[Guide] The Definitive Dinger - Rocket to the face

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noviate

12-28-2009

amumu bad? you must be kidding. as for the rocket portion, I've played heimer in a lot of games and often times I go the distance with most kills and least deaths. Rockets currently are the best thing for heimer. Not only does it have ridiculous range, it also deals a LOT of damage. I've killed a LOT of people by rushing to lvl 5 rockets asap. Personally, I would get weqwerwewerweqqqq as my skill build. I also find that (especially with rockets maxed) majais soulstealer really wins out. I find myself between 10-15 stacks on average which gives a LOT of AP for very cheap price. My item build is meki pendant - boots of swiftness - majais soulstealer - ralais sceptre - codex - deathfire grasp - angels guardian (if the game goes on long enough)

GrimGriz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
Void staff first is awful, only good if they get magic resist
Based on your feedback I mixed things up a little and liked the results. Going ToG first actually makes more sense since you're adding to maximum mana. The Sapphire crystal portion usually gives you enough mana to make it to 600 gold to finish the ToG - and as soon as you get the 600 you should recall, get it, and teleport back.

I've also found that I'm leaning even heavier on skilling up rockets before turrets. 2-3 turrets is really plenty to work with during the laning phase and the stronger the rockets the more deterrent they are to people trying to attack the turrets.

As such I've updated both the item and skilling sections.

GrimGriz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noviate View Post
amumu bad? you must be kidding. as for the rocket portion, I've played heimer in a lot of games and often times I go the distance with most kills and least deaths. Rockets currently are the best thing for heimer. Not only does it have ridiculous range, it also deals a LOT of damage. I've killed a LOT of people by rushing to lvl 5 rockets asap. Personally, I would get weqwerwewerweqqqq as my skill build. I also find that (especially with rockets maxed) majais soulstealer really wins out. I find myself between 10-15 stacks on average which gives a LOT of AP for very cheap price. My item build is meki pendant - boots of swiftness - majais soulstealer - ralais sceptre - codex - deathfire grasp - angels guardian (if the game goes on long enough)
I'd have a really hard time not getting some turrets at lower level. They just have too much income generating potential since they can last-hit for you. I have played with the soulstealer as well, but it's too stressful for me. I don't die often, but sometimes staying alive is too dependent on other people (your team or theirs), and the idea of losing the stacks is bothersome. Situationally it can be good, but I just like ToG and archangel's and such better.

How are you liking Rylai's? I'm usually either far enough away when I use a rocket that I don't think slowing would be worth it (as opposed to magic resist removal/penetration), or they die fast enough them being slowed isn't a concern.

GrimGriz

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Added Early Game Lane control section:

Quote:
The main goals early in the game are:
1. Survive.
2. Prevent the enemy from making gold.
3. Get the easy kills.

Survive. The first part is simple and really hard. Be careful. Particularly when you push the enemy up against their turret - keep in mind that their friends might come from the river. Don't be afraid to ask for a lane switch if the champion matchups are too severe against you.

Prevent the enemy from making gold. The best way to do this is to push them up against their tower. When you do so, their tower gets a lot of the last-hits on your creeps - which means your enemy isn't getting them. I like to place my first turret at the rocky ledge across from the bushes near the river, and then progressively close the lane towards the bushes.
-When you can, stand in front of your turrets. Your cooldown is too low to just give ranged enemies free access to wax your turrets. Use your wrenches to the face. Try and get your lane-mate to help protect your turrets too, it's a team game.
-Your most vulnerable time will be between the time your minions get eaten by the tower and your next wave arrives, particularly when their minions are marching into your turrets. Turrets are stupid, and don't seem to care if an enemy hero is trying to gaffle you. If they're busy shooting your enemies minions, they'll keep doing so. Keep your wits about you and be ready to run/stun/fight.
-When enemy minion waves are approaching, hop in front of your turrets and get their aggro and lead them away from your turrets but within their firing range. This gives them more pings against the minions than if you let them march strait at your turrets - which in turn means your turrets will take less damage. If your graphic settings are high enough, you'll see an orange border around minions when they aggro onto you.

Get the easy kills. It's really easy to get into rocket range to finish off a weakened foe standing next to their tower. Be aware of how much damage your rockets will do and how much life they have left. The towers won't shoot you until your attack hits, so sometimes it's a good idea to throw a grenade behind your target (so they run into where it is going to explode when they see it coming), and then fire a rocket. Just don't linger or go for the wrench throw - probably not worth it.

Regarding Stealthers - If Evelynn or the like is in your lane, wait until 750 to go buy your Tear of the Goddess and pick up the vision ward. If you get first blood you might go ahead and get Oracle's Elixir. Always worth it. If it keeps you alive or gets you a kill, the ward paid for itself. Act like you don't see the stealther until they commit. If you shoot them as soon as you see them they'll probably be able to get away. Be nonchalant, let them think they're invisible, and then drop a nade behind them and shove a rocket in their face.

TeeNaku

12-31-2009

for the new heiemr once you learn where w is on the keybodoard (and you upgrade it first) the rest of the game is easy, turrets are for those who dont know how to play heimer early game

CowFu

12-31-2009

To play Heimer

Rally/Exhaust - Rally flag makes your turrets really scary, exhaust makes sure the moron trying to beat on you turret dies

step 1) get AP (start with rod of ages) and FFFAAAARRRRMMMM
step 2) push mid with your team
step 3) make high AP turret base (half moon shape covering the middle 70% of the lane)
step 4) guard your turrets and get survivability items
step 5) Have your 4-man push the other lanes

This puts the enemy in an awkward situation, they can either push against your turrets (between grenade and exhaust you should be able to take 1-2 out with you) or defend the 4-man push allowing you to do damage to the undefended one

.:Im not low ELO
.:I know this doesnt work every time against every enemy, a skillful player needs to use his disables and juke between his turrets, playing heimer without utilizing turrets is pretty stupid