Queue dodging penalty in ranked.

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dbx10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

I think the penalty is too harsh.

Ingame leavers in ranked matches get what they deserve, Riot did awesome work for that.

But here's my point:
When you're in champion select, and you pick a tank and people in your team pick Tristana, Ashe, Shaco and Twitch versus Two tanks, one melee, one ranged and one support, queue dodging is very tempting.

Sure it should still penalize you in some way, but now with the new automated banning system i think removing the Elo rating penalty would be good, because queue dodging isn't such a bad thing at all anyways in some cases.

But really when you can get banned because queue-dodging counts as a leave, while having a 5 minute cooldown, on top of lowering your Elo rating i think all of this is extremely harsh to say the least.

Riot should find some sort of balance between the people who queue dodge all the time and people who do it once a week.

Also: Riot staff tends to look at threads with a lot of thumbs up. If you agree thumbs up, if you don't explain why.

Thanks

Edit: if somehow it gave less of a penalty for queue dodging, say no elo penalty but a higher queue-dodge timer, that would be balanced because people have all sorts of reasons to dodge.

Double edit: i think a lot of people agree here, if only this forum was as popular as champion feedback maybe we'd get attention.

Villiroth

12-23-2010

Queue dodging shouldnt equal a leave, theres reasons people queue dodge and 99% of them arent doing it just to be an ass.

Deb

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx10 View Post
I think the penalty is too harsh.

Ingame leavers in ranked matches get what they deserve, Riot did awesome work for that.

But here's my point:
When you're in champion select, and you pick a tank and people in your team pick Tristana, Ashe, Shaco and Twitch versus Two tanks, one melee, one ranged and one support, queue dodging is very tempting.

Sure it should still penalize you in some way, but now with the new automated banning system i think removing the Elo rating penalty would be good, because queue dodging isn't such a bad thing at all anyways in some cases.

But really when you can get banned because queue-dodging counts as a leave, while having a 5 minute cooldown, on top of lowering your Elo rating i think all of this is extremely harsh to say the least.

Riot should find some sort of balance between the people who queue dodge all the time and people who do it once a week.

Also: Riot staff tends to look at threads with a lot of thumbs up. If you agree thumbs up, if you don't explain why.

Thanks

Edit: if somehow it gave less of a penalty for queue dodging, say half the Elo you'd lose for losing a game, that would be balanced because people have internet problems in champion select too.
You don't know if you'll win or lose. The other team can be all tanks and barely started playing the game. Suck it up and play or get banned.

Villiroth

12-24-2010

Your an idiot, he obviously stated "RANKED" quite a few times. You cant "just start" and play a ranked game.

dbx10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSortOfDuck View Post
You don't know if you'll win or lose. The other team can be all tanks and barely started playing the game. Suck it up and play or get banned.
In ranked they are level 30's and probably have a few games behind their belt.
You obviously either don't know anything or have not even read the title.

Either way, you should stop posting forever.

Carados

12-24-2010

Quote:
I know exactly if I'll win or lose if some Urgor is spamming "MID OR FEED."

If you don't think games can be decided at champion select, I wonder if you've played this game before.

donkrx

12-25-2010

Quote:
This is bad logic. I'm not trying to troll you, but just make a valid point. Consider in a game of poker (nl holdem since everyone knows that game) where you just sat down and on your first hand you get 79 off suit. This hand can win with some straights, but it can also be dangerous if you only hit top-pair on a board such as [ 9 5 5 ]. Against good players, this hand will not hold up, since they will only put money in (on such a community board) with hands that beat you, and fold hands that YOU beat (such as 88, or a worse 9). In the long run you will lose money by choosing to play it.

The analogy that I'm trying to make here is that you know with 79 you are putting yourself at a disadvantage unless you get lucky and your opponent is either stupid, or you hit a big hand. It can still win, sure, but in the long-run you are losing by choosing to play. With the system in LoL where ELO is determined by W:L ratio, why would you knowingly put yourself at a disadvantage?

Personally I think the queue dodging penalty is a broken mechanic, and needs to be fixed. I have no desire to play solo-ranked with something like this because it goes against competitive logic.

dbx10

12-26-2010

bumping, there seems to be a lot of interest. don't forget to thumbs up if you agree.

Scrobotz

12-30-2010

And lets not forgot the situation where my internet cuts out for a few second during champ select and all of a sudden I get a leave, and a loss of elo for something completely out of my control. And don't say it won't happen, its happened to me 4 times now.

Rooke

12-30-2010

Sooo...being allowed to dodge because the enemy has a better team comp is fair? Perhaps be wiser in your picks.

12345 ... 9