BoT (Bot of Legends) Cheat program.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

I was just looking through several videos online and came across this certain that was an AP Tristana montage. Then somewhere in the comments, somebody mentioned that the guy was using BoL hacks. I was confused and couldn't tell if it was some type of sarcasm as I don't know what the acronym stands for.

So i googled "BoL League of Legends" and apparently its a big website with thousands of posts from what i saw currently on their "General" forum partition.

Heres the website for those too lazy to google it like I did: http://botoflegends.com/forum/forum/2-general/

Some of you may get pissed as I'm advertising a 3rd party program that is going to certainly get some people to sign up for it. Knowing this, I hope that happens since it'll bring attention to this topic although it may make some of your ranked queues quite frustrating. This is a bigger problem than some may think.

Just based on the amount of people that are posting on their forums and the traffic that website gets, I'm sure there's a crapload of people that use this program to get an unfair advantage.

Now instead of rambling forever about this let me get to something relevant on the topic. Why the hell doesn't Riot prevent programs like this being used? It seems to me they care more about selling more ip/xp boosts for the meantime by removing the ip/xp one gets from custom games for fear that bots programs may eliminate the need for some of these while people level their smurfs and just buy lvl 30 accounts from 3rd party websites. (By the way, if you play dominion bot games...names with 2 numbers at the end usually mean the player is a bot)

Anyway...my intention isn't to make Riot look like a bad guy and complain too much, but I really think people need to be aware of this website and more measures have to be taken to prevent its usage. I really hate the idea of league becoming plagued by hacks like warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 did and just would like some kind of word from Riot of their awareness of this issue.

Although the program's subscription is 2 bucks per day for the basic kit, I'm sure there are some ashe-holes that would be willing to pay that much to get an advantage as big as the precision, speed and accuracy that a bot program would provide over a human player.

I hope this topic doesn't get deleted though...

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

bump

Maeyu

12-04-2013

This is interesting... lol Someone brought up another point earlier with ANOTHER program... Theirs was less severe tho.

Actually.. theirs had auto timers for camps, drags, barons, etc... so I don't know.. that can be quite an advantage if you're too noob to realize the camp times or do simple math lol

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

Yeah...it lets people streamline the execution of their combos for example. A really fast dfg->e->ult-> combo while tristana is in the air or a cassiopeia that never misses her q's. Its pretty damn lame. I wouldn't put it past certain katarina players.

I'm sure there's even more that I haven't thought of but based on the traffic on their forums, this program is a lot more widespread than many are aware of. F*cking lame.

A Vitriolic Cat

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeyu View Post
This is interesting... lol Someone brought up another point earlier with ANOTHER program... Theirs was less severe tho.

Actually.. theirs had auto timers for camps, drags, barons, etc... so I don't know.. that can be quite an advantage if you're too noob to realize the camp times or do simple math lol
This is not really a fair comparison (the word "auto" is misleading). I've used what you're talking about and it's literally an overlay with buttons for baron and dragon. When those camps die, you click the button on your overlay and it saves the time for you and alerts you when it comes back up. Basically the same as writing it down/putting it in chat only you don't have to write it down/put it in chat.

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

Yeah I myself don't use either of those. But I don't have a problem with the auto-timers on drag/baron/buffs 'cause its basically putting a clipboard on your screen for reminders. Honestly I wish league had something in-game like this to make jungling/counterjungling and awareness better for a whole team.

This however, turns someone with **** or below average mechanical skill into probably a diamond level player as long as they have decent map awareness and decision making.

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

bump (not gonna let this thread die) I think people need to know so be prepared to get annoyed by me GD. Please upvote so riot notices this sooner though.

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

Lol why does nobody care about this? I guess people are too mad about rammus/fiddle/lucian nerfs in the future to care about stuff that could potentially be way more detrimental to the game.

If I was Mid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2013

This has been around for like a year, hope you know that

Imaybackstab

12-04-2013

I didn't know its been around for that long. But I'm just kinda looking for indication that Riot has tried in some way to detect the usage of this program or at least prevent it from working.

12345 ... 6