Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Darkin Theories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haon450

Member

11-27-2013

Quote:
DannyBuddy:
but i doubt they all look the same, and act the same, a race veries in images, look at the asian decent, korean, japaness, chinese, indian, mongolion, all very diffirent, also they are suppose to be this amazing race of warriors, i think someone of them would find ways to fit in, or do something to blend in, or maybe like some said its something that devolps like with varus and his bow, or the strongest one i can think of is beatrice, and im not chaning my mind on that, beatrice is to perfect of a candidate


To some extent they should be different. Nobody looks the same. But I mean major things like the body style,mabye the odd voice Aatrox has,And more importantly the wings. And again why would being a Darkin simply be skipped over in the lore of said champ? I'm still not buying that we have a Darkin in league other then Aatrox and wont until riot releases a skin out of what imo would be being too lazy to make a new champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narasimha

Senior Member

11-27-2013

While I am on the track of thought that Darkins should more or less look the same, I would also hold that there is a decent enough chance that jax could be a darkin.
Points to back it up:
1. Appearance: Relatively unknown. Going off of basic skins alone, all we can really see of jax is his hands and feet. Whose to say he doesn't have a pair of wings tucked behind him?
2. Former job: Jax was a former mercenary. What do you we know from the one Darkin currently revealed? He loves war. If Aatrox was the one to lead them into battle, then jax could be one who inspires through action.
3. Strength: His lore says it all. The only champion to have special restrictions. The only champion to impose restrictions on himself AFTER the special restrictions. The man beats people up with a lamp post, for crying out loud.
On a side note, Varus could be another potential. If you read his Judgement, it reveals that the corruption is continuously trying to grow further and further on him, and varus has to keep beating it back. It'll take him eventually, but he's also fighting it as much as he can, which hints at sentience on the corruption's part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haon450

Member

11-27-2013

Quote:
Simha Cantus:
While I am on the track of thought that Darkins should more or less look the same, I would also hold that there is a decent enough chance that jax could be a darkin.
Points to back it up:
1. Appearance: Relatively unknown. Going off of basic skins alone, all we can really see of jax is his hands and feet. Whose to say he doesn't have a pair of wings tucked behind him?
2. Former job: Jax was a former mercenary. What do you we know from the one Darkin currently revealed? He loves war. If Aatrox was the one to lead them into battle, then jax could be one who inspires through action.
3. Strength: His lore says it all. The only champion to have special restrictions. The only champion to impose restrictions on himself AFTER the special restrictions. The man beats people up with a lamp post, for crying out loud.
On a side note, Varus could be another potential. If you read his Judgement, it reveals that the corruption is continuously trying to grow further and further on him, and varus has to keep beating it back. It'll take him eventually, but he's also fighting it as much as he can, which hints at sentience on the corruption's part.



I kinda hate to be the guy just rejecting everything but...

1: Why would he LEAP instead of fly? and before you say that it may explain why he can do that lemme point out Aatrox straight up fly's into the air. while Jax, Well, Leaps.

2: Not as good as one but i don't know what a Darkin would be doing being "Soldier For Hire"... Again not nearly as good as 1.

3: Jax may have a large amount of strength but i don't think that makes him a Darkin on its own. Otherwise there would be a very large chunk of the champs being Darkin.

Looking back on it Varus is a bit more believable to me but then again it would have to be a Darkin's essence or something as the corruption. Which while possible is far from certain. Heck if it worked like that it could have been a Darkin that attacked Nautilus.

I don't mean to say this is a stupid thread or something and it is actually kinda cool but the fact is everyone can speculate and at time even bring up good points but like how it is with many lore figures that are unknown (Kha'zix being the one who fought with Rengar and who knew a person who hunted the dead(Lucian) would hate Thesh over someone like Mord. Both of these examples being debated before official info came out.) that is all it is and can be. Speculation. That is, Until Riot decides to stop leaving us hanging and ether release a new Darkin champ(<----Please this) or a reveal skin of someone being a Darkin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narasimha

Senior Member

11-27-2013

No, no, by all means, fire away! I enjoy a good debate.

1. Well, this would go along with his hidden wings. Aatrox flies with his wings, yes. But with his wings hidden, the best Jax can manage is a high jump. And its pretty damn far too.
2. This may be leaning a bit on personal speculation, but I feel that Darkins value the conflict itself over everything else. And what gets around more than mercenary? As TF2'S Sniper put it best "At the end of the day, if theres two people left on the planet, someones going to want someone dead."
3. Its not so much the strength itself, as the fact that the cause of the strength is unknown. Mages have talent and/or training. The assassins were doing it for a while. The voidborn were made that way. But what exactly gives a man with the lamppost the power to fight and beat all these guys?
And hey, speculation makes the time go by :P
Fun fact, Lucian only hates Thresh especially for personal reasons. He does have unique quotes with Hecarim and Morde indicating he would just as easily go after them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haon450

Member

11-27-2013

Ok well I don't mind talking about one my fav champs (or at least his race).

1, I don't have much more to say here. just i don't understand why he would leap if he could outright fly.

2, While Aatrox does enjoy a good battle and bloodshed he is only 1 of 5 Darkin. can't really say much about what they all enjoy. Although that being said we can't really say much about them in the first place. many of my speculations(btw ur right can't really think things well without speculation js we cant be for certain about anything at all until riot finds out the left a huge hole in lore they need to fill in) could be wrong (wings body style voice ect...btw even with that being said assuming i'm right it seems Jax is quite a bit smaller but it may just be me there) and many of the guesses could be very very far off. Although im certain not all of them right. that number of guesses would pass 4 lol.


3: Again not much to say. good point here but Jax always seemed like the Chuck Norris of LoL and I kinda feel that's the sort of thing they went for with him.

On a side note. if they are alike when it comes to thought ect (see point 2) i would think Jax would seem more bloodthirsty rather then ready for a bar brawl kind of thing. While Aatrox [Fun fact 4 u it is very likely Aatrox's name comes from Atrocity.(source being LoL wiki however reliable that is)] just seems to want to flat out murder people in all out war.

P.S. not gonna be able to quick respond it is late where I am. GN. I may or may not respond later lol. Happy Thanksgiving.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DannyBuddy

Member

11-28-2013

why is everyone so hung up on aatrox's wings, i feel they where ment to be banners like the japaness samurai and at last moment they said "those look like wings" and ran with it, i dont think all darkin will have wings, or look the same at all, they are a race like the voidlings, they are all diffirent looking to show variety and role diffirence, comparing darkin to voidlings seems the most logical because they arnt human, and demons have the same thing where they all look diffirent to spite being the same race, i think the wings are aatrox's thing, but he doesnt use them that much, they more serve like a banner to imspire those around him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecretLore

Senior Member

11-28-2013

In the aatrox sneak peek it was said that the darkins are a "winged" race,which is why wings would be kinda essential for being a darkin.


Also I think even though they are said to be warriors i don't think they are all physical fighters,so some of them could be mages or supports.

Overall i also think it is very likely that aatrox is the only darkin in the game,because like Haon450 said it would kinda look lazy if riot just retconned older champs into darkin and there is no reason to hide the fact that someone of the existing champs is a darkin anyway.


I could imagine that Lilith,the woman who was the owner of ryzes scroll could be a darkin soley based on the fact that lilith is a very demonic sounding name and the darkins are more or less Lols version of demons.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DannyBuddy

Member

11-28-2013

Quote:
Haon450:
To some extent they should be different. Nobody looks the same. But I mean major things like the body style,mabye the odd voice Aatrox has,And more importantly the wings. And again why would being a Darkin simply be skipped over in the lore of said champ? I'm still not buying that we have a Darkin in league other then Aatrox and wont until riot releases a skin out of what imo would be being too lazy to make a new champion.


because the lore is about swain, not his weapon beatrice, swain wants people to look over his bird as nothing to think about, but really she controls his every action


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haon450

Member

11-29-2013

Quote:
DannyBuddy:
because the lore is about swain, not his weapon beatrice, swain wants people to look over his bird as nothing to think about, but really she controls his every action



Ok sorry but where are you getting that Beatrice(Swain's bird) is controlling him? i just looked over his lore and all it says about Beatrice is "More controversy surrounded the bird that never left his shoulder, whose name he whispered only to it." (Exact copy/paste from Swain lore.) Just due to her being a magical bird with no background does not make her a Darkin.

If I'm missing some lore page about them both please tell me but just from that it seems like betting on the bird is a shot in the dark.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DannyBuddy

Member

11-29-2013

Quote:
Haon450:
Ok sorry but where are you getting that Beatrice(Swain's bird) is controlling him? i just looked over his lore and all it says about Beatrice is "More controversy surrounded the bird that never left his shoulder, whose name he whispered only to it." (Exact copy/paste from Swain lore.) Just due to her being a magical bird with no background does not make her a Darkin.

If I'm missing some lore page about them both please tell me but just from that it seems like betting on the bird is a shot in the dark.


it mentions she isnt like other birds, she also controls all his abilties and his ult where he becomes her makes him look like darkin, wings, arms, everything