Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does this work on garen????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunkyone

12-22-2010

ok was just reading up on how i want to play garen and i read that decisive strike and judgment count as physical damage. with that said does that mean that wit's end, sword of the divine and black cleaver work???

think about it judgment .5 act spd for 3sec that is 6 hits whit wit's end removing 42 mana per hit, black cleaver removing 5 armer per hit and every 4 hits adding 100dmg

WOW!

i'm at work and i just want to know if this works>>??<<
if someone could test this and get back to me that would be great!

WhyMclovin

12-22-2010

Just because something is physical damage doesn't mean it applies on-hit effects.

Drunkyone

12-22-2010

Judgment - Garen performs a dance of death with his sword, dealing damage around him for 3 seconds, and reducing the duration of slows by 50%. Garen removes any slow effects on him at the start of the dance.
Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body for 3 seconds, reducing the duration of slows by 50% and dealing 15/35/55/75/95 (+) physical damage to nearby enemies every 0.5 seconds. Garen removes any slow effects on him at the start of the dance.

The bonus damage is further increased by Garen's critical strike chance. Damage to minions is reduced by 50%.
CostNo CostRange660

from what i'm reading off this site it sounds like it should

Drunkyone

12-22-2010

decisive strike is an auto-attack enhancement, and would apply on-hit effects like wit's end, black cleaver, and life steal.
judgement is just a spell that deals physical damage, and does not apply on-hit effects, so it does not add black cleaver stacks, steal life, or drain mana.

so mord's Mace of Spades - On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing damage plus bonus damage. If the target is alone, the attack deals extra damage.
On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (0.2 + ) magic damage.

If the target is alone, 140/192.5/245/297.5/350 ( + ) damage is dealt instead.
CostCosts 25/32/39/46/53 HealthRange600

so would give count at hitting 3 times for sword of the divine and add black and wit's end to all 3 ?

JokySNB

12-22-2010

so why is then "applies on hit effects" in MFs Q spell, or Urgots Q or some others spells descriptions? judgement does not applies on hit effects

Carados

12-22-2010

How about you make a practice game to test if this works? That'll answer your question.

Drunkyone

12-22-2010

if someone could test this and get back to me that would be great!************************

carados would you test this for us ?

Redenbacher

12-22-2010

Quote:
Drunkyone:
decisive strike is an auto-attack enhancement, and would apply on-hit effects like wit's end, black cleaver, and life steal.
judgement is just a spell that deals physical damage, and does not apply on-hit effects, so it does not add black cleaver stacks, steal life, or drain mana.

so mord's Mace of Spades - On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing damage plus bonus damage. If the target is alone, the attack deals extra damage.
On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (0.2 + ) magic damage.

If the target is alone, 140/192.5/245/297.5/350 ( + ) damage is dealt instead.
CostCosts 25/32/39/46/53 HealthRange600

so would give count at hitting 3 times for sword of the divine and add black and wit's end to all 3 ?

No. Mace of Spades would apply the on-hit effect for the primary target of the enhanced auto-attack. The 'echoes' will not apply those effects to their respective targets.

Similarly, Sivir's ricochet only applies on-hit effects to the primary target of the auto-attack.

Unless stated otherwise, on-hit effects are only applied by auto-attacks. In that regard, a spell that enhances your auto-attack is still an auto-attack, and therefore will apply the on-hit effect to the target of the auto-attack.

Carados

12-22-2010

Quote:
Drunkyone:
if someone could test this and get back to me that would be great!************************

carados would you test this for us ?

No, because I know the answer:

Judgment doesn't apply on hit effects, and never has.

Drunkyone

12-22-2010

i actually don't know how mace of spades (mord) or devastating blow (poppy) fit into it all. they're the only two attack enhancers that convert damage type (and iirc, a portion of poppy's db can crit), and i haven't done tests with them. maybe a vet mord or poppy player would know for sure how those skills work with on-hit effects.

i'm a vet poppy and i know crit works i have crit for over 2k with her, as for life steal i never buy it with her