Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Need spell vamp item without mana regen or ad, due to changed Will of the Ancients

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amphetaminesss

Junior Member

11-30-2013

In the topic of spell vamp, not sustain:

Need spell vamp item without mana regen or ad, due to changed Will of the Ancients
(for cooldown based ap champions or full ap champions who don't need mana regen).

(Sometimes) upgrading the hextech revolver feels like a waste of gold towards a build, in such a case; gaining unneeded attack dammage (Hextech Gunblade) or mana regen (Will of the Ancients) while upgrading hextech revolver.

It feels like we're being forced between the two for deciding on getting spell vamp items, and leading to an undesirable integrity of a final build.

What do you think we should do?
Add another upgradable option for the hextech revolver? (Hextech rifle)? A cheaper upgrade of the hextech revolver that just gives additional spell-vamp in par with the other upgrades? Add another Spell vamp item? Give a different item some spell vamp? Suck it up and get spell vamp quintessences and opt out of hex-tech revolver, or rely on other forms of sustain?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

11-30-2013

And has been repeated an uncountable number of times, WotA is just a patch job. It's literally just a copy of the old Spirit of the Spectral Wraith that every mage, whether or not they used mana, was buying. If you wanted WotA to remain a purely AP/SV item, perhaps you should have bought it more frequently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony95xx

Member

11-30-2013

But the old WOTA was a niche item for manaless champs who made very good use of it (mordekaiser and vlad), and now their build integrity takes a hit. In fact IMO the old WOTA wasnt good enough to be considered optimal on Mordekaiser, but their wasn't an item that did the job better so most Morde players were stuck with it, and now its Ap is down by 30, no more aura, AND I have to pay for useless mana and CD that I don't even need? just junk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight of Right

Senior Member

11-30-2013

No kidding, Spell Vamp is not life steal, it doesn't allow you to continue hitting something to heal to full really fast, it's used to dimish the effects of champions that cost hp to fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

11-30-2013

Apparently I haven't made myself clear: MORDEKAISER PLAYERS WERE BUYING SOTSW. MORDEKAISER PLAYERS WEREN'T BUYING WOTA. VLADAMIR PLAYERS WERE BUYING SOTSW. VLADAMIR PLAYERS WEREN'T BUYING WOTA.

Apparently I also haven't made it clear that THIS IS OBVIOUSLY JUST A QUICK PATCH JOB WHILE RIOT WORKS ON OTHER THINGS. THIS ISN'T A PERMANENT CHANGE. IT'S JUST A TEMPORARY CHANGE BECAUSE THEY NEEDED TO CHANGE SOTSW BUT DIDN'T WANT TO REMOVE THE OPTION IT WAS GIVING HEALTH BASE CHAMPS LIKE MORDE AND VLAD THAT THEY WERE ALREADY USING MORE FREQUENTLY THAN THE OLD WOTA.

Jesus christ you are some dense mother****ers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defy Logic

Senior Member

12-01-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:
Apparently I haven't made myself clear: MORDEKAISER PLAYERS WERE BUYING SOTSW. MORDEKAISER PLAYERS WEREN'T BUYING WOTA. VLADAMIR PLAYERS WERE BUYING SOTSW. VLADAMIR PLAYERS WEREN'T BUYING WOTA.

Apparently I also haven't made it clear that THIS IS OBVIOUSLY JUST A QUICK PATCH JOB WHILE RIOT WORKS ON OTHER THINGS. THIS ISN'T A PERMANENT CHANGE. IT'S JUST A TEMPORARY CHANGE BECAUSE THEY NEEDED TO CHANGE SOTSW BUT DIDN'T WANT TO REMOVE THE OPTION IT WAS GIVING HEALTH BASE CHAMPS LIKE MORDE AND VLAD THAT THEY WERE ALREADY USING MORE FREQUENTLY THAN THE OLD WOTA.

Jesus christ you are some dense mother****ers.


So they added mana regen and called it a day. Great Job!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CalciferHowel

Member

12-01-2013

Calm down people, this may be temporary, yes, but the point remains that a new spell vamp item. Would be nice. Something with a little deviation. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe not, we'll see how RIOT handles this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosan

Senior Member

12-02-2013

Quote:
Defy Logic:
So they added mana regen and called it a day. Great Job!


My God. I'll field this one so 5lacker doesn't die of apoplexy.

The old SOTSW had mana regen. In fact, it had more mana regen and less AP for the same cost before the S4 changes turned it into the live build's WOTA. It is better than the item that these characters were already buying.

The only thing you've lost is the jungle butcher passive, and I can't help but think that this was a conscious decision as well, because having that on more than one champion on a team gave a ridiculous amount of objective control. Casseopeia could solo Vilemaw on Twisted Treeline without breaking a sweat the moment she bought one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffectFX

Senior Member

12-02-2013

Just do what I do on vlad. Don't buy spell vamp every game (I was doing this even BEFORE the preseason) and go HP tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

12-02-2013

Quote:
Krosan:
My God. I'll field this one so 5lacker doesn't die of apoplexy.

The old SOTSW had mana regen. In fact, it had more mana regen and less AP for the same cost before the S4 changes turned it into the live build's WOTA. It is better than the item that these characters were already buying.

The only thing you've lost is the jungle butcher passive, and I can't help but think that this was a conscious decision as well, because having that on more than one champion on a team gave a ridiculous amount of objective control. Casseopeia could solo Vilemaw on Twisted Treeline without breaking a sweat the moment she bought one.

Thank you, person capable of actually reading. I would like to give you a hug.


123