Best Champion for beginners?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llamasaurus

12-21-2010

I am just curious what the easiest on the learning curve is for champions out there. I'll purchase any one of them i don't care cost. I played DotA back in the day but this is hard for me to get back into cause i don't know any of the champions.

Also any comparisons to some of the DotA heroes to help me maybe get a grasp of it would help much. Thanks in advance.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Typically champions with the "recommended" tag have a lower skill floor (easier to pick up). Each champion also has a difficulty rating, which you could take into account.

What types of champions did you play in DotA? support, carry, tank, caster? (I've never played DotA before, so forgive me if the terms are different).

Caster: Annie (1350 IP). Widely recognized as the standard "get to know casters!" champion. Stuns every 5th spellcast. Relatively low CDs. Can be a bit mana hungry and/or squishy.

Carry: Ashe (450 IP), Tristana (1350 IP or free on Facebook). Both are ranged, and when farmed can deal insane DPS with their auto attacks. Ashe can kite like a boss, and Tristana can rocket jump (over walls)

Tank: Amumu (1350 IP) one single-target hookshot stun and one AoE stun. Amazing initiation. Widely recognized as one of the top 3 tanks.

Support: This one is iffy. I'd say Taric (3150 IP) is the easiest for beginners to pick up, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helped .

DENGY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

ashe or yi are good for noobs, and for pros later on

Mr Zafrada

12-21-2010

Comparisions between DotA heroes and LoL heroes are little bit odd, but I'll try.

For ranged Carry Try Ashe, is the archer of the tutorial (450 IP), she remembers me of Traxes, Or Tristana (1350) (some kind of Sniper with superior mobility)

For Casters: Try Annie (1350 IP) AoE stun of death, it remembers me a lil bit of Lion (don't know why they only have in common AoE stun and high burst)

For tanks: Try Malphite (3150 IP)(Some (some) kind of Leviathan)

For supporters: I'll go with Taric (1350 IP) Sona (3150 IP) mmm no DotA heroe comes to mind...Maybe Omni could be like taric, but.. eh, not really.

Have fun in the League. Feel free to ask furthers questions.

Ninja'd by Omni

Llamasaurus

12-21-2010

Thanks for all the help. Ashe reminded me of Drow ranger a lil bit. I think i might mess with her. Any suggestions on builds? Or links to Ashe builds?

ShadyGrave

12-21-2010

primarily for ranged carries go damage first. the most common error many make is to increase attack speed first, which doesnt work well. Infinity Edge and Boots is just about the core build for her, afterwards you can branch out into more damage, attack speed and defensive items if you need to.

for builds, take a look through Leaguecraft or Mobafire. i personally prefer leaguecraft but thats just preference.

NeoLies

12-21-2010

OK I'm also a DotA player so I'll see if I can help...

-Jax 3rd skill is like Axe's, the difference is that Jax stuns surrounding enemies that attack him instead of just doing damage.
-Ashe is really similar to Drow Ranger (Traxex), she's also great for beginners.
-Akali is like Rikimaru, but she doesn't have Permanent Invisibility =) .
-Singed is really like Alchemist, his ultimate being practically the same.
-Annie is a basic spellcaster, i recommend you to try her, she´s free2play this week, so you can play her. She's kinda like Lina (the Slayer).

I think that´s it. Hope I helped. I personally recommend Annie, Ashe and Jax, cos there simple straightforward champions.

Llamasaurus

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoLies View Post
OK I'm also a DotA player so I'll see if I can help...

-Jax 3rd skill is like Axe's, the difference is that Jax stuns surrounding enemies that attack him instead of just doing damage.
-Ashe is really similar to Drow Ranger (Traxex), she's also great for beginners.
-Akali is like Rikimaru, but she doesn't have Permanent Invisibility =) .
-Singed is really like Alchemist, his ultimate being practically the same.
-Annie is a basic spellcaster, i recommend you to try her, she´s free2play this week, so you can play her. She's kinda like Lina (the Slayer).

I think that´s it. Hope I helped. I personally recommend Annie, Ashe and Jax, cos there simple straightforward champions.
Thanks for the comparisons!!

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

12-21-2010

Normally I suggest a pusher or heavy character for people to learn.

Mundo is one of my most recommended champs. Cleaver for pretty much everything, ult is for not dying/being at full health because I said so/I wanna be the guy, and the other two situational.

FirekidFM

10-18-2011

i tried all of these and still lost like 7 games or something