Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Armor Pen or Crit Damage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyphinated

12-22-2010

What runes would be better for Gangplank and Shaco?

I'm just wondering if Armor Pen. runes got nerfed (I think they did a couple of patches ago) enough to make Crit Damage runes a viable alternative for certain champions.

Carados

12-22-2010

Crit damage is a worthless rune.

Wonton55

12-22-2010

I should add, though, that it can be mathematically proven that flat damage reds are statistically better 99% of the time than armor pen reds.

Carados

12-22-2010

Quote:
Wonton55:
I should add, though, that it can be mathematically proven that flat damage reds are statistically better 99% of the time than armor pen reds.

From about level 1 to about level 4, assuming no Doran's Blade.

Ebonclaw

12-22-2010

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
crit damage runes are numerically very terrible. if their values were doubled, they'd be an acceptable rune choice in very specific situations. right now though they are absolutely terrible.

Did a Blind Pick the other day, a guy on my team picked GP and was bragging about how he was going to destroy the other team with his special runeset.

Oddly enough, the other team had a pirate as well. In fact, their pirate was a monster, blowing holes in people left and right.

So, at some point, our pirate is something like 1-4-8, and I ask him, "what is your runeset, anyways". "Crit Damage." ....

fmwyso

Recruiter

12-22-2010

Unfortunately, the data shows very clear love towards Armor Penetration. Which sucks because I bought loads of crit damage for tryndamere but learned it is useless. GG.

biomorph

12-22-2010

no offense but ... has anyone counted how many times this has been asked? =P

In any case try this
(http://lmgtfy.com/?q=armor+penetration+vs+critical+damage+site%3Aleagueoflegends.com)

CooLTanG

Recruiter

12-22-2010

Quote:
Wonton55:

Got a link with some math to prove this? I'm quite interested.