Queue dodging penalty in ranked.

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dbx10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooke View Post
Sooo...being allowed to dodge because the enemy has a better team comp is fair? Perhaps be wiser in your picks.
In solo queue you don,t control what your team picks, i've been stuck in a game with veigar cass kennen and kog'maw today in ranked. Against a balanced team, the game was already lost. People are stupid even in ranked and it's extremely annoying because you,re basically forced to play a game you know will inevitably be a loss otherwise you're punished harshly.

Your comment doesn't even have a place anywhere in this thread, a little common sense kills it anyways.

This is League of Legends not League of the Utopic competitive gamer's Dream.

PS: And btw whenever LotUcgD is released i'm buying it.

Watch This

12-30-2010

Harsh dodge penalties stopped being necessary when the queues were changed to put dropped teams at the head of the queue instead of the back.

dbx10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Do I Heal View Post
Harsh dodge penalties stopped being necessary when the queues were changed to put dropped teams at the head of the queue instead of the back.
^this^

Fathus

01-03-2011

Bump.

Hatespawn

01-03-2011

selection of chars doesnt always guarentee a win or loss. Have had tremendously bad combinations of toons that wouldnt normally win together and pulled it out because everyone knew how to play and didnt go playing stupid. On the other hand, have had great combos that the team mates were riding the short bus and couldnt follow simple instructions and have lost. I wish we could set some kind of IP block on players that we refuse to play with personally after a match. It would better ensure that your not going to be stuck with that 8-12 year old that keeps screaming "NOOB" after he gets a lucky kill in or happens to get in on an ambush and thinks hes gods gift to the game.

Froi

01-03-2011

I just queue dodged because my client froze up, and I couldn't pick a champion.
Do I deserve to get penalized for god**** client errors?

WyvekPL

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Do I Heal View Post

+1

as currently designed, queue dodge penalty is a broken mechanic.
you see what enemy has chosen, you see what your team-mates are picking and you know it's a fail - but you are forced to sit thru 25 minutes of this fail
Makes for such an unfun experience.

If you want to make an elo loss at least makes it less of a loss.
I can make a decision like that:

- i'm either playing this game and risking (very high chance) that I'm gonna lose it (and lose full ELO for it), but I have a slight chance of winning
- i'm queue dodging and losing less elo straight up, no chance in this case obviously to gain elo

so I have to make some decision

as it is now it's better to play and have 25 minutes of very frustrating game and lose it because you are going to lose that elo anyway

DeathKontrol

01-03-2011

If theres one thing im afraid of in LoL, its a ranked leave. that's probably why i almost never play ranked games

I have 830 normal wins and 8 leaves, ALL of which are due to either internet problems or something else pulling me off the computer. I hate leavers

I was actually just about to post a thread about this because I had the same problem. i disconnected from the internet during queue and couldnt reconnect. my bro had to dodge for me and now thanks to you guys at Riot his ranked score is 0/1/1. this is complete and utter nonsense. please, allow me to rage in all caps for a moment.

THE FACT THAT IS GAME RESETS EVERYBODY AFTER QUEUE IS NICE INSTEAD OF MAKING US PLAY A GAME WITH A LEAVER. BUT QUEUE DODGING HAPPENS SOMETIMES. PENALIZING SOMEONE WITH 2 NEGATIVE POINTS AS IF THEY HAVE PLAYED 2 40 MINUTE GAMES WHEN ALL THEY DID WAS DISCONNECT FROM QUEUE AFTER 20 SECONDS IS ABSOLUTELY MENTALLY ******ED. INTERNET ISSUES HAPPEN SOMETIMES AND THE OTHER 9 PEOPLE CAN DEAL WITH AN EXTRA MINUTE OF QUEUEING. WHAT IF I JOIN A ROOM THINKING ITS NORMAL AND THE STUPID HOST HITS GO IMMEDIATELY AND WE FIND A GAME IN 0.5 SECONDS AND IM FORCED TO PLAY A RANKED GAME I DIDNT WANT TO PLAY? MAYBE GRANTING A LOSS IS OK, BUT GIVING SOMEONE A LEAVE AND A LOSS AND A TIME PENALTY AND AN ELO DROP IS PROBABLY THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD OF. PUT SOME SENSE INTO YOUR HEADS STUPID RIOT.

anyways, i reccomend that either ranked queue dodges should be penalized less, not penalized at all (except timer) or not penalized if someone disconnects before say banning is done. RIOT, STOP BEING INCOMPETENT MORONS AND FIX THIS STUPID SYSTEM BEFORE I NEVER PLAY A RANKED GAME AGAIN! NOT TO MENTION NEVER EVER BUYING RIOT POINTS EVER!!!

thanks for listening, i support this thread, +1000 if i could

Rheem Octuris

01-04-2011

Or maybe the solution here is to change how we queue. How about, instead of joining a game and everyone choosing champions, we choose a roll to play and then join the queue. Once we join a game, we get to select champs like normal EXCEPT we only get to choose the champs that meet the role we selected earlier That way, teams are balanced and wether we win or lose is based on skill instead of having the correct amount of roles.

qt Messiah

Master Recruiter

01-04-2011

Yeah, holy f happened to me twice before, just after i got in que i got disconnected cause of internet problems, then I came back then saw my elo drop, i was like, holy s no f way. It really isnt right at all. Prob you could elo penalty when everyone has chosen the champ then you leave, not when you just got into the game then got dc'd for some reason.

123456 ... 9