Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ulanopo's Knowledge Base

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“My email said that my ban would end today, but I still can’t log in.”

Riot hands out suspensions in 24-hour blocks, starting from the time listed in the email. Please remember that Riot uses PST (GMT-8), so you might have to do some conversion.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I didn’t get an email about my ban.”

Check your spam folder. Many of the main providers throw Riot mails in there. Also, some people make accounts solely for the purpose of validating an account, but then forget that the account isn’t tied to their primary email. Don’t let that be you.

If you can’t get to your email account or you absolutely cannot find it, click on your name above and select the "change my email address" option. Once you have done this, put in a support ticket asking for them to resend the email.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“They didn’t include a Reform Card in the email.”

Make sure that you have graphics enabled in the email. It’s actually a picture link.

It’s also possible that you were manually banned or that you received a LeaverBuster ban. You should recheck the email to see if this is the case.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I want to complain about my ban, but I didn’t link my Reform Card.”

We get a lot of that here and, sadly, you’re not likely to get much in the way of sympathy or help until you post the Card. We need the context and we need to know that we’re getting the whole story. Don’t take it personally, just post the Card.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I don’t think that what I did in this case merits the punishment I received.”

Your punishment isn’t determined by your behavior in the case. It’s determined by your demonstration that you’re not interested in changing your behavior. It’s called the “punishment volcano” – the more often and more frequently you are punished, the more likely you are to get permanent account closure.

Further, Riot makes that determination, not the Tribunal. We only vote on whether or not punishable behavior is present in the case – we don’t vote on how much of it there is or what should be done about it. For punishments prior to permaban, the decision may or may not be automated. It’s worth noting that Riot thinks that the system assigns the wrong punishment in only about 0.5% of cases, meaning that the algorithm is very accurate. They have said that some lengthy bans and all permanent bans are manually reviewed.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“They only showed you (2-5) cases. They didn’t show you all the games where I wasn’t toxic.”

We get this one a lot, so don’t be surprised if you get some pretty snippy replies. I like to explain it thus:

If I come over to your house once a month and take a screaming dump in your cereal bowl, are you going to give me a pass because I only ruined 3% of your breakfasts?

Of course not. We’re not going to give you a pass because the other people in your matches don’t care that you’re not ruining games that they will never see. They care that you’re ruining their match – hence the report.

Keep in mind that the average player is reported in approximately 5% of their matches. It takes being reported in 15-25% of your matches to trigger a Tribunal case. This means that there are many games where you were probably toxic, but they only show a limited number. They do this to help limit bias against you. In the olden days, we would see cases with 10-12 matches. Believe me, it was an effort to remain objective when you saw that many reports.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I was only toxic in N games. I didn’t do anything wrong in the other matches.”

Jurors are instructed to vote punish if they find any punishable behavior or if you meet the more nebulous and subjective standard of “I would not want to play with this person.” The moment that you admit that you were toxic, you’re done. Learn from what you did and move on.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I ask for reports because they were ruining my fun and I want to make sure they are punished.”

Yeah, I know. People suck. A lot. And it’s natural to be angry with them. What you can’t do, however, is harass them and “report begging” is generally considered to be harassment. Riot has said that “reported” is the most toxic word in League.

http://youtu.be/a-5yKdpR0kU?t=34m10s

(Assistance from Butterfly44)

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“I didn’t do what I was reported for which means it’s a false report. I shouldn’t be punished for that.”

Actually, there are many reasons why the reports might not jibe with your misbehavior:

* The reporter clicked on the wrong person in the post-game (This used to be more common when the roster would shift as people entered the lobby. It doesn’t do that any longer.).
* The reporter reported the whole team.
* The reporter was too lazy to pick the “correct” report. This is more likely where they fail to leave a note.
* The reporter wanted to report for multiple infractions and simply picked one.
* The reporter is trying to job the system by reporting you for something that they believe the Tribunal is more likely to punish.
* The reporter wants to report you for something that they know isn’t punishable (most commonly poor play)

Now, obviously some of these are genuinely false reports, but jurors aren’t asked to determine the validity of the reports. Instead, we are specifically instructed to look for ANY punishable behavior. In fact, an informal poll of TBI regulars revealed that most of them only skim the reports, if they look at them at all. Most of them go directly to the chat log because that’s where the vast majority of toxic behavior is found.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

12-01-2013

“If this is how it’s going to be, I don’t want to play any more!”

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (TOU)
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS®
III. ACCOUNT INFORMATION
E. Suspension/Termination.
2.By You. You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason or no reason, by contacting Riot Games at [email]support@riotgames.com[/email].

Yeah, it’s just that easy.