Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vsing golds and plats when were bronze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticUrf

12-05-2013

My team CatalysmCrusaders is bronze 2 vsing plats this is so unfair any advice/response/solution?

Snapper2

12-05-2013

are they plat solo queue or plat rank in 3s? my silver 3 team has beaten 2 plat and a gold 1 solo queue players in ranked 3s because they were a silver 5 3s team. my brother is bronze solo queue and i'm silver. if it's their promo matches then a lot of the time you get screwed, but I don't think there's much riot can do about that except maybe make their MMR higher if they have a high solo queue rank?

ApackofKoalas

12-08-2013

It doesn't matter what their solo queue rating is (unless it's like high diamond or challenger). I haven't played many plat players who are also gold or plat in 3's. 3's is more about map control and snowballing. Laning phase is so short that you can deny mechanically better players getting an advantage.
Not to mention a lot of the plat players we were up against mainly played 5's, and they kind of bring that style to 3's which doesn't work. You don't have to beat these solo queue players in laning phase, just beat them in objectives. Naturally there are teams with plat and diamond players that will stomp you though, but they typically know how to play 3's and they also have better mechanics. Only time my team got stomped against people with little 3's experience but high solo queue, was all high diamond players. They were just so much mechanically better that they snowballed off bad dives and wouldn't fall for bad fights.
Don't worry about what their solo queue rating is. All that matters is how well you know the map and how good you are at grabbing control quickly. lolnexus can be a bad thing if you're getting intimidated right from the loading screen. Just focus on your own team coordination and objective taking.