Shaco's Clone needs massive bug fixes.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fritz Lenz

12-05-2013

I was doing some testing this morning on the live client and noticed some odd details of Shaco's Clone. These are the results I got from approximately an hours worth of data collection.

Data Collected:

-Shaco's Clone will proc the unique on-hit Wit's End Unique Passive and will drain MR from the target.
Working as intended. Example of item interaction that is working properly on in the live client.
-Shaco's Clone will not proc the Unique on-hit Passive of Blade of the Ruined King.
Possible bug since Shaco's Clone cannot benefit from lifesteal, the passive is being treated as such, and thus not actually functioning. Though on lolwikia it is stated in the on-hit section " Shaco's Hallucinate
Deals 75% of Shaco's attack damage, and any cloned on-hit effects at full damage. The clones attacks can critically strike and any life steal will heal itself."
-Shaco's Clone will not proc Sunfire Capes Unique Passive.
There was never any mention of the removal of sunfire cape working on Shaco's Clone. Feel free to check the patch notes for both Shaco and Sunfire Cape on Lolwikia.
-The Clone's stats are generated very oddly.

The following was my attempt to understand how "The clone deals 75% of Shaco's damage".

CONTROL SAMPLE SETUP:
Runes: None
Masteries: None
Items: Bilgewater Cutless - +25 attack damage
Level: 7

Shaco Attack Damage: 76 (Base) + 25 (Bilgewater) = 101 total AD
Clone Attack Damage: 55 (Base) + 25 (Bilgewater?) = 80 total AD

The difference in stats I understood as the appliance of his damage reduction as stated "The clone deals 75% of Shaco's damage". I also noticed then that the attack damage from items is unmodified. I then calculated out to see if the ratios matched up.

Total AD: 80/101 = 79% AD ratio transfer?

I figured that then maybe it was only the base damage that was reduced by 75%, since attack damage from items was unmodified.

Base AD: 55/76 = 72% AD ratio transfer?

Thus another failure in locating the supposed "The clone deals 75% of Shaco's damage". It was not found in the modification of the Clone's stats, and not in its auto attacks against monsters on Twisted treeline.

If it was the base that was only being affected by the 25% reduction in damage its stats should have been as follows:

Total Clone AD: 57 (Base) + 25 (Bilgewater) = 82 total AD

Then the calculus would be correct in:
57 (Clone Base AD) / 76 (Shaco's Base AD) = 75% AD transfer ratio

But then I noticed something interesting. No matter how much you leveled up and increased your base AD; the clone's base AD never changes. Thus I tested Shaco's base AD when he first gets his clone against the clone's base AD:

55 (Clone Base AD) / 72 (Shaco's Base AD @ Level 6) = 75.69% AD transfer ratio.

Seems to be in line with the 75% damage only specification. What we can infer is that the clone's AD is not based off of Shaco's actual statistics, but his statistics when he leveled into his ultimate. Thus interested in this find I leveled Shaco up to 11 and 16 to see if the Clone's Base AD would increase when he would put a point into Clone.

The resulting clones still only had 55 Base AD.
Thusly Shaco's Ultimate is massively failing to do what it says in the fashion is going about presently. Shaco's Clone never truly does only 75% damage. It in fact does far less damage as the game continues on and on.

At level 11 Shaco's Clone should have 67.5 Base AD.
At level 16 Shaco's Clone should have 80.775 Base AD.
And this is if the system of Shaco's Clone Base AD was being raised with subsequent points into the ability.

What we get is an ability that fails to do what it states utterly. From the lacking of increasing the Clone's Base AD past level 6 to the lack of reduction of AD from items; the math does not match what the ability says it does.

Conclusions:
The manner in which Shaco's Clone interacts with items, and its own tooltip wording vs its actual functioning nature in live, are all greatly confusing to Shaco's fans. This creates for new players an incredibly contradictory and confusing ability. If riot really wants new players to pick up champions with relatitve ease, as seems to be the current trend, they really should look at how Shaco's Ultimate ability is functioning. Could these issues be why Shaco has such incredibly difficult scaling into late game? Possibly but that would require further study.

I encourage all Shaco players and fans to reply to this thread so that we can bring this issue to the light, and also report issues I have yet to state or test.I will only bump this once per 30 minutes at earliest after any reply or bump I have made while online.

Fritz Lenz

12-05-2013

Unconfirmed issues
(I have not gotten around to test them)
Other player reported bugs pertaining to Shaco's Clone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Miner View Post
His clone doesn't proc SotEL either, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooty View Post
you forgot to mention that his clone does not proc his E's passive slow anymore either
Quote:
Originally Posted by MageLeif View Post
Shaco's clone also doesn't damage/destroy wards when he attacks them. Another bug to add onto the big pile.

On-hit Items that have yet to be tested:
Spirit of the Lizard Elder
Frozen Mallet
Hextech Gunblade - Reload Passive
Nashor's Tooth
Tiamat & Ravenous Hydra - Cleave (non active component)
Madred's Razors & Wriggle's Lantern
Statikk Shiv

Soup Miner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2013

Props for consolidating a lot of his problems into a concise post.
Keep this thread bumped.

His clone doesn't proc SotEL either, btw, nor does it apply E's passive.

Edit: Someone should check to see if his clone procs Nashor's. Whether it does or doesn't might give us more insight into what's going on. I'm on a phone right now.

Fritz Lenz

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Miner View Post
Props for consolidating all of his problems into a concise post.
Keep this thread bumped.

His clone doesn't proc SotEL either, btw.
Thank you for the post.
I will take you at your word for this. Unfortunately due to time constraints I could only test so much.
I added this possible bug into unconfirmed issues.

Fritz Lenz

12-05-2013

Bump - 30 minutes of inactivity

Agent Zero

12-05-2013

Who is Shaco?

Fritz Lenz

12-05-2013

Bump - 30 minute inactivity

Esilon

12-05-2013

Shaco should able to switch position with the clone if activate r again.

Fritz Lenz

12-05-2013

Bump - 3 hours of inactivity

mythrilpanties

12-05-2013

you forgot to mention that his clone does not proc his E's passive slow anymore either

12345 ... 6