Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mordekaiser/Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Herpes Clown

12-21-2010

How can I mitigate Mordekaiser or Karthus ults when I'm an AD champ? I say AD specifically because AP have the Zhonyas which basically solves everything.

Mordekaiser teamfights seem so easy to me in concept:
1. Tell team to focus enemy AD Yi, Trist, Ashe, Corki, etc.
2. Ult enemy AD before s/he dies
3. Get ghost
4. gg

I mean, yeah, sometimes Mordekaiser's team isn't good enough to focus the enemy AD, sometimes Mordekaiser himself sucks balls and doesn't know how to ult, but assuming everyone is competent, I just don't see how it could work.

Karthus is another one. His ult does huge damage mid/endgame. He simply waits for the teamfight to begin and uses it once everyone has blown all their Banshees, spellshields, hexdrinkers, etc. If you've got a Zhonya's you're a-ok, but how many AD have Zhonya's?

Clease/Quicksilver doesn't remove Mordekaiser curse/Karthus ult debuff (while the move charges you've got a debuff on you). At least, I don't think? Please correct me if I'm wrong because that would be the answer to my prayers.

IWBTG

12-21-2010

Hexdrinker if you want a MR + AD item

FaerellG

12-21-2010

Banshee's veil will stop Karthus' ult like half the time. Aside from that, find some form of MR to mitigate the damage.

Mambazo

12-21-2010

If karthus has less than 4 kills by 20 minutes his ult will be doing piss poor damage and will only be worse end-game when people have built their survival items.
I don't know what to tell you about morde. I think he's a fruity champ.

Ekir Atari

12-21-2010

Quote:
FaerellG:
Banshee's veil will stop Karthus' ult like half the time. Aside from that, find some form of MR to mitigate the damage.

As a Karthus player, the Veil will only stop Karthus' ult if you're not involved in a teamfight. I normally look for bubbles to pop before I die so that his ult can go unhindered.

The MR is the all-around solution (which the Veil so inconveniently has built in!). Buy some MR and Karthus can't really do much to you unless he changes his build to AS/AD or some weird **** that isn't going to work anyway.

Mordekeiser... I don't know him well enough to advise.

The Herpes Clown

12-21-2010

Quote:
Ekir Atari:
As a Karthus player, the Veil will only stop Karthus' ult if you're not involved in a teamfight. I normally look for bubbles to pop before I die so that his ult can go unhindered.

The MR is the all-around solution (which the Veil so inconveniently has built in!). Buy some MR and Karthus can't really do much to you unless he changes his build to AS/AD or some weird **** that isn't going to work anyway.

I know. I main Karthus. That's why I get so frustrated when I'm bored of him and decide to try out Ashe or whatever and end up getting pwned by an enemy Karthus who, even though I know all his tricks, I just can't stop.

Banshees only stops ult during laning/ganking phase. During teamfights, when everyone is throwing spells at each other, everything is popped--hexdrinkers, banshees, spellshields, meditate, whatever. And Karthus saves his ult for the juicy end.

MR is twofold badness: cash spent on MR could always be better spent on more AD, and Karthus can just get a void staff + sorc shoes + abyssal + mastries (even a haunting guise if he wants) and decimate your MR anyway.

Quote:
Mambazo:
If karthus has less than 4 kills by 20 minutes his ult will be doing piss poor damage and will only be worse end-game when people have built their survival items.
I don't know what to tell you about morde. I think he's a fruity champ.

Karthus? Less than 4 kills by 20 minutes? If he goes mid, which he ALWAYS should, 4 kills by 20 minutes indicates something's wrong: either he's not timing his ults well, he's not placing his Lay Waste effectively, or his team isn't setting up enough opportunities for him to use his ult.

I think Morde is a fruity champ, too. He used to be OP because of his shield, but they've worked hard to fix that. Now he's just OP because of that unavoidable, ****ing ult of his. If ANYONE has low health in a teamfight, BAM ignite + ult = ghost.

The Herpes Clown

12-21-2010

Quicksilver sash, even though it "removes all debuffs," doesn't remove Karthus's ult debuff. I just tested it. I'm willing to bet it doesn't work on Mordekaiser's or Vlad's, either. So much for that idea.

Incendax

12-21-2010

Karthus is just a fascinating pick. He should only be played competitively when the rest of your team focuses on AD. The reason for this is so the enemy is forced to buy MR items which are inefficient against a single opponent, or leave themselves open to being wrecked by your ult.

If you find yourselt on a team composed of primarily magic damage then you should just avoid playing Karthus.

FaerellG

12-21-2010

Quote:
Ekir Atari:

That's why I said Veil.
Usually it just outright blocks the ult damage, and when it doesn't, the built in MR takes it. Similar to Morde's.

Admittedly, I play Sivir and Shen who both have shields of sorts which I can put up to block their ults. As Shen, I'd pack a Force of Nature. The MR on that along with Feint will prevent most of the damage.
Sivir...just time the spell shield and it's free mana on Karthus. Morde is harder to block with SS, but if you just auto attack and let the life steal from starks or bloodthirster juice you up, you should be able to sustain your HP.

The odd thing with Karth's ult is that I don't think it's that bad. There are plenty of champs with AoE damage ults, the only thing is that karth doesn't need to actually be there to use it. The damage on the ult itself is kinda meh compared to others. I mean...nunu does about the same damage...while slowing everyone caught. Amumu full out disables those caught in his ult while damaging them. Gailo's is a taunt and damage. So I'd say that Karth's no need for positioning is something different that most people don't consider. Just keep in mind that there's a huge chunk of potential damage that karth can heap on you from wherever he likes.

Arkives

12-21-2010

Quote:
The Herpes Clown:
Quicksilver sash, even though it "removes all debuffs," doesn't remove Karthus's ult debuff. I just tested it. I'm willing to bet it doesn't work on Mordekaiser's or Vlad's, either. So much for that idea.

I works on Morde's and just recently Vlad's ult now.