Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Alistar Needs a Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethaneus

12-01-2013

I have detailed my thoughts on what we should do about him.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1rubno/alistar_needs_a_rework/

Lilwoody

12-01-2013

The rework is meh...What do you want to do with Alistar? The problem with Alistar is his mana cost are too high and his damage is too low. Also, on bot he is out classed by too many other supports because of his kit. So, if you want to rework him try to put him into a different position like top or jungle.

Personally, I like jungling him. If you take away his trample damage he can't jungle. I see you took the ad off his ulti. I think that's a bad idea. Make his abilities scale with ad or hp this may make jungling him more viable. Alistar naturally wants to stack all hp items because his ulti makes him a tank no matter what he builds. And, when you play him you feel like a bruiser without dps so perhaps ad scaling is best. So, if you make his trample pulv and headbutt scale with ad/hp he can jungle again and get out of bot lane.

Think something like....

Trample now scales with 10% of alistar's maximum hp.
Pulverize now scales with 80% of his total AD.
Headbutt now scales with 120% of his bonus AD.
Triumphant roar now scales with 0.8 ap.
Unbreakable will stays the same. Perhaps, you could give him bonus ap on his ulti too.

Idk I just making things up now I've never been good with numbers. But the 10% hp scaling on trample is a damn good idea.

Lilwoody

12-01-2013

LOL I just noticed that if his Trample scales with 10% of max hp in end game he could be doing 400+ damage a second with his trample...that's not ok. Need to scale that back quite a bit or make it scale with bonus hp, ya bonus hp would be good. And, Triumphant roar should scale with Alistar's max hp. Something like 5%...I'm not sure what the right number is here because you don't want his heal getting out of control. 5% hp at lv 1-3 is like 5...? and in end game could be like 175-250...? Still strong but probably not over powering, might have to increase the cooldown. But, hey at least this way you can build ad and hp on him and be a tanky dps that has end game scaling. ATM Alistar's ratios all suck and none of them are worth chasing. It's very difficult to carry a game as a CC bot with no damage and high mana cost. He's almost useless and does very poorly in solo Q because he relies on his team for kills too much.

I'd like to hear what riot has to say about this. Alistar has been sitting at the bottom of the pile for too long. 2nd worst win rate in the game and I haven't seen them talk about a rework.

Fizz Main

12-01-2013

Alistar isn't blind pickable and he's barely useful in draft. His kit feels so... Disjointed. His CDs are too long to clear jungle well, and he's blue reliant so he can't give that to the midlaner. All his abilities scale AP but his ult grants ad? Where did that come from? As a support he's too mana hungry and is just quite meh when you look at his items. To be effective you need to be tanky. You also need 40% cdr if you feel like using any ability more than once in a team fight. You also need move speed, plus armor and MR items. He needs all of these things to make full use of his kit but he can never get all of them stuck on a support budget, which is coincidentally the only real place he's viable.

Venowolf

05-16-2014

He need a new passive that fit more in his kit, and totally agree his skill need to sacle with hp or AD not with AP!