Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need spell vamp item without mana regen or ad, due to changed Will of the Ancients

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hıggs

12-11-2013

I'm a diehard Kat player, and now my whole midgame is destroyed by the useless wota mana regen.

There is no spellvamp item worth buying for manaless champs.
Whereas before I benefitted from rushing the GP5 Kages Lucky Pick, with just enough AP to keep pressure on the enemy mid.

Now my entire midgame Kat is crippled by this WOTA change and spellvamp is not even viable to build with the current item set.

This might not apply to higher teirs or leagues, but as a silver player, I find myself forced out of lane VS heavy AP mids that have seemingly unlimited sustain with just 1 mana item.

I don't want a new item that makes Kat super OP and permanently banned, but just a decent AP/SPELLVAMP item that is worth buying on a manless champs, with pieces in the recipe that make it worth rushing as a first item next to boots for decent damage output, and mid early/midgame sustainability.

Krosan

12-11-2013

Quote:
hıggs:
I'm a diehard Kat player, and now my whole midgame is destroyed by the useless wota mana regen.

There is no spellvamp item worth buying for manaless champs.
Whereas before I benefitted from rushing the GP5 Kages Lucky Pick, with just enough AP to keep pressure on the enemy mid.

Now my entire midgame Kat is crippled by this WOTA change and spellvamp is not even viable to build with the current item set.

This might not apply to higher teirs or leagues, but as a silver player, I find myself forced out of lane VS heavy AP mids that have seemingly unlimited sustain with just 1 mana item.

I don't want a new item that makes Kat super OP and permanently banned, but just a decent AP/SPELLVAMP item that is worth buying on a manless champs, with pieces in the recipe that make it worth rushing as a first item next to boots for decent damage output, and mid early/midgame sustainability.

I'm sorry, but... you're... just wrong. Flat-out wrong on multiple points.

New WOTA is gold-efficient even without the mana regeneration and is worth buying even on manaless champions.

Nicarasu

12-15-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:
One, because apparently people still don't get this, THE NEW WOTA IS OBVIOUSLY JUST A TEMPORARY PATCH JOB BECAUSE THEY CHANGED SOTSW. IT IS NOT A PERMANENT CHANGE, IT IS NOT THE DIRECTION THEY ARE GOING WITH IT, IT'S JUST A TEMPORARY SOLUTION SO THAT COMMON BUILD PATHS AREN'T OVERLY DISRUPTED.

Two, SotSW cost 550 gold less than WotA and granted CDR and neutral objective dominance. I wouldn't call being able to solo dragon while the jungler is out ganking terribly selfish. If people actually USED WotA, it might've been preserved, but as it was it was not a good item and its niche was overtaken by a cheaper item that had several unique perks, like granting Morde the ability to instantly clear Wraiths.

I think your all caps key is broken. Also, while I agree with the majority of the things you are saying, I also think that the change on the WOTA did quite heavily disrupt some build paths. For example, it was a good item to support your team and add survivability on a mid or ap support. Also, it was indispensible as support morgana, some morde builds going for max spell vamp, as well as in many other spell vamp builds. What they did, in fact, do, is change the number of viable spell vamp items to two. So, at least for now, they have heavily disrupted several build paths.