Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

success with zilean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jericho Hill

12-22-2010

Just went 9-1-11 with zilean in a game and thought I would share my build.

9-0-21 masteries

mag pen marks

mana reg per 5/lvl seals

CDR/lvl glyphs

flat hp quints

i go boots of speed and 3 health pots

i farm till 1000g and go get tear of the goddess

then i rush arch staff

then glacial shroud

then rod of ages

game over . . . if not finish boots and frozen heart

hydrogencar

12-22-2010

Wow really helpful.

Ekir Atari

12-22-2010

Thanks for the info, Jericho!

I am curious, though, what factors caused you to decide to build like this, or is this a general build that you use for Zilean? Who were your teammates in this game? Did you solo lane? Who were you up against? Were they feeders?

Going 9/1/11 in a game is great! Do you always do that well? What strategies did you use in-game? Did your team ward dragon/baron/gank points?

Sorry about the flurry of questions, but an item build doesn't necessarily mean one will win or lose, or even that one will make a respectable showing of one's self. I played Zilean just last night and just couldn't do anything more than knocking someone to low health or helping someone escape. Then again, my team wouldn't stay together either, so that might have contributed to it (not as much as the fact that I really didn't play well, but still...). Either way, if you normally do well as Zilean, sharing some specific strategies would be most welcome!

Soft White

12-22-2010

gj d00d

Jericho Hill

12-22-2010

I win about 65% of my games with him with this build. I also take teleport and clarity for my summoner spells. focus on bombs and with ap plus the passive on arch staff mana increase increases your dmg. thats why i go glacial shroud. put ur ult on whoever is the most important to your team fights ftw

Alex Pan

12-22-2010

Shallow. Zilean is much harder to play that that.

Moonmixer

12-22-2010

This is all well and good, but Zilean functions much better as a support character.

Try this instead:
Meki Pendant + Health Pot
Chalice
Boots of Mobility
Tear
Glacial shroud
Banshee's Veil (or other defensive)
Archangel's

The goal is to get your CDR near the cap as fast as possible. With rewind and 40% CDR, you can continuously slow enemies, continuously speed an ally (and yourself, with maxed CDR), and you'll be popping your ult all over the place. I don't know the exact numbers, but you'd be surprised at how fast your ult comes back up if you're spamming rewind, which should be easy due to the tear and chalice. This is VERY annoying for the enemy team. Lategame archangel's makes your spells continue to be relevant.

Mambazo

12-22-2010

if you build your CDR up and use rewind efficiently you can use your ult every 28 seconds. Compare this to GA's revive, which revives at at static 750 health and even less mana, every 5 MINUTES.

Zilean makes and breaks games, BY HIMSELF if played optimally. CDR>AP on him