Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

kog'maw dps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

welner

12-22-2010

'

I have just bought kog'maw and played a couple of games with him and I have found that the most effective build is

1 doran's blade and a health pot
bersaker's greaves and 2 doran's blades
madred's
sell dorans and get some lifesteal like the 20% banner
guinsoos rageblade
black cleaver or last whisper
I am experimenting with the last one but i usually don't get the chance.

What do you people think of this and do you think that any other build could work on kog?

'

Gunflame

12-22-2010

After you get madred's it doesn't matter what you get:
- Malady
- Youmuu's
- IE
- Banshee
- Mallet
- Guardian Angel

People usually get something that gives him attack speed since it works extremely well with madred's BR and skill combo.

People usually dont get guinsoo on him... while it is not horrible there are better items.

Redenbacher

12-22-2010

Magic Penetration is also incredibly underrated. I highly recommend Sorc Shoes, and possibly a Haunting Guise. You're relying heavily on %HP based MAGIC damage. All of your abilities deal magic damage. MPen is the easiest means to boost that damage.

Also, pay attention to what your enemies are stacking. If they start packing on armor, you may want to opt for more AP, such as Nashor's Tooth. The AP will boost all of your abilities, and give a few more % to your W. If they're packing Magic Resistance, than more AD will be more valuable.

Mambazo

12-22-2010

Malady synergizes well with bloodrazor, remember BR's damage is mitigated by magic resist and malady lowers it, as well as giving you a nice chunk of attack speed. I'd avoid mallet, Kog has sick range with his W and ult and shouldn't be in the middle of the fight, if you find yourself getting focused its either your own fault or your team is doing a poor job of protecting their carry. I'd also avoid Youmuu's, a lot of people use it on ranged heroes which I do not get, the armor pen is nice but Kog doesn't need CDR that much, there are more important stats, and remember the active is only extended by MELEE attacks. you wouldn't believe how many people I've met who didn't know that.

brainlizard

12-22-2010

I haven't tried the new malady on Kog, but it makes a lot of sense to me as a killer item on him.

As far as more dmg vs more survivability, that boils down to your team, and is a call you'll have to make. If your team can initiate/CC well, build that damage and melt face. Otherwise, I'd get a veil.

Fewjative

12-22-2010

This is my build and works well:
Dorans shield ( sword is a waste because you get more hp regen w/ shield and the extra dmg isnt going to help you as much as armor imo)
Madreds bloodrazor
Malady (if squishy team)
Black Cleaver
Phantom Dancer
IE
FM for HP and awesome passive
Merc boots cause u have no escape

welner

12-22-2010

Nice i will test going for malady and get sorcerers boots but i tend to play agressive and as in low elo i'm lvl15 almost no tank can do they're job done if i have a tank at all, is there any special way to not get focused at the beginning and die? I usually get like 12 10 5

Redenbacher

12-22-2010

The only problem I have with Malady on Kog'Maw is that the MReduction takes 6 hits to stack up... you want the MPen instantly for your Q, E, and R. As a result, I'd rather go for Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise after Madred's, with MPen runes gives you roughly 50 MPen - taking care of all base resistances. From there, either go for attack speed and AP, or attack speed and AD, depending on what the enemy team is building.