1

06-10-2014

People saw his ult and were like "thats weak hes a bad champion"

Then they later realize that his ult is not that strong because of the absurd damage he can do with Q and passive

Palantair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2014

There's so much wrong in this thread.

Lucian WAS really weak on release. 2 Q's oomed him. He had very low base mana regen. His Q didn't hit things.

Riot fixes his mana by making it a larger pool, higher base regen/level regen, Q hits things. Carries were nerfed around him. Ulti changed to scale off AD much harder than AS.

And that is the REAL reason he is so strong now. Literally QoL changes and slight power movement in his kit literally shot him into top tier after other carries were nerfed quite significantly. None of this "lol he was always strong even on release" bull**** you see people keep parroting.

Drakonitus

06-11-2014

Because his ultimate.

Soo much damage. :l

UHadMeAtHello

06-11-2014

Obama had something to do with it.