[Fan-Made] League Judgement: Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undead Mantis

12-21-2010

Candidate: Kog'Maw
Date: 24 June, 20 CLE

OBSERVATION
It was perhaps the first occasion since his arrival on Runeterra that the terrible juices dripping from Kog'Maw's gaping maw did not erode the terrain at his feet. This did not take his notice, however, as he walked down the hallway, looking up and around with fascination, and hunger. He always regarded his surroundings with intense curiosity, and while the rest of Runeterra had been a colorful feast for all his senses, this place was empty, and monotone. It was like looking at an empty plate. Slightly disappointed, Kog'Maw saw no alternative but to carry forward.

It was quiet, save for the slow dripping of his saliva and the soft patter of his feet which stopped at the large double doors. His four eyes, usually darting about constantly, briefly paused upon a curious set of markings on door's archway. The symbols meant nothing to him, but he was instilled with a sense that it might have been something important. This was quickly forgotten as hunger rumbled in him. Thinking there might be something to eat behind these doors, he waddled forth, the doors opening for him.

REFLECTION
Kog'Maw was immediately taken in by the smell of something delicious. The only reason he could recognize the scent as something appetizing was that it was of something familiar... something he had tasted once.

"This is for my brother, you ugly beast!" Kog'Maw immediately turned to the source of the rather abrupt noise to see an armed warrior, riding atop some sort of four legged creature, charging towards him. Kog'Maw, hungry as he was, immediately spat forth caustic enzymes towards the biggest thing he saw: the warrior's mount. It barely had any time to cry out in pain as it's face dissolved away. The beast fell forward, throwing it's rider straight over Kog'Maw, howling in rage. Kog'Maw took a brief moment to savor the remains of the beast, and it was indeed the source of the scent he had tasted in the air.

He barely had time to ponder this as his meal was interrupted by the bruised but still enraged warrior that came up behind him. The warrior was immediately beset by other worldly digestive juices, and before he could even reach the monster, his armor had dissolved away and he was feeling the enzymes burning his flesh. He fell, merely a couple of feet from Kog'Maw, overwhelmed by the pain.

"What... what are you?" The warrior managed to gasp in his death throes. Kog'Maw did not quite understand the question, and quickly forgot it as he turned to survey the rest of the scene around him. The sight of the ruined nomad's camp disappointed the creature, for he had arrived at a meal that he had already mostly finished. Bodies, tents, weapons and the various supplies of the travelers laid strewn about, and almost nothing was untouched by the acidic juices. Kog'Maw had tasted everything here, he made sure of it.

His eyes, however, caught the sight of one tent that remained intact. With speed, he waddled to it, excited at the prospect of something more to eat. As the tent melted away, he found an individual, floating above where the tent once stood, his arms crossed and his eyes closed. Kog'Maw recognized this man.

The prophet's eyes opened, from which an other-worldly light shone, as he looked down at Kog'Maw. A voice echoed out from seemingly nowhere. An alien voice that most would have found deeply unsettling but which Kog'Maw found comforting and familiar.

"Why do you want to join the League, Kog'Maw?"

Kog'Maw struggled with the question. The concept of "why" wasn't really a solid one to Kog'Maw; he never really thought about it. In this instance, he didn't really know why he came here.

As Kog'Maw pondered however, his mind was soon filled with images of the Champions of the League. Powerful mages, large beasts of destruction, and warriors that out-matched the ones he had just eaten by far. He saw all this, and was tantalized. He looked up at the prophet, a great deal of acid dripping from his jaws.

"Food... FOOD!"

While the prophet's robe covered most of his face, one might say they could see a smile in the eyes that glowed terribly.

"Indeed."

Enrayged

12-21-2010

Slightly comedic, but I assume that is truly how Kog'Maw's mind functions.

So far, I've been dissapointed that there hasn't been a Kog'Maw fan judgement yet, but understandably so - how would you judge something with such little known history?

This did not dissapoint. 10/10

Euant

12-22-2010

Was a very good read but you and I definitely took different paths when writing our Kog'Maw Judgments. I can't really say much more than that because..well it was a very good read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
So far, I've been dissapointed that there hasn't been a Kog'Maw fan judgement yet...
Ouch.

Undead Mantis

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euant View Post
Was a very good read but you and I definitely took different paths when writing our Kog'Maw Judgments. I can't really say much more than that because..well it was a very good read!
I did not know whether or not a Kog'Maw judgement had been written or not (fan written).

I actually was planning to do Malzahar but then I found out it's been done.

I Googled "Kog'Maw Judgement" and nothing came up, so I wrote this.

I'd very much like to see what others have written, do you have a link?

Riot EdwinMols

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

There is a stickied thread at the top of the forum that contains most of the fan-made judgments, as well as other products of the community.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575

Undead Mantis

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinMols View Post
There is a stickied thread at the top of the forum that contains most of the fan-made judgments, as well as other products of the community.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575
I don't see a Kog'Maw or Malzahar Judgement anywhere...

Enrayged

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euant View Post

Ouch.
Sorry never seen a Kog'Maw judgement besides this one... :\

Undead Mantis

01-02-2011

Bump because I am a silly fool.

AhrimanHJ

01-07-2011

kogmaw is cute. My only suggestion that you should have ccapitalized more on Kogmaw's innocence, because it is unclear here whether or not he is sadistic or not.

Konanza

04-29-2011

Pretty cool. +1