Lucian. How did he get so popular? How is he strong?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronBloodGreed

12-08-2013

I never liked Lucian because of his ult not being able to change directions.
How did he get so popular all of a sudden?
Some people said "Koreans" but idk how they played him.
Can anyone show me a video of a Korean Lucian?
Can anyone tell me how to play him?

IronBloodGreed

12-08-2013

bump

CynicalGiant

12-08-2013

His ult is pretty awesome waveclear
He is pretty slippery and mobile
His passive + Q is a lot of really good damage making him hard to trade with

Exvayate

12-08-2013

His Q has increasing scaling per rank.
His W provides free movement speed which can stack with Phage.
His E can cancel slow from Exhaust during laning phase. Also has 0 mana cost at max rank.
His R can deal a significant amount of damage if you get a sweet angle.

Kiyoish

12-08-2013

Well he was fairly balanced before they buffed him, then he recieved some big changes in how much mana he has, and how his Q tracking works.

I think the Korean Lucian build is BoRK, Trinity, LW, in that order, with really aggressive kiting and AA trading between spells.

Most people run BT Trinity or Stattick Shiv into LW. This is the build I prefer as it focuses on burst damage and trading potential with sustain.

He is currently just the strongest ADC bot lane and has mostly favorable matchups. Generally you want to Q then AA someone to harass them, and if they keep fighting W then AA again and kite or back off as needed.

His auto range is average, but his spell ranges are all pretty high, or have high potential, and his mobility is top tier. Very strong when played aggressively, also because his base numbers are too high as is.

Edit: Ooops guess I miss heard about the Korean thing. The other stuff still stands.

Maximum Doge

12-08-2013

2 words

Koreans, sheep

EzSkillshot

12-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoish View Post
Well he was fairly balanced before they buffed him, then he recieved some big changes in how much mana he has, and how his Q tracking works.

I think the Korean Lucian build is BoRK, Trinity, LW, in that order, with really aggressive kiting and AA trading between spells.

Most people run BT Trinity or Stattick Shiv into LW. This is the build I prefer as it focuses on burst damage and trading potential with sustain.

He is currently just the strongest ADC bot lane and has mostly favorable matchups. Generally you want to Q then AA someone to harass them, and if they keep fighting W then AA again and kite or back off as needed.

His auto range is average, but his spell ranges are all pretty high, or have high potential, and his mobility is top tier. Very strong when played aggressively, also because his base numbers are too high as is.
Koreans don't build bork on lucian.

The Hearshot Kid

12-08-2013

everything I said from the beginning, I always knew he was great and destined for greatness, I called zed to

Cronofuge

12-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaxeTheDragon View Post
everything I said from the beginning, I always knew he was great and destined for greatness, I called zed to
Yeah when he first came out and people said he sucked I didn't agree with that at all. I guess people just needed a good build and playstyle.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2013

Lucian's strong because he crushes it hard in the laning phase, and is guaranteed to scale well late into the game because he's an ADC. Also has mobility that doubles as a massive "**** you" to Nasus.