Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darkin Theories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haon450

12-03-2013

Quote:
Kyzrathnosh:
Doesn't kill it at all. The Darkin could be weapons that change their hosts into a preferred form.

If the Darkin are a winged race that would mean the Darkin itself would need to have wings. And considering the blade does not have wings...Yeah... Also his own lore states "Aatrox is a legendary WARRIOR, one of only five that remain of an ancient race known as the Darkin. He WIELDS his massive blade with grace and poise,"

And for the i believe 3rd or 4th time i have said this. Why would something that big just be skipped over in his lore?

I don't mean to be a killjoy but it just really feels like everyone wants to read in their own lore into every champion. Even if the official lore has nothing backing it.

Edit: I don't even mind the speculation so much if its not too far out or contradicting lore. Example: The Varus or Brand theory's. However ether way I don't think there is a Darkin among us other then Aatrox.

SecretLore

12-03-2013

Also I've read some people saying that varus' corruption might come from a darkin and since varus has some kind of living bow it would support the "darkin are weapons"-theory.
However it actually speaks against it,since the bow is not the source of the corruption.

But the fact that aatrox has a living sword means the darkins are most likely somehow able to create living weapons and since aatrox bow seems to be alive to some extent i would actually say it is quite likely that the corruption that consumes him is of darkin origin(however i wouldn't say that varus or the corruption are a darkin because of that)

Haon450

12-03-2013

Yeah the only reason I'd believe the Varus/Brand theory's a bit easier is due to a "Take over" sort of deal with those. The corruption being the essence of a Darkin/the power of one or Brand being one and taking over a host. I still doubt any of them are Darkin but if I HAD to bet on one or two it would be them.

Still don't buy the weapons being Darkin though. Same reason I said b4, No wings and if THEY were the Darkin they would have to have wings. Another thing i said b4 is I really,really,REALLY hope that riot bust out new Darkin champs.

Heck at this point I would rather have them bust out new reveal skins if a current champ IS a Darkin as well as rework their lore.(I would be VERY disappointed in Riot for taking such a cheap and underdone/underwhelming way out but at least it would put a few minds at ease. Namely mine.) rather then leave us hanging.

Devinatiol

10-02-2014

I firmly believe that the Darkin represent the Horsemen of the apocalypse since Aatrox is so obviously inspired by the Red Horse war (which was also the first horseman to arrive), since War had a living blade and kept a well of his victims blood to heal himself. War inspired battle and ended up leading to massacres, the banners of war were his symbols (Aatrox's wings are said to be war banners, and I think they said Darkin's wings represent their purpose). so Im waiting for the white darkin Conquest, the Pale (spectral) Darkin Death, and the Black darkin Famine, also Pestilence is another horsemen but is useally either Conquest or Pestilence not both. Anyways, Conquest uses a bow (which could make Varus viable) and a relic while riding, Death carried the scythe, and famine carried a scale or measure, all interesting bases for champions... I see conquest as either support or mage, famine as either support or mage, and death as an assassin/ jungler which leaves the 5th Darkin unknown and obscure, they talked about turning eve into a hybrid Darkin but the shadow isles champions more represent the deadly sins.

SecretLore

10-03-2014

@Devinatiol:
I never heard about the red horseman having a living sword and didn't find anything about it on the internet.
Also him having war banners as wings doesn't really mean much,I mean the horseman of war wasn't that much associated with the banners themselves,its just that war banners are simply fitting for a war champ anyway.

also I kinda don't buy the shadow isles and the 7 sins theory,I mean who would be envy?What about Elise and Evelynn who are both seductresses and thus fitting for lust?What would happen if they made another shadow isles champ(I mean if the current 7 SI-champs represent the 7 sins,then that would mean there won't be any SI-champs anymore)
Not to mention that unlike the darkin,the SI have already 3 champs who definetly fit into the whole horsemenidea(Hecarim is obviously war,Karthus is death,I mean he basically worships death, and Mordekaiser manages to fill both conquest(being the first undead) and pestilence(he was noted several times to be drawn to the disease of others))

Valaran Nara

10-04-2014

Quote:
Haon450:
Whenever I see these threads on who may be Darkin I think the same thing every time(by that i dont mean to be critical of the thread).

Darkin is NOT a title. It is a race. Like humans.

therefor I very firmly believe that most of the champions people say could be Darkin (Mord, Jax, Hec ect) can not be a darkin. No wings and not the same body build. While i know not all things of the same race looks the same they at least have something in common.

That and i would think that being one of the last 5 of a very powerful race would be mentioned in the lore of said champion.

I think that if we do(and most likely will) see another Darkin it will be a entirely new champion altogether. I myself am a big fan of Aatrox(you have no idea how sad the big nerf mad me) and would very disappointed if they just threw out a skin for current champions and called it a Darkin.

Funny thing, judging by somebody elses theory Darkin, are, in fact, weapons.

Aatrox is referred to as "The Darkin Blade" His weapon is a LIVING weapon. It drinks blood. It moves and bends. When Aatrox fought in battle, him and his sword moved as one. During the Aatrox teaser, Ezreal found artifacts of Aatrox, but also of his sword and mostly his sword. So what if Aatrox is not the body, but the weapon it self. That makes more sense when you say "Aatrox the Darkin Blade" because Aatrox IS a blade.

Btw, with that said, Varus is a proper candidate, but not Varus himself. Varus's bow is now a living weapon. The bow is now darkin and is forming a symbiotic bond with Varus much like Aatrox did with its human host.

Link to theory right... here: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/EookJA38-the-darkin-facts-myths-and-theories