Long-Ranged Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrArthur

12-23-2010

Hi everyone. I am new to the game and I played similar games to LoL before and I need help choosing a champion.

I like long range champions that can hit good and kill my opponents. No ranged fighters who have ranged attacks. More like Kayle and Ashe. I am willing to buy Riot Points so just say what you can about whose a good ranged/hitter.

Thanks

xpsychedelico

12-23-2010

When you say long ranged, do you mean champions who have skills that attack further than their auto attack range? Like Ashe's ult?

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

Ranged physical damage dealers.

Sivir (450 IP/260 RP) AoE autoattacks, strong nuke with huge range (boomerang), Speel shield (built-in Banshee's Veil) Movement Speed and Attack speed AoE buff on his ultimate. One of the strongest carries at the moment.

Tristana (1350 IP/585 RP) when she lvls up (her passive gives her attack range) It's a pretty strong AD carry. (Maybe the strongest 1v1 carry along with Kog'maw)

Ezreal (6300 IP/975 RP) has massive range (global skillshot ultimate) and superior mobility ) But, he is very difficult to play, all his spells are skill shots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq5Ves19kDs

Twitch (6300 IP/975 RP) Built inStealth, AoE slow, Lineal missiles shots ultimate for a few hits with massive range (He deals damage with every single attack on a straight lane for a huge range, hitting everything on the way). He is a very strong carry, but, he needs a lot of farm (his ultimate was nerfed a little -was nuts-) and he is squishy. If he is farmed can kill the whole enemy team in 5 attacks second of his ult (no joke).

Kog'Maw (6300 IP/975 RP) The single target DPS of death, this guy hits like a truck single target. High HP/High Armor enemies? don't worry, I have a life % magical damage autoattack that stacks with madreds. Pretty nutty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uZ1ltl-qPM

Miss Fortune (6300 IP/975 RP) AoE huge range cone of death ultimate, strong autottacks, AoE slow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZh_hN-62YA

Casters

Annie (1350 IP/585 RP) AoE stun, high burst, extremely powerful gank when she reaches lvl 6.

These are my recommendations, but, I would suggest that you try the champs of the free week rotation, so you are not in risk of buying a champion that doesn't fits you.

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

I recommend getting the SUPER DELUXE ULTRA FREE RIOT GIRL TRISTANA FACEBOOK OMEGA DEAL on LoL's front page

Then you'll have an awesome AD ranged carry for free. No IP or RP!

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

12-23-2010

I'm going to disagree with you on sivir zaf, just because although her boomerang blade (q skill) has a long range, sivir's auto attack range is VERY short, you can be easily harassed out of a lane by a champion like ashe, tristana or miss fortune if they make it a point to start harassing early.

If they force sivir to play back with auto-attacks, it's very mana intensive early to farm with BB.

But other good champms I would suggest,
Physical
Corki - mage early, but built into a physical carry mid to late, very difficult to play and master

Mage (I know you're looking at physical typically, but these casters are sustained aka very short cooldowns, to the point of almost always using them)

Kennen - this little ninja is one of my three favorite to play, extremely potent in lane to to the threat of stun nearly 24/7, fantastic in team fights assuming you time correctly when to enter it, no mana so go for the rylai's. [amumu ult + kennen ult one of the strongest aoe combos in the game imo] (6300 IP/975 RP)

Vladimir - kekeke, i'm going to sit around, then heal and harass in one move, sanguine pool escape can dodge ANYTHING [even pro pooled a tower diving mummy ult], builds health for AP and AP for health so ends up rather beefy (6300 IP/975 RP)

Hybrid/mage/phys your choice
Nidalee - so I'm going to lane here effectively and heal when you harass kk?, human form has a long range skill shot spear (human form uses mana), cougar form is getting all up in their face with no cost skills, and again like the title says, she can be build either physical (which is more cougar reliant, AP more spear/heal, or a hybrid of the two)

Mr Zafrada

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuketsuki View Post
I'm going to disagree with you on sivir zaf, just because although her boomerang blade (q skill) has a long range, sivir's auto attack range is VERY short, you can be easily harassed out of a lane by a champion like ashe, tristana or miss fortune if they make it a point to start harassing early.
You are right, his autoattack range is very short, but I feel that sivir with Q is a very strong solo, Q+W+E dominates lane like a walk in the park, unless you are facing heavy laners. If you max Q, like all Sivirs should, you can even just Q to clear creepwaves if you are feeling too lazy to move (kinda old mordekaiser) With yellow and blue MP5/lvl you should be fine. You are right on his range though.

(Don't trying to be a ****, just my opinion and experience )

You gave some very good suggestions, specially Corki, I love him.

ClericalError

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zafrada View Post
You are right, his autoattack range is very short, but I feel that sivir with Q is a very strong solo, Q+W+E dominates lane like a walk in the park, unless you are facing heavy laners. If you max Q, like all Sivirs should, you can even just Q to clear creepwaves if you are feeling too lazy to move (kinda old mordekaiser) With yellow and blue MP5/lvl you should be fine. You are right on his range though.

(Don't trying to be a ****, just my opinion and experience )

You gave some very good suggestions, specially Corki, I love him.
Hi Zafrada.

I'm very new to the game (just bought my first character) and I decided on Sivir. I've looked over the "Beginners Phrases and Acronyms" and couldn't find Q+W+E in there. I'm assuming "Heavy Laners" means really beefy super units going down a lane but I cannot figure out wat "Q" is. Just wondering if you could clarify it for me.

A bit of a n00b but looking to improve and this kind of advice would be invaluable! Thanks!

ShadyGrave

12-23-2010

QWER are the shortcut buttons to her ability. in this case Q is her boomerange, W is bouncing blade and E is her shield and R is ultimate (unless im mixing up her abilities)

Talking Socks

12-23-2010

Urgot. If you acid bombed someone, he can shoot with his acid hunter from an immense range.

Mr Zafrada

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClericalError View Post
Hi Zafrada.

I'm very new to the game (just bought my first character) and I decided on Sivir. I've looked over the "Beginners Phrases and Acronyms" and couldn't find Q+W+E in there. I'm assuming "Heavy Laners" means really beefy super units going down a lane but I cannot figure out wat "Q" is. Just wondering if you could clarify it for me.

A bit of a n00b but looking to improve and this kind of advice would be invaluable! Thanks!

Like Shady bro said!

-manual quote-

"QWER are the shortcut buttons to her ability. in this case Q is her boomerange, W is bouncing blade and E is her shield and R is ultimate"

Heavy Laners, champions very strong at the laning phase, generally beefy that can deal a good ammount of early game damage. Like Pantheon, Malphite, Urgot, Zilean (not beefy, but his bomb spam is nutty, and so on) Lately I've faced pretty strong laning phase Cassiopeias (maybe it's my lack of experience dealing with her)

If you want to add me ingame I can play a sivir game with you.