Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any Blitz tips post -1.0.0.106 patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KsK Drone

12-21-2010

I usually like to browse a guide before I play a champion I'm not familiar with, but I can't find anything for Patch 1.0.0.106 til now on Blitzcrank. I'm somewhat familiar with his support/tank role and usually got a core along the lines of Soul Shroud / Glacial Shroud and situational picks afterward.

After his overdrive change a couple patches ago, I'm not sure if it was a big change or not, but it seemed to be from me reading about it.

Is it worth investing more than 1 point into Overdrive before 14?

Could I get some tips on how Blitz can be utilized better after 1...106 patch? All helps is appreciated, and I'm interested in a new take on Blitz.

shubomber

12-21-2010

I don't think the builds have changed. Sheen is pretty much a must-have first item. Then maybe Mercury's Treads, Aegis, Glacial Shroud, upgrade to Frozen Heart.

Kalshazzak

12-21-2010

overdrive is blitz's best skill to max first imo, even before the changes. Grab can stay a lvl one for the whole game, the cdr and damage isn't going to improve blitz's ability to do his job over the move speed increases that leveling overdrive will give.(being able to improved ghost 8 secs every 16 secs is huge) Also leveling overdrive faster lets play with boots 1 for an extended period of time while using money to improve the other much needed stats.

My skill order is Q-lvl1, E-lvl 2, followed by R>W>E>Q.

The recommended items for blitz are probably his best(they were updated in that patch). They make blitz a powerful off-tank with impressive tower dropping power. The manamune/boots/sheen early game makes blitz quite strong when OD/fist skill focused.

Mambazo

12-21-2010

Quote:
Kalshazzak:
overdrive is blitz's best skill to max first imo, even before the changes. Grab can stay a lvl one for the whole game, the cdr and damage isn't going to improve blitz's ability to do his job over the move speed increases that leveling overdrive will give.(being able to improved ghost 8 secs every 16 secs is huge) Also leveling overdrive faster lets play with boots 1 for an extended period of time while using money to improve the other much needed stats.

My skill order is Q-lvl1, E-lvl 2, followed by R>W>E>Q.

The recommended items for blitz are probably his best(they were updated in that patch). They make blitz a powerful off-tank with impressive tower dropping power. The manamune/boots/sheen early game makes blitz quite strong when OD/fist skill focused.

I'll agree that grab CAN be left at level 1, if you've got skillz with it and don't mind only being able to grab once every 20 seconds. But maxing overdrive first is silly. ALWAYS max powerfist first on blitzcrank. It allows him to last hit with incredible ease along with his ults passive and sheen, and lets him save his ult's active for blowing up champs. And once it's maxed you can pop champs up left and right in team fights, using it 3 or possibly 4 times in a single fight.

Kalshazzak

12-22-2010

level 5 grab is 16 secs, I never notice the difference when leveling it up....cdr affects it more. As for OD vs power fist on maxing first, yes if sheen is your first item then by all means max fist first. However, I prefer manamune first which makes last hitting much easier on normal attacks and, mixed with maxing OD over power fist, gives you alot more dps against champs/towers.(manamune makes for a stronger power fist than sheen till ~lvl 10)

Two other important things maxing OD. First, you become more mobile, getting to your/other lanes for more grab opportunities and minion clearing with ult. Second you have an easier time pulling blitz change-up, OD past minions>powerfist>aa>grab when they run.(sitting there on max powerfist waiting for smart people to come out from behind minions doesn't work alot)

larkhill

12-22-2010

first off, if u max anything first just to last hit, you're bad and u should feel bad. last hitting isnt that hard, especially with blitz who has his ult to wipe out an entire minion wave anyway...

max grab first. then punch, with a point in the speed boost at lvl 4 or 5.

mana crystal + hp pot + mana pot
catalyst
boots 1
rod of ages
boots of swiftness
mejai's (with how easy it is to grab people into ur tower and get kills that way, ur going to get easy stacks a lot)
sheen
zhonya's/abyssal/void staff

this is AP blitzcrank. ur job is to grab people, knock them up, then silence them, then pop ur overdrive and kill whatever remains. ill repeat this again for the slow people in the audience... if u power up W or E first just for last hits, ur bad. ur VERY bad. last hits are not that hard, and after lvl 6, they should be cake. ur ult wipes out minion waves. if u cant last hit, go into a practice till u can.

now, the reason we max grab first is simple. ur grab is the first thing that hits them, and it'll be the most important. ur punch can be avoided. ur melee's can also be avoided, especially since ur atk speed is ungodly slow... ur grab cant. a well-timed grab will get people off guard and lead to a kill if done right.

AP blitz's best ability is by far his ult. this is one of the best ults in the game. its an aoe silence on a fairly short cooldown. let me repeat that... AOE SILENCE. AP blitz is by far one of the worse champs to lane against. AD blitz is one of the easiest. AP blitz will grab u then immediately knock u up and silence u, and u'll lose 75% of ur life bar without any ability to stop it at all. the other 25% will be from the lane partner/tower, ensuring a death almost every time u get grabbed and dont have flash to save u.

AD blitz grabs u, knocks u up, then silences u, and u lose maybe 30% of ur life bar, with another 25% in tower/lane partner dmg and u get away most of the time. AD blitz's abilities do very little actual dmg. his ult is weak, his grab is weak, and his atk speed is too low to make his melee a problem. and if a blitz picks up enough atk speed items, he doesnt have any more room for good AD items and basically becomes useless anyway...

AP blitz's dmg all comes during the phase where the opponent cant do anythign about it. namely, when he gets grabbed, knocked up, and silenced. AD blitz's dmg is all very easily avoided and all his abilities are weak.

AP blitz is the way to go

Kalshazzak

12-22-2010

Quote:
Larkhill:

now, the reason we max grab first is simple. ur grab is the first thing that hits them, and it'll be the most important. ur punch can be avoided. ur melee's can also be avoided, especially since ur atk speed is ungodly slow... ur grab cant.

WHAT? your auto attacks/punch can only be avoided through dodge. Grab just needs someone to be behind a minion or to take a step or two to the side.(if they can see you they should be able to dodge it or stay out of range) Grab is blitz's weakest ability unless it lands, and no cdr or damage increase is going to give it a higher chance of landing. OD makes you attack quite fast, and blitz got a base as buff in 106.

I'm not saying AP is worse than AD(I think they're about equal), but your reasoning on why it's better is quite off.

Also I wasn't suggesting OD for last hitting, but for gap closing and dps for towers/champs. Using the ult to clear last waves is a double edged sword, and I suggest only doing it to prevent damage to tower or if you're pushing to a tower.

Rice Princess

12-22-2010

I have been getting Tear of the Goddess as my first item recently and I really like it since it solves all of your mana issues and gives a huge boost to your passive.

I almost always play Blitz as a tank. I've tried maxing both Overdrive and Power Fist after Rocket Grab, and usually prefer Overdrive to help me move around the map quickly for warding, ganks, assisting teammates, running away, etc.