Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL on Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks is BUGGY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PiGuy3014

12-03-2013

I've noticed a couple of bugs that have appeared since upgrading my OS to 10.9, but only one of them game-breaking.

1) Every time I die, the game freezes for about a second. It's a disadvantage when you're playing champs like Zyra, Kog'ma, and Karthus. It also sometimes does this when I take massive amounts of damage, guarantying my death even though I may be Zilean, or be trying to pop my Zhonya's. This NEEDS to be fixed.
2) The client crashes after each game. After I click on the button to exit the game, I get a black screen for about a minute. Then the black screen disappears to be replaced with the LoLclient and an apple error message saying "The program "_______" quit unexpectedly. The logs will be sent to apple". I may be paraphrasing a bit, as I'm not looking at the error message right now.
3) Most of the time, upon starting LoL Launcher, it spits back an error message saying "Another instance of the launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it?" I only click once, so I'm not running multiple. If I choose 'Close', LoL Launcher gets quit, If I choose 'Terminate', Sometimes LoLclient runs, sometimes nothing happens ever and I can only fix this state by force quitting LoL Launcher and reopening it. (I'm actually looking at the error message this time.)

The 2nd and 3rd bugs definitely are not as important as the first bug, but are annoying bugs nonetheless.
Anyone else having problems with these bugs?

AcydRayne

12-03-2013

I have been having the same issues. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Mike4Real

12-03-2013

Number 1 and number 2 are happening to me on Snow Leopard so I don't think its Mavericks causing that for you. I know Riot is aware of the freezing upon death problem and they said they will try to fix it on the next patch. They said they can't reproduce it though so who knows what will happen. I wish they would tell us if the fixes are implemented on PBE so that we can test them there. I agree with you it does REALLY piss me off too. Literally cannot time Zhonyas, barrier and a few other things when close to death right now.

Number 2 is something to do with the 3.14 patch. Pretty much after every game it says the game has crashed even though it hasn't.

I don't have number 3 happening so that might be 10.9 related. Not too sure on that one.

Hopefully they fix them all soon. These recent patches have been a nightmare for us.

arkhammer

12-04-2013

OP, #3 is happening to me too (10.9, rMBP), and the issue is persistent even following a restart of the OS.

Musician14

12-04-2013

I have had these for a while, I thought it was just my computer, but apperantly its not. Yes, this used to happen in snow leopard, but it is happening WAY more in Mavericks and its really annoying me. Another problem I am having is whenever the game ends, I just enter this black screen of death and nothing happens for like 3 min, by the time I am in the after game chat, everyone leaves and can't say anything. Is there a way to fix this PLEASE RIOT!!!

PiGuy3014

12-05-2013

Musician14 gives a good point. I cannot partake in the after-game chat, and I slow down my friends when they want to que another game quickly.
It's nice to know that Roit are "working" on the first bug. Lets see if it gets fixed the next patch. (Fingers crossed)

If I were Jesus

12-06-2013

All of these happen to me and I'm still on 10.7.5 Mountain Lion

overlander398

12-08-2013

I'm getting similar issues as well on my mid 2011 imac on the latest version of mavericks.

TheRoadstar

12-12-2013

I'm also running Mavericks, and I've experienced bugs 1 and 2, but never 3. The game will freeze for a couple of seconds after certain things happen, like Pantheon stunning me for example. This freeze usually results in my death. I also get the black screen after every match. I've found that after I click "victory' (or defeat in RARE instances lol), if I then press cmd tab, I'll be at the post-game screen within 5 seconds or so. If I don't it'll just stay black screened.

Another interesting bug I got today was in an ARAM. After the game loaded, it was zoomed way out. The entire game map took up only about 3/4 of the screen space. I tried zooming in but could only zoom in a little. None of the champions or name tags could be seen. I tried changing my resolution, hoping that by reloading the video the problem would correct itself, but it didn't work. I was still getting a bird's eye view of the bridge. The only way to fix it was to close the game and reconnect. This is now happening in every ARAM I play on the OSX client. I can't join the game until it's 2:20-2:40 into it, putting me at a disadvantage every match.

That brings me to the next problem I have with the Mac client. The Mac client loads and runs much slower than the Windows client. I'm running Bootcamp with OSX Mavericks and Windows 7 so the game is running on the same machine no matter which client I use, and the game loads much, much slower in OSX than in Windows. That creates a serious problem when you run into a bug, like the one I mentioned int he previous paragraph, and have to reload the game.

This is why I hate being forced to update software. I never update working software unless forced to do so because the update often turns a working program into a buggy or completely non-functional one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unfortunately, some of my other software no longer supported Snow Leopard, so I had no choice but to "upgrade" to Mavericks. Mavericks, so far, has made my League client buggy and slow and The Witcher will no longer load at all.

TheRoadstar

12-13-2013

The problems I was having seem to be mostly fixed in the 3.15 patch. I no longer seem to get the black screen of death after a match, nor do I seem to start ARAMs with a view from the space shuttle. However, games still load slower than in Windows.