Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

WotA distroyed, revamp please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NavyDivea

11-26-2013

The change to wota was not a good one. While i understand they are trying to appease the mordes and vlads of the world by giving cdr and making it cheaper didnt help the fact this item is almost useless on the champions that would normally carry it. Not many that use this item have mana, the cdr is tiny, and the the loss of the aura is almost crippling. AD heavy teams still have herald but now AP heavy teams no longer have an equivalent option. All in all this a is a Far worse item than the original Wota, if your really want to put cdr on it that badly then lower its ap slightly instead of crushing its team utility.

The5lacker

11-26-2013

Look at it like this: It's the old Spirit of the Spectral Wraith. It's literally just a better version of that that doesn't murder monsters. If you've ever bought a SotSW you can just shut your mouth right now. It's OBVIOUSLY a patch job because *gasp* NO ONE BOUGHT WotA.

NavyDivea

11-26-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:
Look at it like this: It's the old Spirit of the Spectral Wraith. It's literally just a better version of that that doesn't murder monsters. If you've ever bought a SotSW you can just shut your mouth right now. It's OBVIOUSLY a patch job because *gasp* NO ONE BOUGHT WotA.

The gripe I have is that it IS an obvious patch job, the entire reason SotSW was changed so hard was because laners were abusing it so they go and make an item that's almost an exact replica? I wouldn't mind it so much if made it a separate build path instead of destroying another. Yes WotA sees little competitive play but that doesn't mean those playing for fun and want that full AP team, or maybe the support that sees his APC needs that touch more sustain in team fights should lose the option for it.

death t200

Recruiter

11-27-2013

how about this. compare it to gunblade. gundlade has 45 ad, 15 more ap, 12% lifesteal, the active that does about 500 damage or so, while Wota has 10% cdr and 10 mana regen. I do agree that Wota is nerfed way to hard, but i do think the aura was a bit too much. I think Wota should have a higher amount of spell vamp, like 30% or so, and more ap. make it a focused item.

The5lacker

11-27-2013

They didn't change WotA because SotSW was being abused: They changed it because they were changing SotSW and WANTED PEOPLE TO STILL BE ABLE TO BUILD WHAT THEY WERE BUILDING BEFORE.

@Death: Yeah, WotA is also about 1500 gold CHEAPER. That's like saying Longsword sucks because B.F. Sword grants 45 AD.

Kholdstare13

11-27-2013

WotA was not only bought,m it was STAPLE. Stop thinking on SR and open up to the game as a whole. THe aura is HEAVILY needed.

Nicarasu

12-15-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:

Do you just ahte the WotA? It shoul dnot be used as a patch job, because it is absolutely necessary in many niche roles.

Nicarasu

12-15-2013

Quote:
Kholdstare13:
WotA was not only bought,m it was STAPLE. Stop thinking on SR and open up to the game as a whole. THe aura is HEAVILY needed.

Quoted For Truth.

The5lacker

12-15-2013

Quote:
Nicarasu:
Quoted For Truth.

Then why was it never used?

Other than in VS. AI matches by people who'd never played the game before and thought "Aura! That's cool, I should use that, my team will thank me!"

Kholdstare13

12-15-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:
Then why was it never used?

Other than in VS. AI matches by people who'd never played the game before and thought "Aura! That's cool, I should use that, my team will thank me!"

Vs AI? Howling Abyss has no AI. It was bought almost every game as long as it wasn't an all AD team.