Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mordekaiser/Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

12-21-2010

Buy 3 Null mantles, boots, and two high cost dps items. The game should end by the construction of the second high cost dps item.

Vs Morde, turn one of those null mantles into the item that cleanses all debuffs.

12-21-2010

Negatron Cloak is what you are talking about: It turns into a Quick Silver Sash, which was suggested earlier. Problem w/ stacking all the resists early is that you are using all your cash to defend against one, perhaps two opponents. If you put your cash into DPS items, you are making something that can be "used" against all 5 opponents.

If you have Morgana, Galio, or (I think) Lux, if they are practiced enough they will shield the teammate that is lowest health to protect them from either of those ults. Galio is especially good vs Morde since the healing it provides procs on each "tick" of damage. Nothing helps against the ignite aside from being smart about avoiding being that low in life to begin with.

The Herpes Clown

12-21-2010

Quote:
FaerellG:

The odd thing with Karth's ult is that I don't think it's that bad. There are plenty of champs with AoE damage ults, the only thing is that karth doesn't need to actually be there to use it. The damage on the ult itself is kinda meh compared to others. I mean...nunu does about the same damage...while slowing everyone caught. Amumu full out disables those caught in his ult while damaging them. Gailo's is a taunt and damage. So I'd say that Karth's no need for positioning is something different that most people don't consider. Just keep in mind that there's a huge chunk of potential damage that karth can heap on you from wherever he likes.

What's the best defensive stat in the game? Even better than MR or Armor or Health? Range. If you're out of range, you take zero damage. "From wherever he likes" is the beauty of Karthus: unlike Amumu or Nunu, whose ults operate on a circle which if you simply flash out of or avoid you're safe, you are NEVER safe with Karthus because his ult has INFINITE range.

Now, I'm not saying Karthus is OP. As you all pointed out, his ult damage isn't super huge, and it does have a sufficiently long cooldown. Furthermore, Karthus is a squishy mofo, and as long as you all scatter when he dies so he can't keep you in his Defile ring, he's basically useless except for that ult. But his ult's utility is simply unparalleled against AD champs specifically since they lack an on-command spell cancel (notable exceptions are Yi, Sivir, and Shen) like Zhonya's Ring offers.

The Herpes Clown

12-21-2010

Quote:
Gato Muerto:
Negatron Cloak is what you are talking about: It turns into a Quick Silver Sash, which was suggested earlier. Problem w/ stacking all the resists early is that you are using all your cash to defend against one, perhaps two opponents. If you put your cash into DPS items, you are making something that can be "used" against all 5 opponents.

If you have Morgana, Galio, or (I think) Lux, if they are practiced enough they will shield the teammate that is lowest health to protect them from either of those ults. Galio is especially good vs Morde since the healing it provides procs on each "tick" of damage. Nothing helps against the ignite aside from being smart about avoiding being that low in life to begin with.

I assume from this, then, that Quicksilver Sash does indeed remove Mordekaiser/Vlad ult. This is a step in the right direction, but as the quoted poster has mentioned, AD champs are still at a specific disadvantage. Every gold spent in the way of defense is gold not spent in the way of attack power. AD champs are not meant to be tanks. Conversely, AP champs can spend gold in their biggest AP item (Zhonya's) AND get the great defensive active along with it.

The Herpes Clown

12-21-2010

Quote:
The Herpes Clown:
I assume from this, then, that Quicksilver Sash does indeed remove Mordekaiser/Vlad ult. This is a step in the right direction, but as the quoted poster has mentioned, AD champs are still at a specific disadvantage. Every gold spent in the way of defense is gold not spent in the way of attack power. AD champs are not meant to be tanks. Conversely, AP champs can spend gold in their biggest AP item (Zhonya's) AND get the great defensive active along with it.

Quicksilver Sash removing Mordekaiser and Vlad ults is confirmed, I just tested it. That makes me feel a little bit more comfortable. Now I can play Ashe without having to completely fret whenever I see a Mordekaiser on the enemy team--even if I'm focused, I can at least cleanse kaiser's ult most of the time and not be used as a weapon against my team.

zors

Recruiter

12-21-2010

Carry a 250g red elixir. Hope its enough with the MR you have from Aegis or your own foresight.

BeyondGodlike

12-21-2010

There is no guaranteed way to protect yourself from karthus ult.

Clyton

12-21-2010

The only guarantee way to negate Karthus' ult dmg is banshee and zhonya or whatever items that can negate damage should that item be active at that time. Evens skills that negate damage can work (Kayle's ultimate). Even if your an AD champ, it's pretty advisable getting banshee if you know you're going to face "skill damage-dependent AP champs". If you don't do that... Then well, even recalling in time won't work cause you would still have low HP, and a properly build AP Karthus can do close to 1K dmg with his ult.

Claricorp

12-21-2010

hexdrinker wont mitigate all the damage, but it will probably save your butt from karths ult quite often

edit: banshees is the best option if you need some mana on your champ however, being able to get catalyst early makes this actually decently viable.

Ichikaze

12-21-2010

Morde been nerfed pretty hard,he is no fun now.