Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morde causing me problems...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WheresBravoOne

12-21-2010

Title says it all. I can't figure out how to kill him for the life of me. Seeing as I dont run a champion where Madred's Bloodrazor would benefit, I can't see myself ever getting rid of the guy. Would anyone give me some advice on how to kill him regardless of what champion im using? Please? The frustration is leading to insanity.

Carados

12-22-2010

The general advice is to ignore him and kill the rest of the team first, because he is a fat sack of HP that doesn't do anything.

If you have a choice of Mordekaiser and a tower, kill the tower, it's more threatening.

SynergyDreamer

12-22-2010

Lordy. He's pretty weak and fail, it's surprising people are still dying to him.

First I'll start off with pasting threads about him:
http://community-na.static.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=336089
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=336459

Then here are some champions that easily decimate him:
Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Cho'Gath, Dr.Mundo, Kassadain, Kennen, Kog'Maw, LeBlanc, Malzahar, Morgana, Nidalee, Ryze, Twisted Fate, and Vladimir.

And, usually I would type a lot more but I'm tired.

Clyton

12-22-2010

Without minions, Mordekaiser can be beaten 1v1 should that same Mordekaiser is full tank and does not have any item that benefits AP, which Mordekaisers usually do go full tank. Don't fear his shield, just think of it as extra health. To counter his ultimate, always use the godly Quicksilver Sash active to erase it (I think it could negate Ignites also).

Ezreal or any other ranged champs are the best counter against him as well. One skill early game should be able to deplete his shield and damage him a little. He will waste HP casting his skills to generate shield. Just repeat your skills until he's forced back.

atsmith893

12-22-2010

You may want to check to see how the morde is built first of all. With the latest update to him, some people are transitioning from a tank build, to either a hybrid or ap build, which makes him incredibly squishy compared to the former.

Since the majority though are still tank build...

Morde has no speed buff, aside from the typica ghost spell most mords run. Ranged champs can make easy work for him, staying safely out of his range. Just thing kiting. And if you ahve a slow on top of that he's toast.

Silences/Stuns murder mord players as the general rule of them as morde is never buy HP, only buy armor/mr. The idea behind that is mord players rely on their shield to continually refill to stay alive. A well timed silence/stun + focus will end him pretty quick.

As an addittional note, madreds shouldn't help you against most morde players as they typically do not stack hp.

While there are definitely ways to counter him do remember he has no taunt as well, meaning if carries, or squishies are nearby it may be a good idea to focus them first. You more or less have to use good judgement in those situations...

Redenbacher

12-22-2010

Harass. Just, harass. That is all there is to it. Stop letting him intimidate you. We're not talking about Garen's insane harass-proof regeneration, or Gragas, or Singed. Mordekaiser has no innate regeneration minus the base + items in his inventory. Harassing is very potent, just as it is on any caster.

Keep in mind that the recent patch nerfed his early game shield generation potential significantly (it is very, very difficult to maintain constant shield for the first 1-4 levels). Furthermore, that shield is very weak early on - just one or two auto-attacks depletes it, and you're chipping away at HP. A single skill will knock out the shield and deal damage.

Stop playing Mordekaiser's game, and play your own. If you sit idly by and let him farm his face off, you deserve to not be able to kill him because you let him get 150 creep kills in under 20 minutes.