Queue dodging penalty in ranked.

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

When I sometimes have 5 games in a row quit during selection screen before I finally get to even play, I saw the penalty isn't harsh enough.

Griselidis

01-05-2011

I just wanted to share with you guys what happened to me, which is pretty tragic. I had been playing ranked with one friend of mine for a while and got up to 1300 elo, which I was very happy with. Then I started playing without him, got a few noobs, a few leavers, and my rank started going down. Before I knew it I was down to 1100, so I decided that in order to SAVE my elo, I'd start queue dodging bad team compositions and players who troll from the get-go at champ select. I thought this was a brilliant idea. It cost me time, but I was willing to make the sacrifice for my rank. As you already know, my plan backfired! Soon I was down to 960, and I decided ranked just wasn't for me.

Finally I asked my buddy why he wouldn't just queue dodge a game he was already in to play with me. He informed me that he'd lose a large chunk of elo. My jaw dropped.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I never figured out that my rank was dropping because I was queue dodging. I just never kept that close an eye on it. I suggest, if Riot's going to continue the policy of elo loss for dodging, that it be way more obvious that you're going to lose your rank.

More on topic, I give this thread a thumbs up, because queue dodging any game at champ select is NOT the same as leaving a game that's underway. The punishment should fit the crime.

WyvekPL

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griselidis View Post
I just wanted to share with you guys what happened to me, which is pretty tragic. I had been playing ranked with one friend of mine for a while and got up to 1300 elo, which I was very happy with. Then I started playing without him, got a few noobs, a few leavers, and my rank started going down. Before I knew it I was down to 1100, so I decided that in order to SAVE my elo, I'd start queue dodging bad team compositions and players who troll from the get-go at champ select. I thought this was a brilliant idea. It cost me time, but I was willing to make the sacrifice for my rank. As you already know, my plan backfired! Soon I was down to 960, and I decided ranked just wasn't for me.

Finally I asked my buddy why he wouldn't just queue dodge a game he was already in to play with me. He informed me that he'd lose a large chunk of elo. My jaw dropped.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I never figured out that my rank was dropping because I was queue dodging. I just never kept that close an eye on it. I suggest, if Riot's going to continue the policy of elo loss for dodging, that it be way more obvious that you're going to lose your rank.

More on topic, I give this thread a thumbs up, because queue dodging any game at champ select is NOT the same as leaving a game that's underway. The punishment should fit the crime.
Also it's a shame that you cannot play with friends in ranked if your ELO is so different from theirs.

I mean sure I understand why it was implemented to prevent abuse, but it also makes people cautious of who they play with not only based on their friends skill but also their current ranking

Efreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheem Octuris View Post
Or maybe the solution here is to change how we queue. How about, instead of joining a game and everyone choosing champions, we choose a roll to play and then join the queue. Once we join a game, we get to select champs like normal EXCEPT we only get to choose the champs that meet the role we selected earlier That way, teams are balanced and wether we win or lose is based on skill instead of having the correct amount of roles.
/\WoW dungeon finder/\

T3R3ZI

01-07-2011

To all the people who say "tough ****e, deal with it and play, you might win."

I've won games with 5 carries or carries and mages before, this isnt about that.
It's when you get the idiots who purposely feed, people who instalock twitch with revive and smite and do nothing but screw up a game. For the people with net issues. For the people who are just THE biggest ******s.

That is when queue dodging is justified and if you think otherwise you're probably one of them.

This is also the reason why I don't enjoy ranked, it feels like you have so much pressure.

Awe5omeMan

01-08-2011

The penalty for dodging ranked is harsh right now, and I had no idea you got a leaver mark and negative ELO for it. I read all the patch notes, but maybe missed it. I now have 25 leaver marks on my account (previously zero due to the occasional pardon thingy) and have been stuck in ELO hell forever. Whats worse is that now in the 1200 range I cant dodge teams that are raging before the match starts, or picking all awful champions with no synergy that are extremely weak against the enemy team. I'm probably not going to play this game anymore, since the past 20 games or so I've played ranked have been full of fails, and I can't dodge it. When you are first pick, you really can't control too much - for example if you pick an AP nuker- then your team picks 3 more squish AP and one **** meele dps then enemy team is going to pick galio veiger kassadin and stomp your face Maybe you could add a vote to dodge or something....

Brazzerboy

01-10-2011

The penatly is 100% ******ed, i left a ranked champ selection today so i could queue with a freind instead, little did i know i would ****ing get - 20 elo for that, are you ****ing kidding me, its already hard enough to get out of elo hell but i gotta deal with that **** too, and the ****ty completely noob teams arnt the only reason to queue dodge, internet problems, interface problems, F U C King mastery page freezing, real life issues, you should not even get a leavers mark for leaving a champion selection, it should be the last grace period to leave before getting punished, you didnt ruin the game for 5-9 other people, you just made them wait 30 second ( even less after the game queue change top of the list thingy) it is completely ******ed and needs to be changed.....riot... please....

dbx10

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awe5omeMan View Post
The penalty for dodging ranked is harsh right now, and I had no idea you got a leaver mark and negative ELO for it. I read all the patch notes, but maybe missed it. I now have 25 leaver marks on my account (previously zero due to the occasional pardon thingy) and have been stuck in ELO hell forever. Whats worse is that now in the 1200 range I cant dodge teams that are raging before the match starts, or picking all awful champions with no synergy that are extremely weak against the enemy team. I'm probably not going to play this game anymore, since the past 20 games or so I've played ranked have been full of fails, and I can't dodge it. When you are first pick, you really can't control too much - for example if you pick an AP nuker- then your team picks 3 more squish AP and one **** meele dps then enemy team is going to pick galio veiger kassadin and stomp your face Maybe you could add a vote to dodge or something....
That made me quit the game for 6 months straight.

aimology

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooke View Post
Sooo...being allowed to dodge because the enemy has a better team comp is fair? Perhaps be wiser in your picks.
so basically youre an idiot? because his point is you cant control your teammates picks you ******. Do you realize how hard it is to carry in **** elo? I was 30 games in the hole, solo que'd my way back to 5 positive. Today alone I have lost 11 out of 1 because of **** team chemistry. Ive tanked, carried and support. Nothing I can do when my team decides to go all tanks even though I use first pick to jungle rammus or I use 1st pick to kayle support and people pick no tanks after me, or how about I pick MF / Trist to carry and nobody picks a support or tank after me? get a ****ing clue. Solo ranked is ****ing pathetic. I should not have to play with people who are "new" to ranked after working my way back to 1200. I have over 300 wins in ranked and Im playing with people constantly with under 10 ranked wins ( 3 out of the 5 ) and its just to hard to consistently carry them. Give me people with over at least 75 wins in ranked because the EXPERIENCE matters.

Brazzerboy

01-12-2011

Guess what, my mastery page froze again, in a ranked game, where i was sposed to swap someone for a champion too, so i had to queue dodge, thank you riot, you ****ing piece of **** **** for brain ******s take my elo for nothing, ****ing great, **** you

1234567 ... 9