Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ulanopo's Knowledge Base

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I came here to complain about my LeaverBuster ban.”

We cannot help you. LeaverBuster bans are the product of a separate system. Players have no input or control over this system.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I only left one game and it was for a good reason. I shouldn’t have been banned.”

Two quick things:
[1] No one in this forum can help you with a LeaverBuster ban. That’s a separate system and we have no oversight or control over it.
[2] A LeaverBuster ban occurs because you have accumulated a large number of leaves and/or AFK time. It is your responsibility to fix your **** before it reaches that level.

That established, there is NO good reason to leave a match. The system is tuned so that you can leave if you have to, but only on an infrequent basis. It’s all the leaves and AFKs before the one that triggered LeaverBuster that led to your ban. It’s like using up all your sick leave to go to the beach, then complaining that you don’t have any PTO when you fall ill. YOU chose to use up your leeway with the system.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“What do I have to do to lower my LeaverBuster rating?”

Play games and not leave them.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I was looking at this case and I don’t think it should have been pardoned.”

It happens. Lyte says that sometimes people get an especially lenient set of jurors. They don’t see this as much of a problem because their numbers show that people who are genuinely toxic are likely to just keep coming back to the Tribunal until they hit permaban.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I was looking at this case and I don’t think it should have been punished.”

WARNING: If you link a case from EUW, we WILL say mean things to you. The EUW Tribunal has a history of convictions that do not jibe with how we do things here on the NA servers. Bringing a EUW case to us is the equivalent of leaving a burning bag of dog feces on our porch.

The first thing to consider is whether or not your criteria for what constitutes a punishable case differs from the rest of the community. If you're one of those people who think that there should be few, if any, convictions for speech, then you're definitely not in the mainstream.

Also, it’s just as likely that a case will get an unusually strict set of jurors as lenient ones. If you genuinely believe that a case has been misjudged, put in a support ticket, even if it's not your own. Riot does reverse convictions. It's rare, but it happens.

It's worth noting that a Riot review looks over the entirety of the player's behavior, not just the matches that were included in the case. It's possible that there isn't anything in the case, but the conviction is upheld because of things we can't see. This is as it should be because Riot cares about behavior, not process. Removing toxic players remains their first priority.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“Judges just spam punish. I know this because the Tribunal punishes more than 90% of cases.”

When Riot did a numbers pass, they found only 27 jurors who were spamming. We don’t know if they were spamming punish because it was not long after a movement to promote pardon spam. That’s a really small number of bad apples.

Also, Judges that spam punish* are liable to lose their voting privileges. Source (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=40199994#post40199994).

(Thank you, Elduris for the sourcing)

* - Given that this was written before the "spam pardon" movement, it stands to reason that anyone who spams can lose their voting privileges.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“Giving judges IP rewards makes them biased.”

They removed IP rewards more than a year ago.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“Having ‘justice ratings’ and tracking streaks makes judges biased.”

The TBI community is split on this issue. On the one hand, there are some jurors who get into the minigame of trying to have the high score. These people often come to the forum to complain when they “get one wrong” or to ask for advice on how to manipulate the system. We dislike these people because they are bad for the reputation of the Tribunal and ultimately bad for the community. We don’t know how many of them there are and how much influence they have over the Tribunal.

On the other hand, getting people to consider positions other than their own is one of the primary purposes of the Tribunal. When someone sits down and thinks about other people’s perspectives and values, they’re much more likely to be conform to League’s social contract, which is what Riot wants.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I see things in this forum that would earn a punish if they were said in game.”

Negativity in game is really bad and HAS to be punished.
Negativity on the forums doesn’t carry the same consequences, so we can be more lenient.
There are explicit rules about conduct in game. On the forums, not so much.
Free speech is more important in venues where ideas are being debated.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I see cases where the vote was punish but the result reads ‘NONE’.”

These are cases where Riot manually escalated the case before the Tribunal had rendered a verdict. Those people were punished.