300 RP Bonus for Riot Point Purchasers!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragesauce

12-22-2010

Umm. How bout you give the 300 RP to anybody who's already given you I dunno. A hundred dollars or more. You guys need to seriously work on how you keep people giving you money, not how you get the first purchase. It's a great game, and it's free- People want to give you money. But people don't want to feel cheated. Offering a digital skin for $10 one day and then $5 the next, with not even a portion of RP reimbursed to those foolish enough to pay full price, is a great way to make people never pay you in full again. Providing those that already have the skin, that DO show up on the day of a sale, some sort of reimbursement does not seem like an unsurmountable project. Every person I know refuses to give you guys another dime until you do some sort of PRIOR customer appreciation project. You had thousands of players who gave you money before you ever had your first sale, who've now been collectively cheated out of thousands upon thousands of RP. My own personal tally is over 2000 RP that I feel should be reimbursed in some way due to sales that were introduced, and the original folly that the digital collector's pack cost less than $30 of riot points, but cost $30 direct from the site. I know for a fact that there are thousands of other players in similar situations whom, at the very least, are hesitant to give you guys money and spend riot points, not because you aren't offering products we want, but because you are failing your marketing and customer relations. Please note that I am not talking about the quality of the game and any gameplay implementations, which you are all fantastic about, I am talking about the fact that me and my closest four friends that play have given you over $500 between us, and not a single one of us feels we've been adequately taken care of for our loyalty.

Aokidoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

I love it!

Zaos Naria

12-22-2010

Yay this means i can get tundra warwick for "free" ish

Haizinator

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragesauce View Post
Umm. How bout you give the 300 RP to anybody who's already given you I dunno. A hundred dollars or more. You guys need to seriously work on how you keep people giving you money, not how you get the first purchase. It's a great game, and it's free- People want to give you money. But people don't want to feel cheated. Offering a digital skin for $10 one day and then $5 the next, with not even a portion of RP reimbursed to those foolish enough to pay full price, is a great way to make people never pay you in full again. Providing those that already have the skin, that DO show up on the day of a sale, some sort of reimbursement does not seem like an unsurmountable project. Every person I know refuses to give you guys another dime until you do some sort of PRIOR customer appreciation project. You had thousands of players who gave you money before you ever had your first sale, who've now been collectively cheated out of thousands upon thousands of RP. My own personal tally is over 2000 RP that I feel should be reimbursed in some way due to sales that were introduced, and the original folly that the digital collector's pack cost less than $30 of riot points, but cost $30 direct from the site. I know for a fact that there are thousands of other players in similar situations whom, at the very least, are hesitant to give you guys money and spend riot points, not because you aren't offering products we want, but because you are failing your marketing and customer relations. Please note that I am not talking about the quality of the game and any gameplay implementations, which you are all fantastic about, I am talking about the fact that me and my closest four friends that play have given you over $500 between us, and not a single one of us feels we've been adequately taken care of for our loyalty.
It is a sale. Whenever they put a champion skin on sale, do they refund everyone who has already bought the skin for full price? This is a promotional event for Christmas, and notice how they said the 14th, which is when the Christmas themed skins went up for sale. So basically they are thanking the people who bought RP for the Christmas skins and everyone after.

When the Xbox 360 came out at a whopping 400$, did people expect to get refunded once the price lowered to 300$? Just about everything will devalue over time. If you buy it early, expect it to become cheaper later. You aren't getting cheated out of anything, it is business.

AntiHeart

12-22-2010

Getting me a Silent Night Sona. And Sona.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragesauce View Post
Hey, I bought a computer five years ago, but now its totally outdated and I can find all the parts for it super cheap! Obviously, the computer company owes me some form of reimbursement.

Or here, maybe this one is a little more relevant:
I bought a pair of shoes a couple months ago. They're on clearance now for 50% off. Clearly, I deserve 50% of my money to be refunded to me.

You're being ridiculous in asking for reimbursement because of sales. A customer appreciation thing would be nice to have though.

SaikyoSummoner

12-22-2010

I'm actually heavily contemplating buying RP now, since I just got a gift card. Problem is, which character is my main and has decent costumes...?

Wo0o0o0ble

12-22-2010

How about some love for those whom have purchased riot points throughout the year.

We still support you, just not in this specific 2 weeks.

Aryzula

Recruiter

12-22-2010

i love u

HowlingKommando

12-22-2010

Good job Riot!