Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes: How much do they really matter past early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CopyPasteMezzYou

Recruiter

12-22-2010

Quote:
Cenerae:
...(Possibly higher, but I can't recall offhand if the blue elixir is 15% or not anymore, so I assumed it was 10 to be on the safe side)...

good assumption:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=391819

Ebonclaw

12-22-2010

Some Flat runes are very high actual value, because they scale with other stats, so you can't realize their potential until later, for example IAS runes.

Some Scaling runes can provide very reasonable bonuses by level 6, and continue to build, for example AP/level runes. You can get 83AP@18 from runes, which is over 5AP/level. This breaks even with Flat AP at level 7, and at 18 with Zhonya, you're talking about ~100AP more than you'd have without the runes.

As with all things, in LOL you must have a strategy in mind before you can make proper decisions about strategic elements, such as runes.

Harbin

12-22-2010

Movespeed quints are SO MUCH FUN.

That is all.

AntiHeart

12-22-2010

My flat CD blues and mp/5 yellows scale beautifully on my Kassadin. With my masteries, I only need Nashtor's Tooth for 38.9% CD and ridiculous mp regen/5.

LoveYuRi

12-22-2010

Hes right, the earlier the game you get kills cuz of your runes, the easier late game is gonna be.

For me, my rune+masteries stacks my tryndamere to a 30% critl chance WHICH helps alot early game which is wheer tryndamere fails the most, after early game trynd kinda owns.

and a fed trynd isnt fun to play with when he does 3-5 hit kos on you.

Im Your Real Dad

12-22-2010

just got to level 20 and i finally bought runes. it really is a huge difference, for me at least. i rely heavily on how well i do early and mid game. i use flat ability power in quints and glyph, really helps me harass and get those stacks for my mejais early on. i won't be able to play swain w/o them anymore =p