Eve is frustrating.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

I played 8 games of LoL yesterday. And in 5 of them someone on the other team was playing Eve. It was a different person each time, but each one of those people had 16-28 kills. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Everyone I've ever played with complains about Eve. About how cheap she is, and how (not saying I agree with this just parroting people with more experience than I) it takes no skill to play her. My question is: If everyone hates her so bad, and no one thinks highly of anyone who plays her, then why hasn't SHE been nerfed? They should have left Ryze alone. (whom I never play, but at least I could live against him) and nerf Eve. I'm so frustrated with her, I'm almost ready to get 'lefts' when I see her. Any advice on living through her?

keftes

Recruiter

12-27-2009

1) Cleanse the stun
2) Oracle's or wards
3) ???
4) Profit

Fliblit

12-27-2009

do NOT run away when facing an eve. When you run, and thus get away from minions, you get a full 100% dmg from her hate spike instead of 50%, and most of the time thats what gets you killed, not the initial burst (from ravage, thats has a pretty lang cd).

and buy oracle pots, it helps a bunch too.

Nihili

12-27-2009

Yes, Eve may be frustrating to play against and may seem overpowered.

However, she is very fragile. Any decent damage dealer will kill her in an instant once her stealth is down. Just get an Oracle's potion and you'll turn the tide against her. Unless you let her get really farmed up before you get the potion, in that case you deserve to get pwned by her.

AmyOverlord

12-27-2009

What everyone else said.

She kills by making you fear her. Confront her squishy ass. Do not let her feed.

Eve is just a renowned pub stomper.

Synxxx

12-27-2009

She's annoying for sure, but unlike Shaco or Twitch, she's completely shut down by oracles.

Besides summoner spells, she has no means of quickly closing the distance on you; and is entirely reliant on stealth. Take that away, and she's basically just a squishy caster with ridiculously tiny range.

If you're good at staying alive, it will be more expensive; but I suggest using wards instead of oracles until lategame. The reason behind this is that unless they're ******ed, Ev players aren't going to engage you with oracles unless it's a team gank. But they don't know you can see them with a ward (unless someone watches you drop it), which WILL net you and your team a bunch of really easy kills until she catches on.

When you see her coming in stealth, don't immediately target her. Good Eve players will stealth around you to see how you react. If you run away or immediately target them, they know there's a ward down. Let her think you're a free kill; and then smack the hell out of her when she gets too close.

foxypickles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Okay I respond to this thread as an Eve player who is surprisingly high ELO. Basically, any smart eve player will still have a k/d of at least 2.0 even if you put wards down or use potions, the things about wards is, an eve player will KNOW if theyre down, they should constantly be checking the inventories of every single player in the game for wards and potions. As a response to the comment about her havingt short range and being a squishy caster ball, if you think about it, she's a player and a half. I love tower diving noobs because they think they are safe when i'm at half health and I wouldn't dare to attack thyem. However, you forget them fact that upon killin a champion she regains 25% of her max hp... That's kind of a lot when you have roughly 2.2K Enough to survive a teamgank or tower onslaught. Also, NEVER FACE AN EVE DIRECTLY You have no idea just how strong she is, pumping out 500's everysecond while at the same time preparing to stealth and ravage you again. Run the HELL away if you see an eve unless you outnumber her, that's the only case where you stay. If there's a half-decent Eve on the enemy team and you're anywhere below 50% health, start blue-pilling. Thzat's all I have to say

Laina

12-27-2009

Eve isn't that bad... it's Twitch that annoys me.

Gaeb

12-27-2009

She's got a lot of magic damage.

Buy a negatron cloak. Watch her dmg drop by 1/4 to 1/3...

Fuertisimo

12-27-2009

While she can pubstomp people who don't know what they're doing unbelievably well, she's much harder to play against good competition. I wouldn't say she's a top tier hero at all actually, its just that her burst damage and stealth make her especially adept at pubstomping.

Also I wouldn't say they nerfed ryze, they just changed him from a blow his load in one go glass cannon into a more consistent magic damage character.